Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would do/would you do if your car fell prey?
Get new parts from an authorized source,everytime. 217 37.22%
Hit the grey market/chor bazaar, everytime. 65 11.15%
Use an authorized source the first time, got fed up the second time and gave in to an unoffical source. 173 29.67%
I dont care, just let the parts remain off. 128 21.96%
Voters: 583. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2013, 09:53   #631
BHPian

Re: Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India

Has anyone tried buying a replacement from ebay, I see a cheaper option here

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Rear-Skoda-Ca...item5650a23b55

Also, does anyone know the size of Rapid's emblem, the seller has two sizes (78/88).
Old 28th January 2013, 10:37   #632
BHPian

My Fusion was stripped of the back logo a couple of months back. Tried to find a replacement online as service still due only after a month or so. Did not get any options for Ford! Finally, at service, got it replaced from Metro Ford for Rs580. Now car feels "complete".

BTW, I have seen at least 3 Fusions in Bangalore without the back logo recently.... Seems we have a Ford logo loving gang at work here
Old 28th January 2013, 13:20   #633
BHPian

Logo thefts and even side mirror thefts have reduced a lot in South Mumbai lately. Probably some important police official or minister had his cars logo stolen and the police got cracking after them. Its very easy for the police to track these guys from the resellers in chor bazar and such other places. I hope they dont let down the heat on them though.
Old 28th January 2013, 15:29   #634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiJack View Post
Also, does anyone know the size of Rapid's emblem, the seller has two sizes (78/88).
Those two sizes maybe different because, typically the front logo is bigger than the one in the rear. At least in the Laura and Superb, it is.

You may order the one which needs to be replaced.
My suggestion; order both. Better to have one handy
Old 29th March 2013, 05:52   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post

The "2.2l VTT DICOR" logo on the quarter panel costs Rs.350 each.
The "2.2l VTT DICOR" logo on the quarter panels was ripped out mercilessly from my Safari this past weekend. Had parked my truck bang opposite to Popsies in Koramangala, right under one of the bright Sodium Vapour streetlights illuminating that lane.

The area was crowded being a Saturday evening and the ban on parking within the BBMP ground contributed to all bylanes around Empire hotel being hounded by 4 and 2 wheelers alike for parking space. What baffled me was the fact that this heinous act was carried out amidst all these factors - crowd and lights.. Ruined my entire weekend to see the now bare quarter panels house generous amounts of dust particles over the rectangular glue patch left behind - a sand laden brown strip on my Quartz Black truck!

@Dadu or any fellow BHP'ian from Bangalore, Can you please let me know as to where I could source these logos from? Do the Tata Dealers stock them?
Old 7th May 2013, 17:45   #636
BHPian

My Figo's front logo was nicked a couple of months ago that too from my building's stilt parking slot. I verbally bajaao'ed the watchman and security in-charge for their carelessness.

Finally, dropped my car for 40k service today at AVK Ford, Kalina. The cost for the front logo is 1.2 k + taxes

I am worried to death now. Can't afford to lose the logo again. I have told the service station guys to use Araldite instead of Silicon glue. I've in fact told them to remove the rear logo as well and re-stick it with Araldite. Lets see how it goes.

Anything else that people want to suggest to avoid logo theft ?

Keeping my fingers crossed
Old 7th May 2013, 17:51   #637
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabareesh View Post

Anything else that people want to suggest to avoid logo theft ?

Keeping my fingers crossed
The cost of the monogram is shocking to know.

BTW, its best to keep your car covered with good car cover. That should help. It will require quite some more courage to lift off the cover and then pluck the monogram.

Also, this will help you keep your car clean and relatively safer from scratches than the toddlers might out on.
Old 7th May 2013, 21:49   #638
BHPian

Completely and might sound stupid to some, but I was thinking if there is a way to safely remove the VW roundel from the rear of the Polo and put it back without damaging it. Asking because I want to paint it gloss black instead of the CF vinyl that I have on it currently. Advice anyone?
Old 13th July 2013, 23:14   #639
BHPian

Here is what I had to resort to, I think it actually looks good. I managed to convince Skoda service centre to give me a free logo, for some reason, the guy who dropped the car got the logo in his pocket which fell off within half an hour of being stuck- dosent make sense going for an expensive logo these days and back off the ebay duplicate logo deals, not worth it. By the way- my car is up for sale if anyone is interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiJack View Post
Here is what I had to resort to, I think it actually looks good. I managed to convince Skoda service centre to give me a free logo, for some reason, the guy who dropped the car got the logo in his pocket which fell off within half an hour of being stuck- dosent make sense going for an expensive logo these days and back off the ebay duplicate logo deals, not worth it. By the way- my car is up for sale if anyone is interested
Sorry, had to compress the pic
Attached Files
File Type: zip Logo.zip (1.89 MB, 171 views)

Last edited by aah78 : 14th July 2013 at 07:32. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 14th July 2013, 11:55   #640
BHPian

Finally, I replaced front Logo of my Polo.

Reason - VW has reduced the cost from 1700+ to 503. Total cost including labour was 559.18. Even now it is expensive, but not that expensive as it was previously.
CANPUSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2013, 13:31   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
Finally, I replaced front Logo of my Polo.

Reason - VW has reduced the cost from 1700+ to 503. Total cost including labour was 559.18. Even now it is expensive, but not that expensive as it was previously.
Thanks for the update. Though they have reduced the price by a third, I feel that it should not cost more than 200-250. In fact Skoda used to replace stolen logos for free, can't VW do the same.
Old 1st October 2013, 22:43   #642
BHPian

Not about logo, but something similar. Couple of days back, the antenna from a (fluidic) Verna was stolen from our apartment parking lot. I kept observing the Vernas on the road and spotted a couple of them without the antenna - just the base remaining. New found fancy among the petty thieves? Verna owners, keep a watch on the antennas, atleast in Bangalore!
Old 1st October 2013, 22:49   #643
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Vader View Post
@Dadu or any fellow BHP'ian from Bangalore, Can you please let me know as to where I could source these logos from? Do the Tata Dealers stock them?
Yep, talk to the Tata dealers at Dairy Circle, given you're around Koramangala. It'll cost you a few hundred. I'd had to do this for my Dad's Vista.
Old 1st October 2013, 23:41   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Yep, talk to the Tata dealers at Dairy Circle, given you're around Koramangala. It'll cost you a few hundred. I'd had to do this for my Dad's Vista.
Thanks Arun! I had to go the same route. Concorde Motors- Kudlu Gate is where I get my truck tended to. Cost me Rs.400 a pop. Total damage 800 for "Dicor 2.2 Vtt" stickers.
Old 5th October 2013, 23:07   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
A few days back, checked with Mercedes Benz dealer here in Pune:
Front Star - Rs.2300/-
Rear Star - Rs.700/-
Available over the counter, inc all taxes.

Today a saw a current shape Mercedes C-Class Avant-garde, the one with the huge star in grill and it was missing, the car looked lost and without an identity and like someone had knocked out your two front teeth.
Both, the hood and boot emblem has been nicked off my w201 benz. they got away with the hood ornament but the boot one broke in 3 pieces and they just left it on the road by the car. I felt awful! The reason is partly because I took the car to an area which I shouldn't have and left it parked for a while unattended and also because I dont have a driver/chauffeur to take care of the car when its left alone.

Have been looking on ebay for a replacement but just worried that if I do change them, I wonder how long (or how soon!) before another attempt is made to snap them off

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks