Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would do/would you do if your car fell prey?
Get new parts from an authorized source,everytime. 217 37.22%
Hit the grey market/chor bazaar, everytime. 65 11.15%
Use an authorized source the first time, got fed up the second time and gave in to an unoffical source. 173 29.67%
I dont care, just let the parts remain off. 128 21.96%
Voters: 583. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:29   #226
BHPian

My FIAT Linea logo (rear) was stolen about 2 months back. I inquired in the service center, they had none and said it will be expensive at around 1.5k. This is shocking and just made me more angry. The car looks ugly without a rear logo. every morning I approach the car from behind and the two holes sticking out from the recess of missing logo makes me mad. I went to to Opera House (Mumbai) last weekend and bought a logo for 300. I has FIAT marking on the back and when I compared with the original (at the service center) it was indeed original, voila!

It was fixed back in its place with some cement which service center guy said is very strong and is used for attaching the windscreen. Its been a week and it is still there. It is painful and madding to see the logo stolen and everyday I feel scared that tomorrow the logo will be gone. Without logo I'm mad and with logo I leave my car in the parking with an uneasy feeling. Still I'm happy that I have the logo.
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:57   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawanak View Post
I went to to Opera House (Mumbai) last weekend and bought a logo for 300. I has FIAT marking on the back and when I compared with the original (at the service center) it was indeed original, voila!
That Logo might just be one of the many logos which are stolen from the Mumbai streets

The only solution which sounds good is that Make the Logos cheaper at the Authorized centers to the level at which they are sold in grey market and I don't think it costs a bomb to make logo. This in turn might would work as a deterrent to the thieves, as people would prefer to get it from Authorized dealers rather than going to grey market.
Old 24th February 2010, 15:15   #228
BHPian

And I my friend had bought the Linea together. His was the first car to have the logos stolen. He spent Rs 1235 at the Service center for the set of both front and back logos. I know a person at a local autoparts shop. He told me that he can get Fake Fiat Logos for Rs 300 which as per him look exactly like original ones. He can get them in a couple of days. Although I have asked him to get those, I am still not sure if I want to put fake logos on a brand new car worth 8 lacs. Anyway, I am going to wait just to see how the fake logos look like. Jawanak, can you tell me where in Opera House did you get the logos.

I am also on another mission. I and my friend are thinking of developing a low cost own anti theft alarm for the emblems (without touching the car electricals as we know that will make the warrantly void) If successful, I'll update the group about our project.
Old 25th February 2010, 10:12   #229

hey friends lost all the six logos of my 320d highline in a single day ,best option stickers ,or download the picture and stick it on a acrylic piece and stick it on the logo slot
Old 25th February 2010, 16:44   #230
BHPian

Spotted this Chevy ALTO on Old Airport Road, Bangalore
Attached Thumbnails
Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India-dsc00689.jpg  

Old 25th February 2010, 17:39   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
Spotted this Chevy ALTO on Old Airport Road, Bangalore
thats a chevy alto with "Turbo" charged
Old 25th February 2010, 18:42   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs2660 View Post
hey friends lost all the six logos of my 320d highline in a single day ,best option stickers ,or download the picture and stick it on a acrylic piece and stick it on the logo slot
Wow, that's really bad man. Sorry to hear that. If I may, could you please indicate which area of Mumbai this was, and whether the car was parked on the road or within a building compound etc.
Old 26th February 2010, 17:35   #233
BHPian

I saw the fake Fiat Logos. They look exactly like the original ones complete with the metal outer ring and Fiat printed on the red background. The backside has a bolt and a nut using which they can be bolted on to the car. Although for the rear logo one will need to drill a hole in the car body so that the bolt goes in and the nut can be screwed from inside.

The cost of these logos is just Rs. 150 each.

Of course they not being geniune there will be some difference. The only difference is that the FIAT font in the original logos has a 3D effect whereas in the fake ones the 3d effect is missing. The original Fiat has the apperance of the Fiat name being embossed.

I was really tempted to put the fake ones as they come at a fraction of the cost and look very much like the originals. Only a person who has seen both will know the difference.

What have I done? Call me stupid or obsessive. I went to the service center and got the originals fitted. The cost- A cool Rs. 1537 with the labor charges.

Why did I do this?
My car is 4 months old and I still consider it as a new car atleast for the entire first year. With the fake logos (no matter how good they may be) I'll always feel my car is less than any other Linea on the street.

Hope my car's guardian angel this time will protect the logos in addition to the precious beauty.
Old 26th February 2010, 22:56   #234
BHPian

This LOGO theft seems to be catching on in Chennai as well. Today saw a FORD Fusion and FIAT Punto both with rear logos missing. The punto looked brand new. I sympathize with the Punto owner who has a brand new car with a black ugly hole in the back.
Old 17th March 2010, 15:33   #235
BHPian

Car emblem stolen, anyway to prevent it?

Hi guys,
Today morning when I was getting into my car, a Skoda Octavia RS, I noticed that the Skoda emblem on the boot was missing :( Someone had pried it out and it seemed like a professional job. All this happened while the car was parked in the parking lot of the residential society where I live and not in some public place! I have noticed a lot of cars in Mumbai with the emblem missing and I have always been careful while parking my car and avoided areas where this sort of thing could happen but what can you do if it happens under your nose, in your house?
Is there anyway to prevent this otherwise I think it would be pointless to buy a new emblem to replace the stolen one!
Sumit

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th March 2010 at 16:27. Reason: Please use Search and continue in an existing thread, Thanks
Old 17th March 2010, 16:05   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefls View Post
Hi guys,
Today morning when I was getting into my car, a Skoda Octavia RS, I noticed that the Skoda emblem on the boot was missing :( Someone had pried it out and it seemed like a professional job. All this happened while the car was parked in the parking lot of the residential society where I live and not in some public place! I have noticed a lot of cars in Mumbai with the emblem missing and I have always been careful while parking my car and avoided areas where this sort of thing could happen but what can you do if it happens under your nose, in your house?
Is there anyway to prevent this otherwise I think it would be pointless to buy a new emblem to replace the stolen one!
Sumit

Hmm, i have the same problem. The 3 star mitsu logo from the boot went missing, what did i do, i adopted the clean no logo look.

Then the they did not stop there, they also took out the logo on my front grill . THis time insted of getting an expensive 500 Rs mitsu logo i went to the local radium guy and asked him to cut me a mitsu logo in red for the grill. Since there no logos no thiefs.

Pramod
Old 17th March 2010, 16:24   #237
J.Ravi

There is an existing extensive thread on the same subject:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...stolen-16.html

Old 17th March 2010, 16:38   #238
Senior - BHPian

I blame this exclusively on the buyers market. Logos are stolen only because people buy them.
But it's not as simple as stopping ivory trade - 'when the buying stops, the killing can too'. A majority of the buyers in chor bazaar are illeterate cab/autorickshaw/rickshaw drivers who are more than happy to buy them and flaunt a 'BMW' ambassador, 'toyota' autorickshaw or a 'hyundai' rickshaw (seen all three of them - either on street or in tbhp). I do not think any person who has minnimal taste should put any other extra badging in his car except the ones already fitted, even if he owns a M800 or a nano.
Only thing we can do is curse ourselves for being car enthusiasts in a country called India (as if we did not have enough reasons already!!)

Last edited by blackasta : 17th March 2010 at 16:40.
Old 19th March 2010, 10:24   #239
BHPian

Well it seems even Pune is now catching up with Mumbai on this car logo theft. I can now see atleast 5% of cars in Pune without their front or rear or both logo. Am always scared now to park in public places when I am out.

Isn't there a way we can ourselves strengthen the glue (araldite or fevikwik?)?? DIY experts, pls suggest some alternatives .
Old 19th March 2010, 10:35   #240
Senior - BHPian

The other day when I was waiting at Majiwada signal, Thane I found to my horror two Ford logos stuck at the back of a rickshaw which was before me. I tried to take a snap but my mobile gave away reson being the memory already overloaded with pics and music. I missed a chance to show the BHPians where the logos finally end. Got more irritated since it was Ford logo and I drive a Ford Fiesta. Now I know where to look if mine goes missing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks