Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2005, 15:13   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Tell them that you'll go to consumer court against both.
Thanks for the idea. This is what I going to tell Maruti. Let me see how this goes.
Old 13th July 2005, 15:40   #92
BHPian

Try this

Hey Surprise,

I you wanna kick some serious a**, register your complaint on http://www.core.nic.in/ (They have a TF number on the website).

I am absolutely certain that Maruti will cover this under warranty otherwise :WTF: is the point of a warranty!
Pray revert with findings as I too drive a Swift with "Guardian" Protection fitted (Hope the Autocop did not null the warranty!)

Cheers
Old 14th July 2005, 00:45   #93
BHPian

Just went last week to Maruti showroom in Navi Mumbai. The guy there is claiming 5 month for Vxi and 6 months for Zxi.
I would rather wait and l;ook at the scene after six months then plonking down 50K.
By the way. What about discounts on Getz. Are they still 15 K or now reduced as sales have increased
Old 14th July 2005, 01:17   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have absolutely no intention to start another anti/pro Fiat flame war here, but going by experiences of few Maruti and Hyundai customers here, I would say Fiat A/S/S, at least in Pune, is far ahead (should I say lightyears? ) than others. At least, they rectify any problems without hassle and provide courteous service, call up once in a month to check if eveything is going fine and let me know about any updates with newer variants. Anyway, I am sure there must have been worse stories of Fiat A/S/S, but I thought I would share my experience here.

Coming back to the topic, there was certain hype surrounding Getz when it was launched, which eventually died down. Same thing is going to happen with Swift and it would stabilize over period of next 6-8months. And did someone say about 25000 bookings? When Indica was launched few years back, it surely exceeded even that number.
If you are talking about Ashwmedh / Meghdoot (forget the name now) auto...I perfetly agree....they are the BEST fiat dealers that I have seen...Have used their service once while doing a Mahabaleshwar hyd trip....very courteous and VERY good111
Old 14th July 2005, 10:57   #95
BHPian

there were a few glitches on my swift and i took it to the workshop where i was told there are no spares so i was asked to go to the showroom where the parts were taken of one of the stock cars and replaced in my car
Old 14th July 2005, 23:32   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnuts
i had the same problem with my swift zxi; took it back to the dealer after delivery to get it fixed; still looks fragile; but the car is superb!! i don't mind overlooking the minor flaws 'cause it gives me a dream ride
I agree with carnuts. My Wagon-R's power window console cracked recently and had to get it replaced. It is one flimsy part. Unlike the Zen which is made of better quality material. The guys at Spectra did everything as usual to make sure i don't claim it under warranty. A bit of smooth-talking and arm-twisting later, they changed it.

Revv
Old 18th July 2005, 19:19   #97
Senior - BHPian

The maruti has accepted to replace the unit to make the rear right door open under the warranty & even they have accpeted to airlift the same from their HO to minimize the time frame. As said, I got a call from Maruti requesting me the send the car to get it right. Tomorrow Iam sending my car to get it fixed.
Old 18th July 2005, 19:49   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
The maruti has accepted to replace the unit to make the rear right door open under the warranty & even they have accpeted to airlift the same from their HO to minimize the time frame. As said, I got a call from Maruti requesting me the send the car to get it right. Tomorrow Iam sending my car to get it fixed.
So which trick worked for you, finally?
Old 18th July 2005, 19:55   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So which trick worked for you, finally?

The car was purchased in my Company's name. I called both Maruti Sales and Service guys to give them an (false) hint that my Company wants this to get handled by the legal department, if replacement does not cover under the warranty. During the conversation they never showed any reactions and said they will get back to me. Later they confirmed that they will replace it under warranty.

Thanks for you to get me that idea.
Old 7th August 2005, 20:38   #100
snoopy41

i think it speaks volumes for our tolerance levels as indians that when Maruti after 21 years finally comes out with a contemporary product,it resorts to the same old game of restraining production and delivery so as to create an artificial shortage after gauging that the demand is enough to open the doors for banks and financiers to make a hefty profit by charging ON MONEY for a ready delivery,,guess im still not ready for a maruti product yet,,the Fiat palio 1.6 2002 model for about 2 lakhs would be a much better bet and the interest easrned on the approx 3 lakhs that i save can be spent on FUEL?SERVICE

Old 8th August 2005, 00:26   #101
Senior - BHPian

also...you can spend some of it on Saridon...yu will need it with Fiat A/S./S being what it is
Old 8th August 2005, 00:39   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
also...you can spend some of it on Saridon...yu will need it with Fiat A/S./S being what it is
the experiences are not the same for every owner.....and moreover..maruti A S S is no more such a big thing...it is the roadside garage which contributes to maruti' "A S S"...not the auth. service centres....they dont sound as hospitable as other firm centres,..like honda.... and moreover, the iinitial purchase experience can also be a bit dry at times.......

Quote:
If you are talking about Ashwmedh / Meghdoot (forget the name now) auto...I perfetly agree....they are the BEST fiat dealers that I have seen...Have used their service once while doing a Mahabaleshwar hyd trip....very courteous and VERY good
please dont mind, but you have contradicted your own statement in a fresh post

P.S: I am NOT taking fiat' name here

Last edited by BuRnT RuBbEr : 8th August 2005 at 00:46.
Old 8th August 2005, 01:48   #103
BHPian

What I think is ...Firstly the majority of people who buy cars think somewhat differently then what an average BHP-ian thinks ....they dont make decision on the specs, back seat comfort, ergonimics , aesthetics etc ... its just ' the most practical buy' for them them and they go with the market sentiment and there own 'intuition' ...there buying is not a personal decision but highly influenced by budget and needs ...

As said before , Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder ... and in my eyes ..I dont carry any impression of beauty for the Swift ... I test drove it for more than 20 KM's ..over bad roads, city traffic and also through a good mini-highway sort of road till ..touched about 130 KMPH ...seemed good ..althought the power steering did not enthuse much confidence ...

I dont want to get into 'techincal' stuff ... but when I first saw it in person I really liked it , but now that I have seen it more , I would disagreed with the fact that ' first impression is your best and last impression ' ...

I personally would never buy a Swift just because of the looks ... I know I may be in a minority here ....but thats the way I feel ... If the Mini Cooper was the inspiration for the Swift ..I think it has somewhat failed and somewhat successed ...

All said and done ... I am glad that the new Safari is here ....
Old 9th August 2005, 12:40   #104
Senior - BHPian

Burnt rubber,
Exceptions prove the rule here...I have used three Fiat dealers and only one of them has been good...the other two provide you with hair raising experiences...If you like..you can go through the rest of my posts where I have shared my fiat experiences...

not hear to contradict buddy...but to share the facts that I have experienced....
..if that means acknowledging someone was good...so be it..

I own a fiat uno 1.2 and a Baleno.....so please trust me of having a first hand experience of both the services....

I found the Honda showroom in hyd pathetic...very arrogant...hopefully their A/S/S is good but no one seems to have shared that here has shared that on this board at least....nor have they got any awards in independent studies either...

Last edited by Buffetfan : 9th August 2005 at 12:42.
Old 9th August 2005, 12:56   #105
Senior - BHPian

@buffetfan, this is not to belittle the hardship that you have gone through while dealing with Fiat dealers. But, if you check this forum, there are people prominently from Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Delhi and Hyderabad. Except Hyderabad (and to some extent Bangalore), Fiat A/S/S has been good. In Bangalore, few Fiat owners(Deepakhon) have reported improvement in service .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks