Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2009, 23:15   #601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Today, the Hon. State Forum set aside the order of the Hon. District Forum citing a technicality.

However, it directed the Hon. District Forum to dispose off the case within 90 days.

Skoda lawyer filed an application to restrict me from speaking about the issue. The Hon. State Forum refused to entertain the application.

There was no representation from Nummer Eins and JMD Auto. No lawyers, no representative.

I continue to pay the EMI of Rs. 21,299/- for keeping my car in Skoda custody for the 14th month.
thats ridiculous. in what sense does the district forum want to dispose off the case? i dint get this point. will this benefit you?

is there was no lawyer from their side this means the opposite party did not turn out on the date of the hearing. so this should be positive point for u.
Old 28th April 2009, 00:07   #602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
@harishv, can you be bothered with typing out the full text of the decision and post it here?

Edit:- you may now want to amend the complaint asking for compensation, EMIs and alternative transport for the duration the car has been detained. Plus depreciation for the period. Talk to your lawyer about this.
Hope we are not confusing Harish further
BSD, Looks like you should be his lawyer.
Old 28th April 2009, 00:21   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj1008 View Post
Harishv, I might be wrong but if the skoda reps dont show up a few times isnt the judgement passed ex parte (and usually in your favour) ?
Raj - Skoda lawyer is always around. The dealer's are missing.

Quote:
@harishv, can you be bothered with typing out the full text of the decision and post it here?
BaCk - Will do as soon as I have the copy of the order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
thats ridiculous. in what sense does the district forum want to dispose off the case? i dint get this point. will this benefit you?

is there was no lawyer from their side this means the opposite party did not turn out on the date of the hearing. so this should be positive point for u.
amit - Dispose off the case is to my advantage. It means to expedite.

Skoda lawyer is always around. The main crooked dealer is pretty casual and cares a damn. The other dealer JMD is actually a technical opponent.
Old 28th April 2009, 00:24   #604
BHPian

Quote:
(LFAP looks down - he has to appear for another delinquent party in another case on another day, and if he refuses, this "offer", the his other case is going to be rejected).
Brilliant BSD brilliant. Couldn't have analyzed it better.
Old 28th April 2009, 11:39   #605
BHPian

Pathetic attitude continues from skoda. All that meeting + big talk was just hogwash.

skoda should hang its head in shame.
Old 28th April 2009, 15:55   #606
BHPian

Harish,

Glad such stories are coming out and hats off to your perservance. I remember the plight of Mr Suhas and how eventually he won the case against Metro in consumer court

Mods,

after reading through, I am thinking if it is not appropriate we change the image of the car in our banner to a non skoda one?
Old 28th April 2009, 20:51   #607
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Harish, in a way I am glad that this rotten car has not been returned to you. If I was in your place, I would never accept it.

We are right here with you and will fight till the very end. Justice WILL be served.
Old 28th April 2009, 22:47   #608
Team-BHP Support

Right Said. Harish cant accept a car that has been idle for over 14 months. Lord alone knows what the condition of the car is now.
Old 28th April 2009, 23:08   #609
BHPian

This is totally awfull stuff from Skoda. Sorry for taking this slightly off topic but In such cases How do you know who to trust. This can even be done by my Hyundai Dealer and 90% of the time I wont even be in a position to know what they have done? Can somebody suggest what can be done to avoid these things?
Old 1st May 2009, 19:46   #610
BHPian

I too was planning to buy a Skoda but after reading this post, no way am I going to go for one.

For people like me my vehicle is more like my love! And with love that aweful, who wants it anyway!
Old 3rd May 2009, 18:14   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Harish, in a way I am glad that this rotten car has not been returned to you. If I was in your place, I would never accept it.

We are right here with you and will fight till the very end. Justice WILL be served.
I agree. The car must have been ruined by now. Thanks GTO.
Old 3rd May 2009, 19:34   #612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, I wont be surprised if the car would have been put to use all this while. Its still with the service centre guys i guess, is not it?
Old 4th May 2009, 11:32   #613
BHPian

I really appreciate Harish. Principally he is absolutely correct. On commercial grounds, I think he may end up losing it. As he already ended up burning bridges with Skoda, it will be difficult to get better service from Skoda dealers in future. I am talking in terms of servicing of car etc. Since Skoda is not Maruti, one may not get it serviced next door service center like Maruti, TATA. If he wants to sell the car in near future, it may not be simple sale. After big fight with Skoda, when he will receive car, I worry about overall quality, condition of it. The consumer forums may give nominal amount for all pain caused by Skoda to Harish.The overall return on investment is more pain than happiness.
It's easy to say, we are with you, but commercially, mentally it costs a lot to owner and his family. Our system will not give something "completely new car" + 1 Million Rs to Harish like US system.
I have repeatedly seen people blindly support brands like Skoda, Honda. They even fight with each other to support their statements. The bottom line is these brands are not really great, they are busy providing bad service,poor treatment, old/ downgraded products and all for more money than they get paid in their home market. Skoda, Honda, Toyota, Suzuki all charge more in Indian market than US, Europe, Japan market with degraded products (calling customized for India).
Don't take me wrong.

Last edited by mrkanitkar : 4th May 2009 at 11:35.
Old 4th May 2009, 14:07   #614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yeah harshiv, only god and skoda dealer knows what the car must have been till now, keep on your spirits buddy.!!
Old 4th May 2009, 17:37   #615
BHPian

Hi Harishv,

Agreed that the court has delivered its verdict, however what about the state the car is in? Has your lawyer raised the demand for the same or are you asking for a brand new car/compensation for the price of a brand new car ?

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks