Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2010, 10:11   #286
BHPian

Watched the Autocar review of the EVO and the expected price is upwards of 50 lacs

HIGHLY Overpriced!!!!
Old 18th June 2010, 10:45   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmaxfan View Post
Watched the Autocar review of the EVO and the expected price is upwards of 50 lacs

HIGHLY Overpriced!!!!
What a waste of money! 50L for a Mitsubishi!! There are so many better options in the market. You can get a German luxury performance sedan at this price.
Old 18th June 2010, 11:08   #288
BHPian

Mitsubishi Evo is a performance car

If they are able to get more numbers & there is a major probability that the evo production is done is india reducing cost.

Thanks
Old 18th June 2010, 19:33   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
What a waste of money! 50L for a Mitsubishi!! There are so many better options in the market. You can get a German luxury performance sedan at this price.

The evo (33500 appx) is priced marginally higher than bmw 328i (33100 appx) in USA too - so its justified to be priced higher in India. But 50L is way too high. Something in the range of 25L (as the 320D corp ed retails for around that price) and they would be selling like hot cakes.
Old 18th June 2010, 22:07   #290
Senior - BHPian

In india,above the 25lakh mark the consumer looks at only the badge,the snob value,the features offered with a competent and good engine.A very thin slice is made up of real enthusiasts who buy larger displacements variants of a particular model.

So do u really think even at 25 lakhs mitsu has a chance.I say no way.Its a amazing car but not many people know it and not many care.And many would baulk before putting on 25 big ones for a mitsu "lancer".

I guessing monthly sales of not more than 10.
Old 18th June 2010, 22:49   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
In india,above the 25lakh mark the consumer looks at only the badge,the snob value,the features offered with a competent and good engine.A very thin slice is made up of real enthusiasts who buy larger displacements variants of a particular model.

So do u really think even at 25 lakhs mitsu has a chance.I say no way.Its a amazing car but not many people know it and not many care.And many would baulk before putting on 25 big ones for a mitsu "lancer".

You are right. In a country, where sedan means Indigos and Dzires, what chance does an enthusiasts' car has.
Old 18th June 2010, 22:57   #292
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
You are right. In a country, where sedan means Indigos and Dzires, what chance does an enthusiasts' car has.
The sales will definitely not be in 100s. But one must keep in mind that this car is purely an enthusiasts car. For those who want it and can afford it, they wouldn't give the price list a second glance. I don't think they'd give a hoot to the after sales & service either! And must I remind you, if people can spend 80 lakhs on a BMW Z4 (it sells faster than the imported bread in the Cafe down-town) then I'm sure people will buy the Evo X.
Old 18th June 2010, 23:12   #293
Senior - BHPian

I think Mitsu should play the big bro-small bro game. Advertise the capabilites of the Evo X and sell the new lancer as an affordable version of big bro.
Old 19th June 2010, 09:54   #294
BHPian

You can get more powerful cars for the money but not a car that's anywhere near as good a driver's car as the EVO X.

With that said, for the average luxury buyer there is nothing much to be excited about. Strictly average space, unexciting and bland interiors, an equipment list that compares more with the Laura than the 5 series, harsh ride, relatively small boot. And no "luxury" features of any sort.

If we look at it from an enthusiasts perspective this car does make some sense even with its inflated price tag, its better to drive than any other car you could get for that money ( and even more perhaps). Its better than even the Z4 and the Audi TT around the bends and even in a straight line!!!!

So yes, it will find a market for itself, however small it might be.

Personally, like a lot of other members I wanted to own this car. But now, Do I want to buy this car at the price its coming?

I think ill pass

To me it just doesn't justify the 50 lacs + price tag, no matter how fast it will go around the twisties.
Old 19th June 2010, 10:33   #295
BHPian

Guys, check this out!

Old 19th June 2010, 10:57   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I think Mitsu should play the big bro-small bro game. Advertise the capabilites of the Evo X and sell the new lancer as an affordable version of big bro.
This may sound similar to Yamaha (R15 & Fz/Fzs/Fazer), but, in real an effective strategy to pull buyers to the showroom. At least there would be more Lancers on road (it is a vary good car, infact).
Old 19th June 2010, 13:46   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, indeed. Remember back in 80s when Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki launched their CD100, RX100, AX 100 and RTZ 100 in India through their Indian collaborations? In those days when you walked into their showrooms, their walls were adorned with posters of their superbikes viz. CBRs, GSXs, FZRs and Ninjas respectively. May be their trick worked. But, I for one, felt yuckish to look at those tiny 100ccs after looking at posters of those stunning beauties.
Old 19th June 2010, 13:55   #298
Senior - BHPian

Even God does not know when and if HM is going to launch the Evo X (or the Lancer X for that matter).

At the Lancer A.S.S. (ASC), I was told today that Evo launch is postponed since price is coming out too high. Pajero Sport (2-door with Euro IV engine) and Lancer X will be the next launches - tentatively October. But then, the usual disclaimer was also thrown in ...
Old 20th June 2010, 10:26   #299
BHPian

Guys, the EVO X will be launched next month!!! July 2010

And during the OVERDRIVE test at coimbatore, they were seeing the fuel efficiency figures hover around 2-3 kmpl
Old 20th June 2010, 11:29   #300
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
The evo (33500 appx) is priced marginally higher than bmw 328i (33100 appx) in USA too - so its justified to be priced higher in India. But 50L is way too high. Something in the range of 25L (as the 320D corp ed retails for around that price) and they would be selling like hot cakes.
Checked out the USA website.
Top of the range Evo X (MR touring) costs indian equivalent of 20 lakhs.
Usually price of CBUs comes to roughly twice the USA price. So, somewhere in the region of 40 lakhs. Mind you, we might be geting the MR and not MR touring.
So, I think 40 lakhs is reasonable, but above that, i doubt. and 50 L is way too much.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks