Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2005, 17:53   #16
BHPian

Haque

I have the same dilemma. I am hoping Shuvc is right. There would be a few old models left at the dealers and they would be giving better discounts.

A wait & watch policy may be better that's what I am thinking.
Old 13th September 2005, 18:56   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
Is there really a difference in the shape of the Pak model .. I'm still unable to put a finger on it ..
One can always wait for the new version to be released and then take a decision .. if the new model does not have too much add-on value then ... there'll still be some old models with the dealers and the discounts on them should increase !

there are minor changes to the front, rear bumpers, rear lights and wheels. Maruti should do a better work than that if they are going to charge a premium over the older model.
Old 13th September 2005, 19:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Maruti may charge some premium but then when the demand is not there in some few days you will see Baleno prices drop, and i guess thats going to happen. Heck i dont get the point why people after the Baleno so much there is a much better car at similar prices. The Ikon 1.6, which is fully loaded with Alloys, Intelligent Wipers, CD + Radio in dash, Leather Syncro Seats. Also that car is a pure drivers car, wondewrful rear bench and specially in spanish red it looks delicious!!
Old 13th September 2005, 19:36   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Maruti may charge some premium but then when the demand is not there in some few days you will see Baleno prices drop, and i guess thats going to happen. Heck i dont get the point why people after the Baleno so much there is a much better car at similar prices. The Ikon 1.6, which is fully loaded with Alloys, Intelligent Wipers, CD + Radio in dash, Leather Syncro Seats. Also that car is a pure drivers car, wondewrful rear bench and specially in spanish red it looks delicious!!
The reason people still go behind baleno i feel is because of the reliable Suzuki (Japanese) badging and of the Fuel efficiency you get. Over a period of 3 years it is likely to give fewer problems compared to ikon and spares are much cheaper i guess

Insane devil,
I agree to your point that you get disappointed when you see the new model out. However it will be more profound only in the case when they change the model overall like in the case of Honda city.. In the baleno case there may be only a few changes here and there like lights, or maximum a grill, and i feel its not worth paying more without discounts...
Old 14th September 2005, 03:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
To each his own but Baleno is faster (in a st line at least), bigger, more powerful and more fuel efficient than the ikon...IMHO I also like the looks of a Black Baleno with Alloys and wider rubber...
Of course there is the perceived japanese reliability factor as well...the engine is a gem of an engine and just loves to revv!!
Old 14th September 2005, 10:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

any pictures as of yet? dont think though that the pics will be available coz maruti is good at its job.
Old 14th September 2005, 13:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

yes ... and it's easier for maruti coz since they primarily make cosmetic changes, they don't need to disguise the car with stickers and test it out on roads .. so no scoop snaps too ..
Old 14th September 2005, 14:26   #23
Senior - BHPian

Kolkata dealer confirmed it .. but says its due early October ..
Old 15th September 2005, 11:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

the esteem was done ok but the alto design is bad. I dont have much hopes for the new baleno though.
Old 15th September 2005, 11:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hmm lets wait and watch to see if the Balenew is better than the Balenold.
Old 15th September 2005, 13:20   #26

i'm waiting for new baleno. but i', not sure whether it's worth waiting or i'll lose the current discounts.
Old 15th September 2005, 23:41   #27

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well if they dont want the new baleno to have the same fate as the old one,they better not mess with the prices cos anything above the current price will spell disaster for the new baleno.hope mul gets it right this time.and seriously hope they even bring down the prices of the new baleno and trust me il be waiting with a cheque book in my hand if that happens.

Last edited by hellspawn : 15th September 2005 at 23:50.
Old 16th September 2005, 03:09   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
well if they dont want the new baleno to have the same fate as the old one,they better not mess with the prices cos anything above the current price will spell disaster for the new baleno.hope mul gets it right this time.and seriously hope they even bring down the prices of the new baleno and trust me il be waiting with a cheque book in my hand if that happens.
very true. if MUL tries the same pricing stunt with the new Baleno as they did with the outgoing one when they launched it, its going to bomb...big time. I just do not see people shelling out that kind of money for a Maruti. They have not been able to sell an expensive car. Not when there was far less competition. now with the optras, ikons and the NHC's, its a no-brainer.

however, if they manage to retain the current price point, or something just marginally higher, then they are going to turn the C-segment head over heels, because the whole equation changes. If they do manage to maintain the current price levels, it will be extremely interesting to see what Ford, GM, FIAT and Hyundai do with their Ikons, Optras, Petras and the Accents. It'll be a blood bath and it'll be a lot of fun.
Old 16th September 2005, 10:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

going by the past few 'launches' they dont generally touch the price too much .. referring to zen , esteem, alto , M800 .. so I don't expect the prices to be increased .. if at all they do it's going to be marginal .. but then they'll surely reduce the current discount of Insurance + 28K MGA .. so effectively OTR could go up by 20-30K ..
Again that may be offset by some new design tweaks and also maybe they'll offer some of the extras from the VXi on the LXi .. and add on features from the Swift ZXi to the VXi .. Going by their trend I am expecting the LXi to have some more minor add on features ..
Old 16th September 2005, 12:02   #30
BHPian

Came in from a Dealer that Maruti is going to reduce the price on the new Baleno, but at the same time they will eliminate all the discounts and free insurance throwaways.

Basically the same thing they did with the new Esteem.

GTO
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks