Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2012, 20:36   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2012 Hyundai Elantra / Avante. EDIT: Spotted in India, Pics on Pg.3&5

Is India the Launch Country for the Diesel engine? I do not know of a single place in the world where you get Elantra CRDi? Or am I not updated with the model specs?

Regards,
Old 26th May 2012, 21:56   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_rising View Post
i have got my sources

the launch is confirmed as well the engine & transmission options
Any indications on pricing? Will it be higher or lower than the CRUZE?
Old 27th May 2012, 10:20   #123
Senior - BHPian

India will be first country in the world to get a diesel engine in the elantra.
Old 29th May 2012, 00:03   #124
BHPian

Sidindica sidindica

Come on.. tell us the launch dates pls..?

we know, you know it all ..

come on
Old 29th May 2012, 07:31   #125
BHPian

It is good to know its getting launched in Aug 2012. the 6 speed A/t will give a tough competition to Cruze not for the power but definetly for economy and pricing if Hyundai keeps it under 13L per Annum.

Let the competition begin in Aug 2012
Old 29th May 2012, 11:48   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishiSuri View Post
It is good to know its getting launched in Aug 2012. the 6 speed A/t will give a tough competition to Cruze not for the power but definetly for economy and pricing if Hyundai keeps it under 13L per Annum.
13 Lakhs per Annum? You are calculating salary or what?

Anyways, diesel engines are always welcome and I doubt if they will price it well. The petrol might start at 11.5L, but the diesel might range from 12.5 to 15 easily, thus making it at a range of 13L to 17L on road across all the models.
Old 8th June 2012, 18:24   #127
BHPian

Here is the news on zighweels giving the details as to elantra will be launched in Sep - Nov 2012.The price ranging between 13 to 16L

http://www.zigwheels.com/upcoming-la...abound/13184/1

Last edited by RishiSuri : 8th June 2012 at 18:24. Reason: missed the URL to be pasted
Old 8th June 2012, 18:35   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is the news on zighweels giving the details as to elantra will be launched in Sep - Nov 2012.The price ranging between 13 to 16L

New Hyundai Elantra is India-bound Page - 1| Zigwheels.com

The Guys at Zigwheels are a bunch of illiterate auto journalists. They have shown images of the I40 and called it the Elantra. Their article does not give any new information about the cars launch in India. The main image in their article is of the Elantra and the other images in the gallery are of the I40, a completely different car. They have even gone to the extent of writing about how the i40 and Elantra are the same cars !!!
Old 9th June 2012, 07:55   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

New Hyundai Elantra is India-bound Page - 1| Zigwheels.com
I think there is something amiss in that report. The i40 shown in the gallery there is based on the Sonata. What is Sonata in USA (and India too) is i45 in Australia and slightly modified to become i40 in Europe. The Elantra belongs to a totally different segment that is one size below the i40/Sonata/i45.

By the way, coming to the Elantra's launch in India, is it confirmed that it will be launched by festive season? I could see reports in almost all automotive websites but Hyundai (and their dealers) are still maintaining total silence regarding this.
Old 9th June 2012, 08:15   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
By the way, coming to the Elantra's launch in India, is it confirmed that it will be launched by festive season? I could see reports in almost all automotive websites but Hyundai (and their dealers) are still maintaining total silence regarding this.
When has Hyundai (or any manufacturer for that case) disclosed its plans to the public? AFAIK, only Renault has the guts to display its future model plans (not too obviously though) in the company's website.

The Elantra has sorted out handling characteristics, which is a Hyundai's hereditary problem. With a stonker of a diesel engine (as tweeted by ACI editor Hormazd), killer looks, Hyundai's A.S.S. and decent quality, the Elantra definitely has all the ingedients for tasting success. Would certainly conquer the segment, if rightly priced.

Last edited by aravind.anand : 9th June 2012 at 08:17.
Old 9th June 2012, 13:17   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
When has Hyundai (or any manufacturer for that case) disclosed its plans to the public? AFAIK, only Renault has the guts to display its future model plans (not too obviously though) in the company's website.
If you look at the case of Verna and Sonata, most of the dealers were able to inform us about the respective models' impending launch much before the actual launch date. That is not the case with the Elantra. That was what I was referring to. Other than that, I quite agree that other than Renault and Mahindra (to a certain extent), no other manufacturer has made their plans public.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
The Elantra has sorted out handling characteristics, which is a Hyundai's hereditary problem. With a stonker of a diesel engine (as tweeted by ACI editor Hormazd), killer looks, Hyundai's A.S.S. and decent quality, the Elantra definitely has all the ingedients for tasting success. Would certainly conquer the segment, if rightly priced.
. Forget handling, going by the huge success of the Verna, stunning looks and a powerful yet frugal diesel engine is enough to propel this model to stardom. Let's see if Hyundai gets it right in the entry luxury segment atleast this time.
Old 25th June 2012, 06:31   #132
Senior - BHPian

Wow, so this thread has been dormant since the last time I posted about 3 weeks back. So, here I come to break the silence again. A friend of mine spotted this all-new Elantra being tested near Sriperumbudur in the usual testing belt of Chennai, the Chennai-Bangalore National Highway (NH 4). I might have said this many times before, but I just can't hold myself from telling it again - the Elantra is a stunner and probably the best and most shining example of Hyundai's 'Fluidic Sculpture' design philosophy. With such good looks, Hyundai's famous CRDi engine and widespread sales and service network, the Elantra is all set to become a big-seller in the premium midsize segment.

A few snaps of the car - look how 'fluidic' it is.

2012 Hyundai Elantra / Avante. EDIT: Spotted in India, Pics on Pg.3&5-hyundai-elantra-1.jpg
2012 Hyundai Elantra / Avante. EDIT: Spotted in India, Pics on Pg.3&5-hyundai-elantra-3.jpg
2012 Hyundai Elantra / Avante. EDIT: Spotted in India, Pics on Pg.3&5-hyundai-elantra-4.jpg

Source: ANYTHING ON WHEELS: All-new Hyundai Elantra caught testing near Chennai
Old 25th June 2012, 12:00   #133
Senior - BHPian

That car does hit the sweet spot. I really hope they bring it in soon. Knowing Hyundai it will have a lot of features.
Old 25th June 2012, 13:06   #134
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the pics arvi. Very good looking car the Elantra is! Hopefully they can get their pricing right and give the established D-segment players some serious heartburn.
razor4077 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2012, 06:15   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Very good looking car the Elantra is! Hopefully they can get their pricing right and give the established D-segment players some serious heartburn.
Going by the recent launches (i20 Facelift, Verna), I feel that Hyundai might get away with it even if they price the Elantra at a slight premium. But what they have to ensure is that it comes fully-loaded especially in the CRDi variants, that are expected to be very popular. Let's see how they play their cards.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks