Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2011, 20:43   #391
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The killer pricing of the Jazz facelift can now make us safely assume that Brio will come in the 4L - 5L bracket, or maybe a slight notch below.

which will bring it bang into the i10, Beat, Wagon R, etc. territory.
Exactly.

Honda has left us a huge clue here.

A clue on how the Brio might be priced. Now that the Jazz is available at 5.5 ex-showroom, Honda will have to introduce the Brio in the 3-5 lakh bracket. Now a Honda at that price will be an absolute deal-breaker.

If they do kit it well enough, the i10's success will be shortened a bit, I presume. The Beat will be hit too, and not only the Jazz, but also the Brio would take some customers away from Toyota showrooms across the country.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 20:43   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
IMO, AT is unlikely. Jazz is not having it. So, it's unlikely that they'll bring AT in the cheaper Brio.
Jazz At comes with 1.4 L abroad (they will not assemble a new engine for a negligible AT market). Brio CVT comes with the same 1.2 L. Launching Brio At should be simpler.
Old 18th August 2011, 22:14   #393
Senior - BHPian

I think it will be difficult as well as not worth for Brio to break down the 4L barrier. Honda cars are usually equipped with all the safety equipments through all the variants, and there is no way a ABS+airbags vehicle can cost under 4L. I think even humble spark barely manages to do so. Also, WagonR is not really in comparison of Brio because of 1L engine vs 1.2L engine. I think the prices will be starting around 4.25-4.5L.
Old 18th August 2011, 22:18   #394
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I think it will be difficult as well as not worth for Brio to break down the 4L barrier. Honda cars are usually equipped with all the safety equipments through all the variants, and there is no way a ABS+airbags vehicle can cost under 4L. I think even humble spark barely manages to do so. Also, WagonR is not really in comparison of Brio because of 1L engine vs 1.2L engine. I think the prices will be starting around 4.25-4.5L.
I don't see why it shouldn't.

In other developed auto-markets, it's mandatory for all cars to come with basic safety features like ABS and airbags, across the variants of that particular car.

In India, however, it's usually the top-of-the-line variant that gets airbags and ABS. Heck, on some it's optional!

So I believe that Honda should set an example to the other companies operating in India by introducing the base Brio with safety features that would deem it fit on foreign soil.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 22:42   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
A clue on how the Brio might be priced. Now that the Jazz is available at 5.5 ex-showroom, Honda will have to introduce the Brio in the 3-5 lakh bracket. Now a Honda at that price will be an absolute deal-breaker.

If they do kit it well enough, the i10's success will be shortened a bit, I presume.
+1. Brio if priced well will definitely shake the i10 market. It ll be interesting to see how Hyundai goes about with i10 and i20 in the next couple of months.
Old 18th August 2011, 23:20   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
+1. Brio if priced well will definitely shake the i10 market. It ll be interesting to see how Hyundai goes about with i10 and i20 in the next couple of months.
Yes, I feel same way too. Looks like Brio and new Jazz are out to strike a blow to i10 and i20 respectively. If the cars are evenly matched on pirce front then Hyundai badge is just no match for Honda badge.
Old 18th August 2011, 23:38   #397
Senior - BHPian

I must say the new Jazz prices knocked my estimates big time.. I was betting 5.99 till 6.99L and thought the base variant would be without airbags/ABS. But this coup by Honda is unbelievable - am yet to come to terms with it to be honest! Get ready for more dealerships and snob dilution but thats perfectly OK

I am brave enough to put a bet on Brio prices. I would say 4.25L base prices with POWER STEERING (shame on you, Liva).. 4.5L with ABS/Airbags and top end at 4.99L. My range is 4.25 till 4.99L
Old 19th August 2011, 19:10   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
I am brave enough to put a bet on Brio prices. I would say 4.25L base prices with POWER STEERING (shame on you, Liva).. 4.5L with ABS/Airbags and top end at 4.99L. My range is 4.25 till 4.99L
I think all variants will come with ABS/Airbags as it seems to be Honda's policy/philology to make/sell cars with basic safety.
Old 23rd August 2011, 22:41   #399
Team-BHP Support

Trivial, but just noticed! Honda India's website already has the Brio listed in the header
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-honda-search.jpg  

vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 08:35   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Trivial, but just noticed! Honda India's website already has the Brio listed in the header
You bet, Honda is really serious now. They are moving ahead at a brisk pace, and on a mission to take the market by storm.
You can even see interior and exterior pics, with a few details of the Brio too on the Indian website.
Old 24th August 2011, 13:37   #401
BHPian

Hi guys, looks like honda has a good product on its hands, though the rear of the car is not appealing what so ever to me (personal opinion). The interiors also look great and I noticed one thing while looking closely at the interior pics:

1) There is no heater in the car.
2) No option to direct the air to the windscreen.

See picture below(Pictures courtesy the internet where there are many of them around):

I was admiring the pictures of the interiors and then noticed there were no vents opening towards the windscreen like on other cars.
Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-003.jpg

Then I took a closer look and noticed that the vent knob only has to options, direct the air to the upper vents and the 2nd option to direct the air to the upper vents and the foot area. What are owners supposed to do when the windscreen fogs up during monsoons and in winter? As a potential customer i was quite disappointed.
Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-002.jpg

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Do make sure that you provide the references/original source for every piece of material that has been taken from another website/publication, to give credit to the original author.
Please PM us with the link / source so that we may edit the post and include it appropriately.

Last edited by .anshuman : 24th August 2011 at 13:41. Reason: see note in post
Old 24th August 2011, 13:57   #402
BANNED

@amrisharm; I hope you are wrong on both counts.

1. Heater: as you switch to warmer temperature the heater comes into play. There need not be a separate heater switch.

2. Vents: Look carefully, There is a significant gap between the glass and the top of the dash. expect air vents in between the two. Only the two way switch more circulation appears to be a bit against this.

Also, what market are the pics from? I see an AT shifter which seems to indicate that the car is not an India specific version. The interior are the first part to be customised under the 'horses for courses' theory.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 20:32   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@amrisharm; I hope you are wrong on both counts.

1. Heater: as you switch to warmer temperature the heater comes into play. There need not be a separate heater switch.

2. Vents: Look carefully, There is a significant gap between the glass and the top of the dash. expect air vents in between the two. Only the two way switch more circulation appears to be a bit against this.

Also, what market are the pics from? I see an AT shifter which seems to indicate that the car is not an India specific version. The interior are the first part to be customised under the 'horses for courses' theory.
Note to mods here is the link I got the picture from:
2011 Honda Brio City Car | Best Car Collections

I do hope you are right on both accounts. And I guess the pictures are from Thailand, but not very sure.The Thailand spec sheet mentions only air conditioning with no mention of Climate control or heater anywhere. Has anybody got any concrete information with regards to these 2 queries?
Old 24th August 2011, 20:59   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
I do hope you are right on both accounts. And I guess the pictures are from Thailand
It's got more to do with the angle of the picture i guess. I am sure they would have made a provision for defogging the windshield.
Talking about air con vents, i am rather unhappy with their positioning on the dash , especially with the ones on the left hand side.
Old 24th August 2011, 21:06   #405
Distinguished - BHPian

Just checked the Brio on Honda site. Though they proclaim it to be a 'prototype', I wonder if they are planning to bring in an AT too. Would be awesome!

About the defogger, indeed there is no option to direct the airflow to the windscreen! Just 2 settings - to direct the air to a)face only b) face and feet.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks