Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2012, 11:27   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2012 Hyundai Elantra / Avante. EDIT: Spotted in India, Pics on Pg.3&5

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevilgautam View Post
yet another case of India getting downgraded cars. IMO the large MMI is / was the biggest attraction in the elantra's interiors.
What you are referring to is the Navigation system which is optional even in the US market, and no sir, India is not getting downgraded car because navigation is not there? Have you seen US specs? There we do not even have an option of Ventilated Seats, which seems is standard here in India.

It's not about downgrading it's about being Market Specific, and adding Ventilated seats is something I have been asking Mercedes - BMW to do since years but am Glad Hyundai realize how important it is to have your back dry and cool rather than sit on the seat and stare at some large LCD screen on the dash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
I feel Hyundai have taken the sharing of engines a but to far. The same 1.6 litre Diesel of the Verna is being used in the Elantra.
Thats ok,

Every car maker does it Mercedes C250CDI/E250CDI/S250CDI all same, yet all sell in pretty large numbers, if S-Class can be sold with a 2.1 Litre engine, the Elantra with 1.6 is absolutely fine.

Regards,
S350L-E240 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 10:58   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Thats no MMI sir. We get a basic CD USB ICE in India !
Knowing Hyundai i was expectin the MMI and a Sunroof on the top version.
Also disappointing to know is that the car handles like the Verna. I was expecting better as many of the US reviews say its a great car.
There is an article on ZEENEWS website about the launch of this car, supposedly in August.

Hyundai Elantra Fluidic to be launched in August

Looks like Hyundai is going to provide the touch screen infotainment system as well as the sunroof in India.
Old 9th July 2012, 11:07   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
There is an article on ZEENEWS website about the launch of this car, supposedly in August.

Hyundai Elantra Fluidic to be launched in August

Looks like Hyundai is going to provide the touch screen infotainment system as well as the sunroof in India.
Never ever trust ZEE News and their Automobile Journalism. One look at their car review show and you will know what i mean.
The Article shows an image of the US Spec Elantra and states that we will get a 1.8 Liter Diesel (incorrect as we are sure to get the 1.6 diesel from the verna).
The Test Car of Autocar did not have a Sunroof or a Touchscreen so I'm not expecting it to be a part of the car that will be launched in August.
Old 9th July 2012, 15:45   #154
BHPian

Brochure

courtesy motorbeam.
niv26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 16:24   #155
BHPian

While I am okay with the features (some + & -) I am not with the same engine and tune level. Manufacturers here often tend to ignore the core offering in an automobile (and its heart) - the engine! While the Verna engine is good for its segment, for the Elantra, it will be the second least powerful (after the Altis which IMO is daylight robbery - that bloody thing costs 18.4 OTR B'lore).

Even if you forget the relative figures, the heavier Elantra (more metal and more electronics = more weight) will definitely be slower and less efficient than the Verna. Unless the base Elantra starts below the top end Verna, the market should give it a thumbs down.
Old 9th July 2012, 16:25   #156
BHPian

Hyundai Elantra testdrive conducted at Udaipur on 5-8 July.

Launch around the corner.

Expect reviews to appear soon.

Last edited by phoenix_rising : 9th July 2012 at 16:26. Reason: addition
Old 9th July 2012, 16:47   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_rising View Post

its 9th , any news ??? eagerly waiting !!!
Old 10th July 2012, 09:59   #158
BHPian

Here's a link about Elantra on rediff.com today,

Hyundai Elantra makes a comeback - Rediff.com Business

Looks very VERNAISH to me. Maybe a Verna with Steroids...
Old 10th July 2012, 10:22   #159
BHPian

just read the news about Hyundai being sued for Elantra's (2011 & 2012 model) false mileage claim in US.
so thought of sharing with our team

follow the link to the news
Hyundai sued over Elantra fuel efficiency claim

Last edited by SAMUDRA : 10th July 2012 at 10:24.
Old 10th July 2012, 11:55   #160
BHPian

Hyundai sued over Elantra fuel efficiency claim in US!!

Hyundai sued over Elantra fuel efficiency claim

Hyundai Motor Co has been sued for allegedly misleading consumers sensitive to high gas prices that its popular 2011 and 2012 Elantra model is more fuel efficient than it actually is.

The lawsuit filed by the public interest group Consumer Watchdog claims that TV advertisements touting "the 40 Mile Per Gallon Elantra" reflected only highway mileage, not city or combined highway/city mileage.

It claimed that required disclosures of the estimated city mileage, 29 miles per gallon, appeared only briefly in "tiny, faint text" that viewers could not read without freezing their screens. Disclosures in magazine ads for the car were illegible or nonexistent, the complaint added.

The plaintiff, Louis Bird of Sacramento, California, claimed he would not have bought his 2011 Elantra but for Hyundai's advertising, and is paying more than he expected to refuel.

His lawsuit seeks class-action status and unspecified damages for alleged violations of California consumer protection and fraud laws. The lawsuit was filed on July 3 in a California state court in Sacramento.

Hyundai North America, in a statement, referred to tests by the government and three widely-read magazines that suggest the advertised fuel economy is realistic. The South Korean company did not specifically address allegations in the complaint that it should have made fuller disclosures in its advertising.
itsgeox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 12:07   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_rising View Post

Well, one of the Udaipur review is out A first drive report below:

Hyundai Elantra: First Drive Page - 1| ZigWheels.com

Quote:
In terms of driveability, the Elantra offers a well planted ride, which came as a pleasant surprise considering the fact that the company is known for their soft suspension set up which takes away from drive dynamics. While the ride quality is smooth, the car remains composed even at three digit speeds and at no time did it instill any nervousness. The steering is great to grip and is rather light at city speeds which is great while driving around town. On the highway the steering does firm up with higher speeds but I personally felt that it remained a little light. Regardless, the Elantra is a joy to drive.

Last edited by _raVan_ : 11th July 2012 at 12:34.
Old 11th July 2012, 21:54   #162
Senior - BHPian

Some interesting piece of new on the Fludic Elantra which has already been selling in the US for 1-2 years.

They were the first to claim 40 mpg in that segment and that helped rope in a lot of customers. As an 8-kmpl-i10-owner, I am keen to share this.

Hyundai sued over Elantra’s advertised fuel economy
Old 12th July 2012, 11:48   #163
BHPian

Interesting article.

But if we read the Reader comments, there are many who claim to get equal to or better than the figures Hyundai advertised.

Infact a comment from someone who works for Honda says the following:
"
Strange claim. We have both a 2012 Elantra (6MT) and a 2012 Civic (5MT) and the Elantra gets considerably better mileage. Every morning driving to work I get ~5.5L/100km in my Civic, but when I take my wife's Elantra I get 4.8-5.0. About 10% better (no doubt thanks to the tall 6th gear). I find we consistently achieve or exceed the published F/E rating in the Elantra.

Note; I work for Honda.
"

So i guess it depends upon a lot of factors. And then, just like ARAI ratings should one really go by the FE ratings?
Old 12th July 2012, 15:54   #164
BHPian

seeing the pictures posted in the Oncars.in website, i feel there is a lower end version of elantra also. I see key hole in one of the photo.

Hyundai Elantra Exterior Photos | Photos & Videos | Hyundai Elantra Cars | OnCars.in

http://www.oncars.in/Hyundai-cars/Hy...tra/11479808/2

Last edited by kdeepakk : 12th July 2012 at 15:55.
Old 12th July 2012, 16:57   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
seeing the pictures posted in the Oncars.in website, i feel there is a lower end version of elantra also. I see key hole in one of the photo.

Hyundai Elantra Exterior Photos | Photos & Videos | Hyundai Elantra Cars | OnCars.in

Hyundai Elantra Interior Photos | Photos & Videos | Hyundai Elantra Cars | OnCars.in

Yes indeed. No Start Stop or Leather.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks