Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2013, 16:01   #6571
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

I'm probably selling a BMW 320d HR regd Highline edition done 4000 kms for 25L by the weekend to an individual buyer. I live in New Delhi. Its sadly the best offer I've got till now. Do you guys think I should hold on for longer or get rid of it?

Last edited by saketa : 31st January 2013 at 16:02. Reason: grammar
Old 31st January 2013, 16:44   #6572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketa View Post
I'm probably selling a BMW 320d HR regd Highline edition done 4000 kms for 25L by the weekend to an individual buyer. I live in New Delhi. Its sadly the best offer I've got till now. Do you guys think I should hold on for longer or get rid of it?
Hello saketa,
Sorry to say buddy,but premium cars lose value by the hour. If it's the best offer you've got till date,I see little reason in hoping for a better quote. So my suggestion would be to sell it off now.

Regards,
Varun
Old 31st January 2013, 17:00   #6573
BHPian

I have got my Scorpio VLX in November 2012, but now I see a long term travel oppurtunity on my way. If this is confirmed, and If I want get a car in US the only option I'm left with would be to sell off my brand new SCORPIO.

Mine is White VLX, done only 5000 kmts. Mfg October 2012, registered Nov 10th 2012.
I changed the stock speakers with Kicker Components in front and Infinity Oval speakers in the back. ( I may sell this, as I got stock speakers still with me)

Incase if I have sell, how much it would fetch?
Bought it for 12lks in Kerala. I will take the decision based on the market price.

Regards,
Rafi
Old 31st January 2013, 18:14   #6574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
I have got my Scorpio VLX in November 2012, Incase if I have sell, how much it would fetch?
Bought it for 12lks in Kerala. I will take the decision based on the market price.

Regards,
Rafi
Hello Rafi,
If this car would've been in Mumbai,it would've fetched max 10.5L. That's a direct hit of 1.5L.I don't know if Kerala would be any better. It's better if you sell your aftermarket speakers separately. Speakers will not add value to the car,unless you sell it to an audiophile.

Hope this helps,
Varun Nair
Old 1st February 2013, 14:15   #6575
BHPian

Quote:
If this is a 2012 old 3 then I believe that you are getting a great price for it.
Old 1st February 2013, 14:53   #6576
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You aren't really going to get much higher.

Why are you selling it so quick though?
Old 1st February 2013, 16:12   #6577
Senior - BHPian

Guys need your help:

What price can be expected for a white Oct-2011 Honda City V-MT in Chennai done very low kms (15000 or so), in brand-new condition (no scratches / dents etc) ? Insurance paid till Oct-13. Has aftermarket Yokohama tyres (low noise one - not sure which model) and art.leather seat covers + GPS.
Old 1st February 2013, 18:59   #6578
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a well kept 2002Ohc available, with cng.
Guy was over at my mechanic asking him to help sell it. Interiors checked out well, good shift action, good engine with minimal noise and vibrations,86k on the odo,with service history.
Very bad on pricing, he asked me for 2l.
2nd owner. If someone is interested, and can negotiate some sense into him, the car looked like a good buy. PM.
Old 1st February 2013, 19:14   #6579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Guys need your help:

What price can be expected for a white Oct-2011 Honda City V-MT in Chennai done very low kms (15000 or so), in brand-new condition (no scratches / dents etc) ? Insurance paid till Oct-13. Has aftermarket Yokohama tyres (low noise one - not sure which model) and art.leather seat covers + GPS.
Hello SB,
Considering the fact that prices in South India are generally higher that the rest of India,I believe that a good price would be around 7L, max 7.25L.

I would not pay a premium as the tyres have completed 30% of it's life (presuming that they were changed on day1 & avg. life of tyres as 50K's.), and art leather seat covers don't command a premium. Maybe the GPS, but that's about it.

BTW, how much is the seller quoting?

Hope this helps,
Varun Nair
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2013, 21:20   #6580
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, Varun. That was helpful. Owner has not quoted his price yet.
Old 1st February 2013, 22:36   #6581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi

There is a big difference in dealer and individual prices.
For my 2008 Tata indigo CS prices between dealer quotes and my eventual sale to an individual was almost 60k.
Just to add my NHC went for almost 70k more to an individual. My Palio 1.6 went for almost 80k more. So even in the 3 lakh bracket, the dealers make a Margin of more than 30%.
Old 2nd February 2013, 00:50   #6582
BHPian

Experts,

Need your opinion with car valuation please.

I am a - buyer
Chennai
Santro (not sure which model it is)- got tubeless tyres, rear washer/wiper, 4 p.windows, central locking etc.,
53K Kms run

Asking price is 2 lacs, I am sure it has to be negotiated. Did not check the vehicle yet but lets say in a reasonable condition.

I have setup a budget of 2.5lacs with not particular car in mind.

Please give your inputs. Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd February 2013, 07:37   #6583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBoyKK View Post
Experts,
I am a - buyer
Chennai
Santro (not sure which model it is)- got tubeless tyres, rear washer/wiper, 4 p.windows, central locking etc.,
53K Kms run
My sister sold off her 2006 santro, 1st owner, 22k kms run, accident free, front power windows etc for 1.75 to a dealer in Bangalore last year before the fuel price hike. You can use that as a ref. IMHO, petrol cars have fallen drastically in the market. Anything in the region of 1.5-1.6 in Chennai should be your quote.
On the other hand, look out for a good wagon R duo or swift at your price of 2.5 L. Maruti cars are relatively cheaper to maintain. Santro spares tends to cost more as time progresses. Not very reliable if you ask me.
Old 2nd February 2013, 11:30   #6584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBoyKK View Post
Experts,
I am a - buyer
Chennai
53K Kms run
Hello KK,
2L for a 7yr old Santro is anything but VFM. If the condition's good then max 1.6-1.75L. It appears to be a GLS model.

Hope this helps,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Santro spares tends to cost more as time progresses. Not very reliable if you ask me.
Hello hrman,
I beg to differ,buddy. I've had a Santro for 11 long years(2000-2011). In these 11 years, I never paid an unscheduled visit to the ASC. MY car was an epitome of reliability. And the spares was always cheap and easily available.

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2013, 19:14   #6585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Anything in the region of 1.5-1.6 in Chennai should be your quote.
On the other hand, look out for a good wagon R duo or swift at your price of 2.5 L.
Hrman, thanks for the prompt response. I will use that as a ref in my search definitely.
A question - I did come across W-R Duos and other CNGs, I gave them a pass thinking that
- maintaining them isn't easy, especially getting the gas filled up at an authorized station every time. I am not sure how many such gas stations Chennai has and where.
- the common perception that at the end (with a avg 10-15 KMs run a day and occassional h.ways) money spent petrol only will equal to spent on P+CNG. This is considering that gas prices too are going up. What is your opinion?
My idea is to have a 2-2.5 lac car, use it left and right, get wife thorough practice, get another one in few years, have both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello KK,
2L for a 7yr old Santro is anything but VFM. If the condition's good then max 1.6-1.75L. It appears to be a GLS model.
Varun, Thanks for the response. I now have an idea of where to star when negotiating.

Thanks again for taking time to respond, you both.

Last edited by BusyBoyKK : 2nd February 2013 at 19:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks