Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which MJD powered Vehicle?
Indica Vista Quadrajet 204 36.96%
Palio MJD 135 24.46%
Swift VDi DDiS 197 35.69%
Other ( Fiat 500/splash/chevrolet etc ) 16 2.90%
Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2009, 13:39   #226
BHPian

Vista for me! I find Swift quite cramped. Vista is much more spacious and comfortable. That matters to me as I do take long drives often and have 4-5 adults seating in my car.
Old 7th April 2009, 13:42   #227
BHPian

Fiat gives amazing driving experience. I drove my friends and the experience is awesome. A.S.S is bit problematic but now a days with TATA-FIAT combo it has improved tremendously
Old 7th April 2009, 14:25   #228
BHPian

We have been evaluating a hatch back for one of my friends. Along with these MJT options we also considered UVA, I10, I20, Getz and Fabia. after all the consideration, including running cost, look and feel, fit and finish and overall value for money options, my friend settled for i10 kappa.
Old 7th April 2009, 14:43   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Its rather Swift which is the clear winner.
1)Proven engine from Fiat tuned for better performance than Indica
And exactly how is it better than Vista? FE is almost similar,torque is better in Vista.
2)Great styling
Subjective. Many find Vista better,many swift.
3)Leagues ahead in terms of handling
Maybe or maybe not,depends on whose driving. Also ride quality is far better in Vista.
4)And tata is no match for maruti's service
That was in stone age and not now.
5)Better Interiors
In what way if i may ask? Most people feel Vista has better interiors.
6)Better Image
Again in what way? Has Maruti build a NANO and is famous worldover right now?
7)Better Equipment
You must be talking about the Lumber support or additional trays in the passenger seat found in swift right. Or maybe the tilt steering and seat adjustments. Ya Vista is under equipped surely then.
8)Better Resale
No idea about this but maybe Swift is ahead in this.
9)Positive Gearshifts
I didnt found any problem in Vista's gearshifting.
10)And jap reliability that tata can just dream of
And what kind of Jap reliability are you talking about here? How much it is jap anyways.

My Answers mentioned in the bold.
I got many more points for the comparison like leg room, interior space but right now these are enough.

Last edited by harry10 : 7th April 2009 at 14:45.
Old 7th April 2009, 15:05   #230
BHPian

I agree with harry10. in addition to that vista is more comfortable. and hell swift is a rattleking
Old 7th April 2009, 15:18   #231
BHPian

My vote goes to the Palio MJD.
Old 7th April 2009, 19:18   #232
BHPian

i voted palio...

2nd pref would be vista...

3rd would be the chevy...

palio
+ ride quality
+ built like a tank (you'd do lesser damage without ABS in a palio than with ABS in a swift)
+ better corners (i'm not sure if this is technically measurable, but i've driven them both quite hard (petrol variants) and found the palio to give more confidence when doing corners
+ they (fiat) also make ferraris & maseratis
- plastics are terrible - feels like an auto designer did the plastics
- tata service (though i've found green tracks, who are very good)
- parts are ridiculously expensive (compared to maruti) - but then again its more expensive cause it's more solid, reliable & all imported from italy or brazil (not judging quality because of import tag)
- a pain in the but+ to pimp it up

vista
+ doesn't feel like a tata
+ doesn't feel like an indica
+ doesn't feel like a cab (if people stop you on the road, give them a ride so they wont ever flag an indica - unless its a vista)
+ plastics look better than the palio's & most other cars
+ only car that looks better in its later avatars (unlike palio, ohc, zen...)
+ they (tata) also make jaguars & land rovers
- rear ride (stil a bit bumpy, i think)
- tata service
-

swift
+ excellent interiors
+ has the fiat engine
+ maruti guys bend over backwards in the name of a** (really, they do!)
+ they (suzuki) make hayabusas
- tinny
- not very confidence inspiring corners
- almost everyone's got one
- looks like a frog trying to imitate a mini

Palio, Vista & Swift owners & fans, please dont take offense to any of the -ves i've mentioned - they are just my opinions and can be quite wrong!
Old 7th April 2009, 22:56   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
hey, any vote in this thread is a vote in favour of a fiat engine

Very good point. Makes me wonder how would the unrestricted Tata 1.4 Dicor perform on the Vista. But looks like we will not know that for some reasons best known to the product planners.
Old 8th April 2009, 06:38   #234
Senior - BHPian

hey, the 1.4 dicor is supposed to be there in the vista sedan. lets see
Old 8th April 2009, 16:32   #235
Senior - BHPian

Hi Dilip,

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Going by the advice of majority in this forum,and my previous experience of owning an Indica, last month I went for a slightly used red VDI.(4 month old,6400 clicks in the ODO).I was very happy that I chose this. But now going by the change in attitude of majority I am confused.Now everyone is hailing vista qjet as the better one in this comparison. why guys...you did this to me
Dilip Kumar
Opinions would vary. After all it is opinion from others. The ultimate decision is made by you. You have already chosen.

What would be your advise for somebody else with the same query?
Old 8th April 2009, 16:54   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
hey, the 1.4 dicor is supposed to be there in the vista sedan. lets see
here's more from sidindica

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
the varients:(once again-only indicative information, subject to change).so don't blame me if the information given MAY not match partially when the final product is launched).

diesel-

v1 and v2-dicor engine from xl with 75 bhp
v3 and v4-qjd engine with VGT and 86 ps

names of the versions not yet finalised.
Old 9th April 2009, 06:59   #237
BHPian

I haven't driven the swift. I was impressed by the Vista during test drive. I however opted for the Palio MJD because the width of the Vista would make my job of parking it in my allotted garage space in our apartment very uncomfortable. The plus points of the Palio are well known to the readers of this forum. Where I think Vista scores over Palio are

1. Lower NVH inside. In fact while starting the engine for TD I thought ignition did not take place and was about to re-crank.

2. Better interior.

3. More number of original fitments in every comparable trim level.
Old 4th May 2009, 15:46   #238
BHPian

Two days: A day before yesterday I was behind wheels in Vista and Yesterday I was driving a Swift. I will try explain what I observed in these two days.

Starting with when I opened a door and got into the car and closed a door. Swift gives very good and very rich door close thud sound which feels good to ears. Gives certificate of build quality. In case of vista it is good but not upto close to swift.

Now I am on drivers seat. Vista has good interiors feels good for some days. But swift black theme is really good. This taste might change person to person. I found Swift black good because I love black color.

Now Sitting comfort. Oh Man Vista owns here. Swift is quite comfortable too but Vista is marginally good. Vista has better ergonomics like access to gear, access to handbrake. And lumbar support is really good. Gear knob is good in Vista.

Now I started the engine. I found no difference in Engine sound inside cabin. Now car starts moving. Swift is more responsive than Vista in first three gears but in fourth and fifth gear Vista feels good. Vista third gear is really good, handles very long range. In case of swift I had to keep switching between second and third.

Now I am close to 120KMPH. On Curves Swift is king, accurate turns, never feels that car will understeer or oversteer. Vista needs littlebit attention in that. But can do with current setup with some driving practice. Now speed is increasing to 140KMPH and road is straight. Swift lost its confidence at this speed. Ride was too bumpy on a cement road. Co Passengers were feeling very uncomfortable because off car body was following road profiles perfectely I mean ups and downs; so theoretically I should not dare to go ahead of this. But I stopped speeding ahead 145kmph. Now turn of Vista. litterally gliding on road. Body was perfectely stable. Passenger were looking confident. Only wheels were following road profile. Body was gliding in air. I could touch 157+KMPH in Vista. Then I stopped speeding ahead of this came back to average speed of 120 to 140KMPH. Vista is king of high speed.

Now I shifted back to rear seats handing over car to friend. Vista, enormouse space. Feel like king or feel like god in rear seats. No match for this space and comfort in Hatchbacks. Swift really sucks over here. Swift rear seats are made for making kids comfortable not for adults. And swift has very bumpy ride. Especially on cement roads rear passenger feels very uncomfortable because of fast ups and downs. Vista swallowa all such things in its path.

FOr other cases I feel Swift looks good and obeys drivers order perfectely. Vista is good and tries to keep all passengers happy. Now Swift owner will say swift is better and Vista owner will say Vista is better.

Oh I forgot to tell you that, I personally owns Vista Aura Quadrajet and found it is better option over swift. I like Swift in looks and brand name and Vista in case of overall comfort, total VFM and completer car for happy family.
Old 7th May 2009, 21:22   #239
Senior - BHPian

very good unbiased writing. Look forward to more such opinions. The swift is good for short distace thrills while the vista is a comfortable "car". Thats what i felt.
Old 7th May 2009, 21:39   #240
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Oh I forgot to tell you that, I personally owns Vista Aura Quadrajet and found it is better option over swift.
This was not something to be forgotten in the first place! Nice comparison though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks