Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2005, 13:12   #121
BANNED

Oh you are back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
The Rear Shock absorbers in Getz are Gas filled as opposed to Torsion beam in Swift, that explains the smoother ride than Getz. Other than that, the ride quality is evenly matched with Swift being the faster of the two engines and a joy to drive on highways with good roads with the high profile tyres.
Although it can be a bit of a nightmare on rough roads as the rear is too heavy and not gas assisted shocks make the ride more towards to harsher side. However it does give you the big car feel once inside the cabin and the Getz does not.

How is Swift now in 0-100kmph? 6 months or 12 months?
Old 18th August 2005, 16:20   #122
Senior - BHPian

went to a maruti dealership yesterday at Kolkata with a friend (to book his zen) ..

my my .. those guys were livid about the swift ..
comments like ..

'we were saying it gives 10kmpl .. now people are getting as low as 7kmpl'

'some engineering problems in the car which maruti is trying to sort out .. hence deliveries are getting delayed further'

'why, oh-why have maruti advertised it so much'

'we are advising people not to book it till problems are resolved'

they are even discouraging people to book it, even if customers are ready to wait for 6 months ..

not a very good situation I must say ...
Old 18th August 2005, 16:35   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Are you really sure about it? Have you personally experienced it?
RX, I believe Aseem owns a Swift as his personal vehicle.
Old 18th August 2005, 17:06   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjacob
RX, I believe Aseem owns a Swift as his personal vehicle.
Oops, I should have been clear. I wanted to ask about Getz. Because I believe, Getz has more spacious interior than Swift.
Old 18th August 2005, 20:52   #125
Senior - BHPian

Getz is more spacious in the rear/trunk and with the amount of space they have which can be used. they have a smaller dashboard and more practical interior designed to maximize the space. However on the contrary Swift has a big dashboard, is wider than Honday city, but doesnt have many cubby holes etc. In driving however the car does give you a big car feel compared to Getz and I can vouch for that since I own a Swift and my brother has a Getz.
To make things more clear, Ford Ikon looks smaller than Accent however from inside Ford has used spaces more efficiently by having an inward dashboard and maximize rear legroom etc. However the road presense and the driving feel of the Accent makes you feel that you are driving a bigger car even though you have less interior space... Getting the point??? Or is it lost in TRANSLATION!!!

Last edited by aseem : 18th August 2005 at 20:53.
Old 30th August 2005, 14:45   #126
Senior - BHPian

Got a feedback form from Maruti. It covered portion like

1. Things gone wrong (eg-Vehicles pulls to the left/right, Ride is too stiff/too soft)

2. Features and Control problems (eg- Windshield wipers not working)

3. Seat problems
4. Heating, Ventilation & cooling problems
5. Sound system problems ( why do they care about it)
6. Vehicle exterior problems
7. Vehicle interior problems
8. Transmission problems
9. Engine probelms

Not sure whether this is common for all the manufacturers. Iam sure this will help them in a big way to collect the actual user experience.

Also in the comments area, I had mentioned the following

DELIVERY TIME FRAME IS CAUSING A LOTS OF FRUSTRATION FOR THOSE WHO HAD BOOKED THE VEHICLE BASED ON THE FALSE PROMISE FROM DEALERS.

READ in Team-Bhp.com, a A-Z forum on cars, that lots of potential SWIFT buyers are moving to GETZ. Needs to work on that.

All the Swift buyers would get it, if it has not reached you yet
Old 30th August 2005, 15:07   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
i was going to pune, and i hit about 180+ on the expressway-.
What kind of petrol did you use for that. I wonder for Swift ( Esteem engine with compression ratio of 9:1) if we can use regular 87 Octane fuel to acheive anything like that.

Getz however requires higher octane fuel becaz of its high compression ratio (10:1), May be Getz is more suitable for LPG which has higher octane number (~ 100)... Just a thought
Old 30th August 2005, 18:30   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What kind of petrol did you use for that.
"regular" 87 octane from "pure for sure" pumps....no speed 91 or 93... hmmm...i wonder if she (swift) could've cracked the 185 kmph barrier in the first run if i had used 91 or 93 octane...you see, it's only at 4000-5000 r.p.m+ that you get to realise the usefulness of high octane fuel...
at low r.p.m's, the high octane fuel reflects it's superiority only in high capacity engines....
Old 31st August 2005, 21:28   #129

Guys i would again like to tell you, Maruti ASS sucks.

Do not buy a Maruti car just for its ASS.

Buy it if you want a good resale ? (Which is questionable looking at the no. of new entrants by 2006 -07. I have news of over 7 B+ segments , 5 SUV , & arount 4 entry level sedans to be on the road by the 3rd quarter of 2007.)
Old 31st August 2005, 22:36   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangywarez
Guys i would again like to tell you, Maruti ASS sucks.

Do not buy a Maruti car just for its ASS.

Buy it if you want a good resale ? (Which is questionable looking at the no. of new entrants by 2006 -07. I have news of over 7 B+ segments , 5 SUV , & arount 4 entry level sedans to be on the road by the 3rd quarter of 2007.)
You have a Hyundai Getz on your logo for the picture, no doubt you will say Maruti ASS sucks Maruti ASS as per JD Edwards is a lot higher than Hyundai.
We have a Santro, Esteem and Swift that are not less than 1 year old. Believe me, the kind of ASS I have got in Esteem is awesome. The guy comes to your house for smallest of things. I dont want to say Hyundai is bad, but at least from personal experience, I have got red carpet treatment from Maruti, whereas I only get call for Santro when the insurance is about to expire.
One cant just buy a car on its merit, if so, we would just be seeing Palios and Petra around. But when one buys a car they do see, resale, ASS, and cheap spares etc along with the car. A car that does well in all departments is a normal choice. To site an example, me and my dad test drove Corsa, and were so happy with the ride quality that we decided to buy it. There was a guy there test driving Tavera, he told us that he formerly owned Astra. He said it was a wonderful car, and gave him no problems for 3 years, but than when the problems started the Opel guys disappeared. The spares were damn costly. He suggested that rather than going for Sail we should go for Santro, which we eventually did. So the moral of the story is, people take all factors into account before buying a car. Maruti has a combination of most factors, although off late there models look a lot dated. With Swift, they have infused new spirit in their brand image, and with new engines in the pipeline for the future, Maruti bashers will have little to say and talk about.
Old 1st September 2005, 07:28   #131
BHPian

I beg to differ. We own a Alto Vxi and Santro. While Maruti guys cgarge for door delivery and pickup for routine service Hyundai does it free although they are far off.

So U can not just slot the ASS as good and bad. We have to beleive JD Power as it is the only comprehencive survey
Old 16th September 2005, 11:37   #132
BHPian

a little off topic :
I heard from a friend of mine whose Swift went for first service y'day...I was like "hey you just got the car delivered, thats too soon for a service?" and apparently first service of Swift is at 500 km which they reached in 3 weeks....I would have reached that in less than 2 weeks when I got my car....

Isn't that a little weird than even som bikes can go longer for their first service ?
Is it the same for most Maruti cars ?

If thats the case its really boring to send your car for service in less than a month and then again in couple of months ! My car (Indica P) had its first service at 5k (almost 4 mths after I had bought it) and they actually didnt even do anything since its just a check up.....real service is at 10k (oil changes etc)....so my question was why the need for a reaaaaaly early service for the Suzuki.
Old 16th September 2005, 12:03   #133
BHPian

The first service for Swift is due if the car runs for 1000kms (not 500kms) or 1 month. Though, I am not aware of other cars 1 service clause!!!
Old 16th September 2005, 12:08   #134
BHPian

Quote:
"regular" 87 octane from "pure for sure" pumps....no speed 91 or 93... hmmm...i wonder if she (swift) could've cracked the 185 kmph barrier in the first run if i had used 91 or 93 octane...you see, it's only at 4000-5000 r.p.m+ that you get to realise ....
Hmm so ure using 87 Octane for the swift.

Even i am using same fuel for both the Swift and the Baleno( both being Euro III cars and new)..

Quote:
the usefulness of high octane fuel...
at low r.p.m's, the high octane fuel reflects it's superiority only in high capacity engines
Interesting comment. Do you think it would help if i use a 91 or 93 Octane (Euro III) fuel for the Baleno in particular instead of the 87 Oct (Euro II fuel)..

Interstingly i read in one of the threads here that if you use a 87 Octane( Euro II) fuel in a Euro III car - it might damage the catalytic convertor or something in the engine in the long run.
Old 16th September 2005, 17:28   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you think it would help if i use a 91 or 93 Octane (Euro III) fuel for the Baleno in particular instead of the 87 Oct
yes it would; but again, you will not notice any big difference. the only changes that you will notice upto the 4000 r.p.m mark is the car's enhanced smoothness. beyond 4000, you shall feel the difference in the engine note, and the way in which the car gathers speed- but mind, these are very minute changes, and you have to be totally hooked to the car's senses to understand the changes; and unless you get some timing gear fastened to the car, you might not be able to gauge the car's increased pick-up and power delivery characteristics.

also, the 93 octane fuel won't make any big difference in the baleno's performance- 91 octane should suffice; the increased octane rating quotes the capability of the fuel to ignite without detonation. i.e, higher the octane rating, more the temp. required to ignite, and cleaner is the fuel- so, high compression engines require higher octane fuel. therefore, though 93 octane will help in keeping the injectors and the internals of the engine clean, the performance leap won't be as big as 87 vs 91 octane...

and if you really want to gauge the difference, try using 87, 91 and 93 octane fuels in the accord 3.0 V6- you can actually tell the difference in the engine notes....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks