Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would do/would you do if your car fell prey?
Get new parts from an authorized source,everytime. 218 37.20%
Hit the grey market/chor bazaar, everytime. 65 11.09%
Use an authorized source the first time, got fed up the second time and gave in to an unoffical source. 174 29.69%
I dont care, just let the parts remain off. 129 22.01%
Voters: 586. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2010, 19:05   #331
BHPian

Re: Pune: Stolen logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
a Widow without Bindi.
OT: I think it should be, "A bride without a Bindi". A widow will not wear a Bindi. Will She??
Old 23rd December 2010, 19:14   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
OT: I think it should be, "A bride without a Bindi". A widow will not wear a Bindi. Will She??
Hahaha,nice one.

buddy you should visit the chor bazaar and get a replacement for cheap.
Old 23rd December 2010, 19:51   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post

buddy you should visit the chor bazaar and get a replacement for cheap.
If we do this, we ourselves will be promoting these guys to steal the logos from our cars and the issue will become more rampant.

I also would suggest getting stickers designed from a good sticker shop to replace the logo.
Old 23rd December 2010, 20:24   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
I am yet to check but Polo badge must be costing more than 1000 Rs. If it is so I will surely not replace as I am sure it will again get stolen.

I think if these manufacturers stop selling it at premium (Actual cost I believe is not more than Rs 50) nobody will steal them as they will not have any resale value.

I will replace it now only if VW offers free replacement or when I want to sale my Polo.
I really feel bad about your Polo. don't feel bad but I can't understand most of people's mentality. Why will you wait till you sale your polo to fix logo. I mean just because it costs more you aren't willing to fix it, but you are happy to spend 1000 Rs just to get better resale value.
Live life for yourself. Why to worry about things which on a longer run doesn't matter.
Man, daily you can see your car without logo or with something which really is compromising yourself for prolonged years (until you sale it) and one fine day when you are really "enough" with your old car you are ready to spend on it so that you can fetch little more money.

I don't agree.

Thanks,
Pradip.
Old 23rd December 2010, 22:05   #335
Senior - BHPian

I agree with pradipk here. If your car doesnt have a badge, the value will only go down by the cost of the badge, so no use replacing it when you sell it. it would be like investing 1K to get 1K. you can always quote xK and then sell for x-1K considering it doesnt have a badge.

as for these cheapos, there is no real funda to their thuggery. some people just do it for kicks, others do it for money, whereas a majority just do it as they cannot 'see' or live with somebody else's happiness/ progress.
Old 23rd December 2010, 22:47   #336
BHPian

@CANPUSH - Unfortunate incident. This is very common in Pune. At least 1 out 5 Polos can be seen without the front logo. Whenever I visited the showroom, have seen at least couple of cars (Polo/Jetta/Passat included) with the front logo missing.

I can understand your state of mind at present, but better to replace the badge as I am sure you won't like to see your Polo with the badge missing.

BTW - I had my share of luck, but I guess its a matter of time before I face it.
Somebody new to this (it seems!), tried to take out the Boot VW logo (and this one costs 8k+ as it is the boot opener) but thankfully wasn't able to pull out the badge.

The pic is not of good quality, a screwdriver or some solid metal thing was used to spool off the badge which in turn have put some scratches on the boot and the badge -
Attached Thumbnails
Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India-bootlogo_1.jpg  

Old 23rd December 2010, 23:23   #337
BHPian

I agree it surely looks bad, but lets not encourage this but replacing badge. You never know these stolen badges may even have a cheap backdoor entry at dealerships or at inferior employees at the dealerships.
Let the car look widow but lets stop this vicious circle of demand and supply!
I really think its a high time manufacturers should look into this growing thefts when they manufacture vehicles for Indian conditions :-)

BTW does anyone have innovative suggestion of creating more tough bonding/glueing of the original logo to the car body (eg: applying feviquick etc.) ??

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 23rd December 2010 at 23:35.
Old 23rd December 2010, 23:40   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
I am yet to check but Polo badge must be costing more than 1000 Rs. If it is so I will surely not replace as I am sure it will again get stolen.

I think if these manufacturers stop selling it at premium (Actual cost I believe is not more than Rs 50) nobody will steal them as they will not have any resale value.
Come on. Even bloody Pulsar monograms cost 1.4k a pair!
Old 24th December 2010, 00:45   #339

You wont believe it, but someone stole my '800' rear logo plus the maruti logo off my old 96 Maruti 800!
Old 24th December 2010, 13:59   #340
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India

Believe it or not : During our Etios test-drive, we caught a Sonalika Rhino with it's logos missing

Who on earth would be interested in a Sonalika badge? I'm sure the thief got a earful from his boss.
Old 24th December 2010, 14:25   #341
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Believe it or not : During our Etios test-drive, we caught a Sonalika Rhino with it's logos missing

Who on earth would be interested in a Sonalika badge? I'm sure the thief got a earful from his boss.
May be the thief thought it was a rare limited edition car, so it would fetch a higher price in the market!
Old 24th December 2010, 16:16   #342
Senior - BHPian

Somebody flicked the Hyundai logo from my i10. I am not sure if it is the work of a professional thief or some kids in my neighbourhood. Either way, its very frustrating.

I was under the impression that logo theft is happening only from Japanese or European cars. But these thieves are not even sparing the Korean cars.

Without logo, the car may look like a widow, but I am in no mood to put a new logo on it. What is the guarantee that it won't be flicked again ?

Why do the car companies make it so easy to steal these logos ?

Rohan
Old 24th December 2010, 16:20   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Somebody flicked the Hyundai logo from my i10. I am not sure if it is the work of a professional thief or some kids in my neighbourhood. Either way, its very frustrating.

I was under the impression that logo theft is happening only from Japanese or European cars. But these thieves are not even sparing the Korean cars.

Without logo, the car may look like a widow, but I am in no mood to put a new logo on it. What is the guarantee that it won't be flicked again ?

Why do the car companies make it so easy to steal these logos ?

Rohan
I used to praise Maruti and Hyundai for this. Thought of them to be the safest... But yes, one of my colleagues i10 also met with the theft.
Old 24th December 2010, 16:33   #344
BHPian

Hi,

A good friend of mine at work has a lime green (don't ask why) Chevy Spark and recently had the monogram from the hood nicked and was really upset as the gentlemen who stole the monogram was kind enough to badly dent the bonnet in the process.

His 8 year old daughter has proposed drawing a monograme to the likeness of the original in paint. Will post the end result as and when its done.
Old 30th December 2010, 17:05   #345
BHPian

I checked. Logo for Polo costs 1700 + labour charges for fixing.

If I replace I am sure again it will get stolen in few weeks. I think I will keep the car like that for a while and look for some alternative that will make the car look ok yet not cost as much.

In the mean while I came to know that more than 30% Polos in Pune have their logo missing. Few such owners I talked to do not want to replace with the same fear that it will again get stolen soon.

At this rate people will start recognising the car easily. Car without logo = Volkswagon Polo.

If VW pride is getting hurt they should replace logos of all Polos FOC with new design that can not be removed easily.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks