Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2011, 09:30   #211
BANNED

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I dont get this. Why is everyone afraid of crossing the 100HP mark in the Diesels when there is evidently a market for these type of engines. Im sick of hearing the whole "90HP is powerful" nonsense!
All are excited about 90HP as FORD is giving a better diesel engine compared to 68HP Fiesta Classic. And.. 100HP+ cars will surely be pricey! Hope you understood the 90HP Nonsense funda.
Old 14th February 2011, 09:33   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I dont get this. Why is everyone afraid of crossing the 100HP mark in the Diesels when there is evidently a market for these type of engines. Im sick of hearing the whole "90HP is powerful" nonsense!
Yeah, I wonder why a 1.6 common rail with only 90HP when we have 1.3s producing the same amount of HP.

I think we'll have to wait for the korean speed boat ala new Verna to see some figures above 100.
Old 14th February 2011, 09:53   #213
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
New Fiesta
  • 1.6 duratec TI-VCT, 115 hp
  • 1.6 duratorq, 90 hp
Hi Sid, any idea if they have plans to bring in the 6-Speed Dual Clutch Powershift Automatic Transmission along with the 1.6 petrol?
Old 14th February 2011, 10:01   #214
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Hatch is not coming this year. No idea about PS-DCT.
Fretting over "just 90 hp" isnt going to do any good to mind. The TDCI is known for close to zero turbo lag, so if these characteristics are carried over, expect the car to be a sane performer. 1.3 can produce 90hp, granted, then why is that car slower than a 75 hp marutis?
1.4 diesel 90 hp hatch is also faster. Numbers just form half the story. How the engine is tuned, gear ratios matched, caliberation of chassis plus kerb weight plays a vital role here.
Old 14th February 2011, 10:18   #215
BHPian

I really wish that Ford would introduce the fiesta hatches, they look hot. They could re-brand it if they are worried about brand dilution of the fiesta name
Old 14th February 2011, 11:53   #216
Senior - BHPian

i saw autocarindia yesterday on cnbctv and heard hormard confirming that current fiesta would sell with tag fiesta classic with current 1.4L engine and all new fiesta would carter new 1.6L engine and more pricey.
Old 14th February 2011, 20:45   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^
Current 1.4L engine.
You mean the the tdci?
Then what about the 1.6L petrol?
They going to reverse their step? Bringing back the 1.4L petrol and phasing the 1.6?
Old 15th February 2011, 10:51   #218
Senior - BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 21st February 2011 at 17:45.
vijaythacker is offline   Received Infraction
Old 15th February 2011, 12:14   #219
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Fiesta classic
  • 1.6 duratec, 101 hp
  • 1.4 duratorq, 68 hp
New Fiesta
  • 1.6 duratec TI-VCT, 115 hp
  • 1.6 duratorq, 90 hp
The numbers look disappointing (particularly for the diesel )in front of the new Verna which comes with a 125 bhp diesel monster (35 BHP or 40% more power), particularly considering both might be priced similarly.

If Hyundai can sort out the ride and handling, the Fiesta will stand no chance given that we already have the diesel Vento as well.

Agreed, Ford diesels have less turbolag but when we want outright performance or a better top-end, BHP does count. Though it is not the only thing in the driving experience, it is foolish to ignore it either!

The name of this forum is so because of a reason.
Old 15th February 2011, 12:22   #220
Team-BHP Support

Well, I have a feeling that the Fiesta Sedan will do good numbers if Ford get the pricing in the Vento, City territory. Ford are known to produce good drivers car in India, and the 1.6 diesel (even with 90 hp) should be a good machine to drive.

The only gripe I have with the car is that it completely miss the understated elegance of ford family. Personally for me, the car looks a bit over-styled. But that could be well its USP.
Old 15th February 2011, 12:39   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Well, I have a feeling that the Fiesta Sedan will do good numbers if Ford get the pricing in the Vento, City territory. Ford are known to produce good drivers car in India, and the 1.6 diesel (even with 90 hp) should be a good machine to drive.

The only gripe I have with the car is that it completely miss the understated elegance of ford family. Personally for me, the car looks a bit over-styled. But that could be well its USP.
+1. If they have similar gear ratios like the current Fiesta TDCi, then all that 22 bhp is going to be additional ! How much extra weight do we expect in the new sedan? not much I guess. And the 90bhp should be giving a pretty decent mileage as well. I believe Fiesta became a good seller because of the driveability [minimal turbo lag] + FTD + mileage factors. And the new one should also be in similar lines since this has already proved to be a super hit !

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 15th February 2011 at 12:40.
Old 15th February 2011, 22:42   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
the new Verna which comes with a 125 bhp diesel monster (35 BHP or 40% more power), particularly considering both might be priced similarly.
And what would be the point of all that extra power if it handles like a boat ??
Old 16th February 2011, 10:04   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
And what would be the point of all that extra power if it handles like a boat ??
^ +1 to that. How will you handle all that power unless travelling only in a straight line.
This brings to mind a famous quote I read in a famous ad "Power is nothing without control"
Old 19th February 2011, 21:40   #224
BHPian

Some pics of new fiesta hatch I took today in Hangzhou, China. Pardon me for poor quality - it was getting dark and the weather wasn't helpful either, with mercury dropping to near zero:
Attached Thumbnails
New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-hz-425.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-hz-427.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-hz-424.jpg  

Old 20th February 2011, 23:18   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hatch is not coming this year.
Looks like Ford have put the hatch on the back burner. Any idea when it is expected? There is also the question on the length of the car. Does it qualify as a sub 4 metre car?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks