Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2009, 08:50   #571
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theyota
Harish,
Have you contacted the trade unions of Skoda and VW? Skoda has OS KOVO as trade union and VW has IG Metall.

Lets take this game of gilli-danda to their turf. its about time they closed your case.

Hey thanks Theyota. How would that help?
The trade unions or worker councils in both these companies are extremely strong. They are always in look out for tools to negotiate with management. They bring up random, totally unconnected management misdeeds when negotiating with the management for any of their own demands. Your case is a good tool for them.

If by a rarest of rare chances they raise your issue, I am sure it is going to be resolved from top-down approach. Make sure you stress how German workers are the greatest (they like to hear that) when you write to them.

I am not suggesting you to waste a lot of time on this. I would just forward a past copy of your e-mail to VW and the inconsiderate response of VW or Skoda to you.
Old 15th April 2009, 16:02   #572
BHPian

loss of revenue statistic

I read through the thread and found around 30-40 people who have backed away from buying a skoda after reading this thread. my wife was keen on skoda and I was considering ANHC, but after showing this thread to my wife, the decision is a no brainer. especially the part where a skoda customer's wife was intimidated... that pulled the plug.

can we come up with a running statistic survey of exactly how much skoda lost this last month? for example, I was in the market for fabia (inspite of being overpriced) but am backing away from the purchase. that's a revenue loss of 8+ Lakhs. similarly if somebody changes his mind from buying a 12L skoda, it becomes a 20L loss of revenue. and so on.

this will show skoda how much they are losing every day by keeping this issue open and not settling with harishv.
Old 16th April 2009, 11:24   #573
BHPian

pachchu
Its not about just skoda settling with Harish and the issue will be resolved. Its not about just one person. Its about the overall A.S.S problem of skoda. Till the issue of expensive spares, service and the general attitude of skoda towards customers changes, I dont see why anyone would want to buy a skoda.
Old 16th April 2009, 21:07   #574
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu View Post
can we come up with a running statistic survey of exactly how much skoda lost this last month?.
I doubt the utility of this. After all, there are agencies which monitor vehicle sales, and statistics will be published in due time. Moreover, in an economic downturn, this thread may not be the lone reason for people not buying a new car (let alone a Skoda).

I have serious doubts about people coming here and saying "I did not buy Skoda because of this thread" or "somebody I know has been successfully turned back from buying a Skoda by pointing him/her to this thread". For one, we have no clue about their intentions of buying a car; and we have no clue about if they are real persons or mere skoda front men trying to "establish" "damage" to Skoda's reputation caused by this thread.
Old 17th April 2009, 10:48   #575
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Its not about just skoda settling with Harish and the issue will be resolved. Its not about just one person. Its about the overall A.S.S problem of skoda.
Said it like it is! Well-put. I cannot elaborate further at this point, yet will say that the process of formally communicating this to Skoda India has begun. Team-BHP intends to bring Skoda's immediate attention to their appaling (and lack of) customer service standards, shrugging off their responsibility from errant dealerships, exhorbitantly priced maintenance , across the board malpractices and the resultant discontent amongst a majority of Skoda owners.

Butttttttttttttttttttt what really matters is how they work out a solution to this problem (if at all). It's not like their customer service departments are oblivious to problems, it is a matter of coming up with concrete solutions. I will update with details in due time. Over to you, Skoda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Moreover, in an economic downturn, this thread may not be the lone reason for people not buying a new car (let alone a Skoda).
The numbers one should look for is market-share, and how the segment has grown. Skoda's market share is tumbling, its based on pure statistics. Look up the Indian sales figures thread. It's not only Team-BHP talking about their miserable after-sales....it is the word on the street.

Quote:
I have serious doubts about people coming here and saying "I did not buy Skoda because of this thread" or "somebody I know has been successfully turned back from buying a Skoda by pointing him/her to this thread".
Team-BHP has been home to 624,000 unique visitors in the past 30 days alone. You will understand that this number is larger than any single automotive publication. Further, we need to realise that people come to us looking for information, 9 times out of 10 for automotive reviews / testdrives / advice / problem solutions etc.

Team-BHP is a consumer (customer) - driven forum. We will applaud those organisations that take care of their customers just as we will publicise the errant ones. Such a sensitive matter has far reaching consequences, especially in the long-term perspective. Understandably, no one can put an exact number to it, but Skoda has lost a lot of fans & potential customers due to their mismanagement of aftersales & harish's entire ordeal.
Old 18th April 2009, 01:02   #576
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I doubt the utility of this.
All you need is a comparitive study on growth (or lack thereof) Skoda car sales vs Hyundai / Toyota / Honda.
Old 18th April 2009, 02:27   #577
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to ask a dumb question this late, but what did/does Nummer Eins do with the used genuine parts taken from a customer car? Whats their M.O?
Old 18th April 2009, 02:40   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Sorry to ask a dumb question this late, but what did/does Nummer Eins do with the used genuine parts taken from a customer car? Whats their M.O?
Thats rather an intersting quetion. IMHO, any of these (or all) may be their modus operandi:

1) Use them for other cars, thus they not only source the parts for free (by stealing/pilfering) but then they charge the other customer for those parts as well.

2)They may sell it to non-authorized service centres as well, because its hard to source genuine skoda spares for the non-authorized centres. However, this seems less likely than former.

3)Now this one is entirely stupid, but then we are talking about Skoda people so let me share it,
Collect the pilfered spares, send it skoda,aurangabad. Et voila! New skoda vehicle produced with mechanicals pilfered from older cars.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 18th April 2009 at 02:41. Reason: mistype
Old 18th April 2009, 07:07   #579
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
1) Use them for other cars, thus they not only source the parts for free (by stealing/pilfering) but then they charge the other customer for those parts as well.
Double whammy!!!

Quote:
2)They may sell it to non-authorized service centres as well, because its hard to source genuine skoda spares for the non-authorized centres. However, this seems less likely than former.
Why [w/s]hould a non-authorised workshop pay for used parts?

Quote:
3)Now this one is entirely stupid, but then we are talking about Skoda people so let me share it, Collect the pilfered spares, send it skoda,aurangabad. Et voila! New skoda vehicle produced with mechanicals pilfered from older cars.
Wow!!! But seems too far fetched.
Old 21st April 2009, 01:49   #580
BHPian

wow just read all 39 pages - was hoping things would have settled and skoda learnt their lesson by page 39, but doesn't seem like.

@harishv - kudos to you man - hope you and other skoda customers get justice soon!!

I am going to ensure no one I know buys a skoda for a long long time!
Old 21st April 2009, 13:47   #581
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Jassi, Its sad that after all this Skoda has not returned his car and are holding it to ransom.

What can we actually do as a community to break the stubborn camel's back.
Old 21st April 2009, 14:13   #582
BHPian

@ Harish - Have skoda got back to you on this issue? I mean recently
Old 21st April 2009, 14:21   #583
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Collect the pilfered spares, send it skoda,aurangabad. Et voila! New skoda vehicle produced with mechanicals pilfered from older cars.
Hahaha. Hats off to that YC BALENO!
Old 21st April 2009, 14:48   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Hahaha. Hats off to that YC BALENO!
No sir, truly speaking, Hats off to you, that you portrayed courage and took a risk by giving your skoda to the authorized service centre (autobahn) despite of knowing about their malpractices, just to update us all here about whether or not the things have changed at skoda after all this negative publicity it has been getting. I am sure, now that we all know the plight of many unfortunate skoda owners, you must have thought alot before going ahead with it.

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 21st April 2009 at 14:52.
Old 21st April 2009, 15:06   #585
evo
BHPian

Quote:
No sir, truly speaking, Hats off to you, that you portrayed courage and took a risk by giving your skoda to the authorized service centre (autobahn)
Regards.
YC, your confusing me and Navin. It was Navin who went to autobahn.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks