4.50 - 4.9x 57 49.57%
5.00 + 11 9.57%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2005, 14:28   #61
Senior - BHPian

I think interiors will remain the same except for those colors, buttons on the Stering wheel, climate control air-con and the Auto.
And yes ,the CD player is a part of standard equipment in the top end variant . dont know whether it plays MP3 ?

For it to sell like hot cakes , it ws to be priced well.
But knowing Maruti, I doubt it will be any cheaper than the GETZ.

Last edited by dipen : 7th May 2005 at 14:30.
Old 7th May 2005, 18:45   #62
Senior - BHPian

well, the palio weighing 1015 kg (1.2, the 1.6 weighs 1080) doesn't look like a good handler on paper, but in actual driving conditions, it's pretty good, and given the proper mods, can handle better than some rally-spec sedans... so, i think it's a little early to judge... maybe the stiffer suspension setup for india will do the trick...

and also, the baleno weighs in at 985 kg; and the 94 bhp seems to propel it fast enough..so guess another 15 kg won't hurt much..

the swift that all the auto-mags have driven are european-spec, and the suspension setup there is extremely different, considering the silky smooth roads of singapore and europe...

and also, maruti is pegging the sales of swift at 4000 units+ per month, so , expect the top end variant to be priced below 4.90 on-road, definitively.

Mr. jagdish khattar, the man behind the steering of maruti, has been appointed to continue his term for another three years, and he has said in an interview that they will try to market the swift aggressively; and it might conflict with the sales of the zen and wagon-r ( pricewise, i guess; now, your guess is as good as mine), so they are planning a price slash for both the models soon. which means, that the swift should be priced competitively enough....
Old 7th May 2005, 18:51   #63
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

and also, the baleno weighs in at 985 kg; and the 94 bhp seems to propel it fast enough..so guess another 15 kg won't hurt much..
The Baleno weighs 975, not 985 kg. And I expect the Swift to tip the scales at 1050 with the 1.6 engine.

GTO
Old 7th May 2005, 19:02   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
The Baleno weighs 975, not 985 kg. And I expect the Swift to tip the scales at 1050 with the 1.6 engine.

GTO

oops..!! my bad...!! sorry GTO, it was a typo.. i meant 975. and yes, the weight of the 1.6 modded swift might push at about 1050, but still, it will have excellent performance nevertheless....
Old 7th May 2005, 19:25   #65
Senior - BHPian

On second thoughts, if Suzuki launches a Swift 1.6 sedan with a stretched wheelbase, there would be no reason for the Baleno to exist. (the sedan would go head to head with the City)
Old 7th May 2005, 22:12   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from the Admin : Its a request to stop making every thread a "What Car" thread. If you have questions about buying yet another car, do use the specific forum
Old 8th May 2005, 14:36   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
On second thoughts, if Suzuki launches a Swift 1.6 sedan with a stretched wheelbase, there would be no reason for the Baleno to exist. (the sedan would go head to head with the City)

that's so true..!!! and it also kinda takes the point off of the idea of a "hot hatch", that will be equally at home in the city, as well as rallying down the himalayas.....

and guess what guys, a new development has come to my attention.... it seems maruti will be launching the swift in mumbai by the 19th. the dates have been confirmed by my sources at the sai dealers... so i guess the delivery of the first swift will probably be by the end of may.

the guys are still remaining mum about the price, but they've confirmed that the prices will remain in the range of market expectations, and the auto-mags's speculations..... so my vote for the 4.25 (bottom-end model) to 4.6-4.7 (top end) range could pretty much be the closest guess.....yet.....
Old 8th May 2005, 17:45   #68

The swift is one hell of a hatchback but the indian version should be expected to be a scaled down one as compared to the one in the foriegn markets. The question however is will it sell? the Getz has created a new class of premium hatchbacks,in which the swift will be slotted. the hyundai after generating some interest in the beginning has failed to sell in large numbers. for the swift to sell in some numbers it will have to be very competetively priced
Old 11th May 2005, 13:07   #69
BHPian

Finally...

Finally!!! Let me kill the curiosity... Here you go....

http://www.marutiswift.com
Old 12th May 2005, 12:56   #70

I have to admit....this is one helluva site....easily the best auto site i have ever visited....easy to navigate and all aspects very systematically placed....a pleasure to surf thru this one...
Old 12th May 2005, 13:04   #71
Senior - BHPian

just heard from someone very reliable that the price has would be around 5.40lacs for the high end and around 4.6lacs on road in mumbai for the base.
Old 12th May 2005, 16:16   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
just heard from someone very reliable that the price has would be around 5.40lacs for the high end and around 4.6lacs on road in mumbai for the base.

ummm..i doubt that, speedsatya.... besides, maruti wouldn't dare sell the swift at a premium over the esteem... that would really cut the cake with the customers... and not to mention their tempers...

and also, people would definitely take a second thought before buying the swift if it's priced more than the esteem... remember, the former is a hatch, as compared to the latter- besides, maruti won't be able to garner their targeted sales of 5000 units a month at that price....

and guys, the official specs of the swift is out- the company claims a power output of 87 bhp- 2 bhp more than the esteem. it also employs the distributorless ignition system from the baleno. the torque is up too, now the 1.3 litre mill produces 113 nm of torque.

and as for the pricing..... well, i sincerely hope it doesn't go above 5.0 on-road mumbai- maruti would definitely lose the plot then, and would have to slash the prices later....
Old 12th May 2005, 16:27   #73
Team-BHP Support

[quote=veyron1]ummm..i doubt that, speedsatya.... besides, maruti wouldn't dare sell the swift at a premium over the esteem... that would really cut the cake with the customers... and not to mention their tempers...
QUOTE]

Precisely, when the Zen first came out, people went and bought a Maruti 1000 as it was better value
Old 12th May 2005, 19:26   #74
Senior - BHPian

I basically think that the Swift should have been brought earlier to India but of late Maruti seems to be a follower rather than a trend setter. Doesn't seem to be doing their bottom lines any harm though.

I went through the site. Whatever pics there look great. Though looks like there's gonna be more than a fair share of blind spots what with those thick C pillars. No engine specs there though. However the proof of the pudding is in the eating so i'll reserve my final verdict till I get to drive one. All in all I think Maruti has a winner if they position it properly. An idea of the CRDi version with the multijet engine that Suzuki and Fiat are collaborating on?

- Shibu.
Old 12th May 2005, 20:50   #75
BANNED

Went to dealer to enquire about Suzuki Swift.. its expected to be around Rs. 5 lac to Rs. 5.5 lakh on road..

here is what he showed me

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks