Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would do/would you do if your car fell prey?
Get new parts from an authorized source,everytime. 217 37.22%
Hit the grey market/chor bazaar, everytime. 65 11.15%
Use an authorized source the first time, got fed up the second time and gave in to an unoffical source. 173 29.67%
I dont care, just let the parts remain off. 128 21.96%
Voters: 583. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2010, 22:28   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Surat is now on the list;the H's and the Logan's are the most sought after badges.
Old 26th August 2010, 17:11   #287
BHPian

Wonder where our Logo's go? Hmm... Grr....

Saw a rickshaw with an unusual Logo.
Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India-logo1.jpg

On closer observation, i was like
Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India-logo2.jpg
Old 12th October 2010, 01:50   #288
BHPian

I got my Polo three days ago, my emblem was stolen from beneath my building's private parking.

I just dont know what to do.

Its completely heart breaking.
Old 12th October 2010, 16:05   #289
BHPian

How to prevent

Several cars logos were stolen in our apartment parking lot.

Is there any way to protect them? I am looking for some kind of thin sheet which can be pasted over it. Like that of iPhone scratch guard/skin from BodyGuardz. Even a merc's emblem is not left out. Pathetic people
Old 12th October 2010, 20:46   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmitr13 View Post
Several cars logos were stolen in our apartment parking lot.

Is there any way to protect them? I am looking for some kind of thin sheet which can be pasted over it. Like that of iPhone scratch guard/skin from BodyGuardz. Even a merc's emblem is not left out. Pathetic people
Get the car debadged - and then put the emblems back whenever you sell the car.This way,at least the emblems are with you.

Alternatively,you could have the name/logo painted(this is a tricky job,though)
Old 16th October 2010, 21:39   #291
Senior - BHPian

I saw Jackie Shroff today at Andheri (w) while i was driving home from the Infinity mall.He was behind the wheel of a late model Cadillac , Deville maybe not sure.The car was in good condition and had the logo on the front grill missing.

Now if celeb's cars are not safe from logo thieves how can regular people like you and me are suppose to be keeping their logo's safe.I think it's high time cops did something about thie logo menance.

I have seen Cadillac logo's on Autos.How can these guys not understand that the logo's are stolen? Makes one's blood boil.
Old 17th October 2010, 00:27   #292
SAS
BHPian

Come to think of it, why don't we just ply out the monograms and then stick them permanently with araldite or something like that? I've fixed several things around the house with it, and it's a ridiculously strong adhesive. The only problem I forsee is when we go to repair the car for dentwork, etc and the workshop too isn't able to remove it.

Fortunately for me, nobody even bothers to touch my alto, let alone remove it's faded and half-peeled "suzuki" plastic logos
Old 17th October 2010, 00:29   #293
BHPian

Logos of around 10 cars were stolen from our society which is considered to be one of the safest in Pune. I lost my fortuner's front and rear logo and swift was missing the front one. I wish I could thrash the thieves some day. >.<
Old 20th October 2010, 19:43   #294
BHPian

Saving your logos

These days there are lot of logo thefts in Mumbai and Pune.

Particularly, Skoda, Volkswagen and Hyundai are targeted but I also see logo-less Hondas. I do not see similar problems with higher end vehicles like merc, BMWs, AUDIs for reason not known.

Can anybody contribute on how we can save ourselves of this menace? (Apart from parking at locked and safe places)

I am not sure if the topic is in the right forum. I hope moderators will place it in the right forum if this is not the one.

I am sorry for that.

Note from Team-BHP Support:
Please search before creating new threads.
Its easy and helps the support team support you.
Thanks.

Last edited by bblost : 20th October 2010 at 23:50. Reason: check the post. Thanks
Old 20th October 2010, 20:20   #295
BHPian

Canpush, Please browse through the vandalism thread (refer to the attached link), you might get some pointers.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...vandalism.html
Old 20th October 2010, 23:44   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
These days there are lot of logo thefts in Mumbai and Pune.

Particularly, Skoda, Volkswagen and Hyundai are targeted but I also see logo-less Hondas. I do not see similar problems with higher end vehicles like merc, BMWs, AUDIs for reason not known.

Can anybody contribute on how we can save ourselves of this menace? (Apart from parking at locked and safe places)

I am not sure if the topic is in the right forum. I hope moderators will place it in the right forum if this is not the one.

I am sorry for that.
Boss in my case of our new Linea I removed the front and rear logos prepared araldite applied on the logo legs and on edges an pressed back,left it for overnight , now it is as good as welded,thats all best I could think of.
Old 26th October 2010, 08:28   #297
Senior - BHPian

Several car monograms vanished yesterday night in my area. I stay in Kumara Park, Bangalore. My Palio Stile's FIAT logos and my brother's Logan logos are history now.

Others in Kumara Park, Bangalore beware if your monograms are still in tact!!
Old 26th October 2010, 08:51   #298
Senior - BHPian

Some additional Infirmation: One of the logos of the Logan (rear) was gone on Friday night. The front one and my Fiat logo went missing since yesterday night. So the thieves are lurking around may return again to my street or adjacent streets in coming days. So rest of the car owners parking on streets, stay on high alert(infiorm the nearby watchmen and so on).
Old 26th October 2010, 08:53   #299
BHPian

My uncle who had came all the way from Kolhapur to Mumbai to meet my grandfather with his Scorpio m-Hawk & has parked his Scorpio in the Pay & Park zone of BMC, in the lane opposite to my building & in a single night, all the monograms (Mahindra logo on bonnet & rear door, m-Hawk from front left & right sides, Scorpio monograms from rear door) are stolen 2 days back.
The thief has snatched the monograms using screw driver as many scratches have came up there & when my uncle asked the guy who is looking at all cars in night told him that he doesn't know anything.
Old 26th October 2010, 10:20   #300
BHPian

I really wonder why is this menace growing at such alarming pace? It is indeed a menace, and wonder what is the police doing to stop it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks