Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2023, 16:52   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBabyGo View Post
Hello, I love my City's iVtech engine and for some reasons I don't like small capacity turbo petrol engines (e.g. 1.0 litre).

I am surprised with the fact that most of us cribbing Honda for continuing with 1.5 iVtech engine, but on the other hands says that it is the most sorted NA engine in India.
I agree with this.

A turbo petrol engine is fun but the NA engines can not be rooted out just because they are not turbo.

1. My friend has a Honda City with the 1.5NA. If driven sedately, the FE puts the competition to shame. There is zero turbo lag (being NA) and the four cylinder engine is butter smooth and pin drop silent at low rpm. If driven hard, the loss in FE is still nowhere as much as that of a turbo petrol engine.

2. Honda NA engines are more reliable than turbo engines in the market (my personal opinion based on observation, not statistically backed by data). A turbo engine car can make one stranded on the road even if there is slight loss of vaccum in the plumbing circuit anywhere (intercooler, turbo etc). Our 5 years old Brezza did this to my brother in December 2022 and my Punto made me stranded due to a broken clamp of the turbo pipe in the middle of nowhere.

Things can go wrong with any engine and any car. I personally believe that the chances are lower in the Honda NA engine (its very reliable).

What I wish to say is not to jump the signal. Please wait for the car to launch, drive it and then decide if the engine is to be rejected or accepted.

This is me struggling to get the plumbing fixed in my car on a village road in Rajasthan. Taught the mechanic everything myself to fix it.

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-img_0739.jpeg

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-img_0738.jpeg
PaddleShifter is online now   (25) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 20:54   #302
BHPian

I'm trying to figure out what makes this glorified overpriced hatch "A SUV"?
kpkeerthi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 21:33   #303
Senior - BHPian

Am I the only one who thinks that all the Japanese CSUVs are looking pretty much alike? The Hyryder/Grand Vitara/ Elevate- from a distance you would be hard pressed to see a big difference !
Old 4th May 2023, 22:22   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkeerthi View Post
Before the product is revealed or price announced !! Seriously??
NICHE is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 23:07   #305

Quote:
How exactly does a CSUV poised to share its platform with the City become a 'glorified hatch'? We have barely seen the complete design and with such limited information, I dont see how you could possibly comment this.
sids2705 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 23:18   #306
BANNED

Quote:
Go ask the "S-Presso" while sipping her, she'll "Elevate" your thought process.

Last edited by Torquedo : 4th May 2023 at 23:21.
Torquedo is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 23:45   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just curious to know. Would you call Creta Seltos, Nexon, Punch, Brezza, Sonet etc SUVs?
pgsagar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 00:51   #308
BHPian

"Sadly, sometimes it's too late. and that's the thing about time, we cannot get it back"

To add to that Honda will go all greedy and slap a stupidly high price tag.
Old 5th May 2023, 07:45   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, if the espresso and Ignis can be branded as an “SUV” then why can’t the Elevate be “ elevated” as an SUV .
Jokes apart, this really comes as a surprise when I thought Honda was planning to exit India. As compared to its competitors, their product portfolio is err, nothing.
rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 08:55   #310
BHPian

Without the Turbo Petrol, its difficult to find success.

Hybrid if priced in Diesel range would be the one to go for.
Old 5th May 2023, 09:19   #311
BHPian

I like the name - Elevate, it evokes some emotion (Kushaq is another one I liked), unlike craters and mentos type names for the best sellers

1.5 NA is more than adequate for this segment, is quite competent. Honda just need to add a sweet sounding exhaust and the free-revving engine is more than sufficient to put smile on driver's face.

Price it sensibly Honda, provide good interiors like City, sleek & classy exteriors (not tacky like the others in the segment) and it will sell.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 09:30   #312
BHPian

Hopefully they do not mess it up like the Mobillio, BR-V and price it right. If those 2 checkboxes are ticked then they have a winner at hand else I fear they might end up going the Ford,GM,Fiat way.
Old 5th May 2023, 09:41   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
VW's 3 cylynder 1.0 TSI is almost as refined as Honda's iVTEC, delivers silimar fuel efficeincy and blows it away in terms of performance.
After extensively driving the 1.0 MT Kushaq and 1.0 auto Kushaq, firmly disagree with your comments here. Many people on the road have asked us numerous times if it was a diesel engined car! Also the 1.5 iVtec delivers better fuel efficiency (2-3 kmpl easily) in city and highways.

I must say that the 1.5 iVtec is more driveable (if I can say that) on hills/ghat roads, under full loads too, you will definitely notice a difference in performance of the 1.0Tsi. This is also present in the 1.5 iVtec but is not as pronounced as the 1.0. I agree the 1.0 Tsi has better numbers than the 1.5 but it doesn't outright blow it away in terms of performance in real life usage with people and luggage.

The 1.0 tsi with the torque converter although performs better than the cvt and is the better engine-gearbox combination. Still doesn't hold a candle to honda's refinement though. (Even 11-12 year old 1.5 iVtec's are just as quiet and just as quick today like when new.)

The 1.5Tsi is obviously the best engine overall this side of 20 lacs for reasons known to everyone.
John316_WRC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 10:56   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
This! I am surprised at the reasons given by some members justifying Honda and their decision of sticking with NA only in India(not counting the diesels). Heck, they offer turbo petrols in Pakistan as well.

Hi AYP - I am one of those who are justifying Honda sticking to their 1.5L NA engine and I personally feel that Honda NA engine is excellent enough to wait to launch their 1.0L Turbo engine. This is not the case with say Hyundai, Skoda/VW, Maruti, Nissan-Renault or even Toyota.

Beside this, as of now Turbo petrol engines are mainly offered by those whose NA engines are lame or not there. Also it is difficult from management point of view to think of investing heavily to bring an engine when management is not sure that it will significantly improve their monthly sales, which I believe is true because Honda don't have a line up (present or in near future) to take them to 15k to 18k monthly sale even if they bring 1.0L Turbo petrol engine.
GoBabyGo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 11:09   #315
Senior - BHPian

Is this car going to be a 5 seater or 6/7 seater? Any speculations?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks