Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2012, 19:53   #5731
BHPian

Well I agree with the odo-reading but I doesn't make sense to buy a 2 year old car that too clocking so many miles! I would say check out some more cars before taking the decision.
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2012, 20:36   #5732
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
Well I agree with the odo-reading but I doesn't make sense to buy a 2 year old car that too clocking so many miles! I would say check out some more cars before taking the decision.
2+ years and 47K is perfectly normal for a diesel,i have 3 cars in front of me,under 3 years of age,and odo's standing at 90-95K kms,and these run perfectly fine.As a matter of fact diesel cars are meant to be driven.
Steering in a Linea,is slightly on the heavier side than competition,its hydraulic,so might be heavier than EPS.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2012, 20:48   #5733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
2+ years and 47K is perfectly normal for a diesel,i have 3 cars in front of me,under 3 years of age,and odo's standing at 90-95K kms,and these run perfectly fine.As a matter of fact diesel cars are meant to be driven.
Steering in a Linea,is slightly on the heavier side than competition,its hydraulic,so might be heavier than EPS.
Thanks for the insight Akshay.

I will get steering rechecked. What is your opinion on the price and the doubt about repainting the rear door after being hit by a stone?
Old 30th September 2012, 20:57   #5734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Thanks for the insight Akshay.

I will get steering rechecked. What is your opinion on the price and the doubt about repainting the rear door after being hit by a stone?
Price is slightly on higher side,should be at least 50K cheaper.
and a few dings are inevitable,if its not a major shunt,you can overlook it.
And i know 3 Lineas with Odo's at 70K,80K,and 93K.
All going strong,without even a clutch change.

Last edited by akshay4587 : 30th September 2012 at 20:58.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2012, 21:08   #5735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar
I have got a offer for Scorpio mHawk; year-2009; modelVLX; run-36k kms; owner quoting @ 8 Lacs. Is this a good deal ? Secondly I had a look at new Quanto today. It is C6 variant is costing @ 8.63 On road price. Which is the better offer?
Well I sold my 2011 Scorpio VLX AirBag model in May in Mumbai for 8.9lakhs, Car had run 23k kms, under warranty and in great condition. So I think 8lakhs is quite high for the 09 model. Consider a new Quanto if it suits your needs.
mohandasnikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2012, 22:32   #5736
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...they are not desperate neither in a hurry, so not a lot of room for negotiation....I was not shown the bills for its repairs. There was a No Claims Bonus in the latest insurance though.

What do you guys think? Shud I ask for more evidence? Does it look like a decent buy for 5.75-6lacs?
1. Why are they selling the car?
2. When did the damage happen & where was it repaired [in TA$$ or independent garage]?

I suggest you buy the car only after a thorough check on the dent repairs.

Quote:
The car has been serviced in August and all Fluids were changed including the power-steering oil....
This is unusual I guess! Why was the power steering fluid changed? And inspite of it, the steering is hard? Looks like the family was not keen on getting it sorted out? I kind of feel that they want to get rid of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
I have got a offer for Scorpio mHawk; year-2009; modelVLX; run-36k kms; owner quoting @ 8 Lacs. Is this a good deal ? Secondly I had a look at new Quanto today. It is C6 variant is costing @ 8.63 On road price. Which is the better offer?
Have you TDed Quanto? I guess that should help you finalize whether you want a Scorpio or Quanto.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 10:41   #5737
BHPian

I need your inputs on this offer. I've been offered a Sept 2008 Honda City S-A/T (The current generation) for Rs 6,00,000 /-. The car has clocked 58,600 kms and the car was registered in the name of a Software Company. The service history is maintained although the intervals are a little messed up. For eg, 40,000 km service was done at 44,000 km and the 45,000 km was done at 54,600 km.

The exterior of the car is absolutely scratchless and the only concern is that the rear bumper is very slightly misaligned. The color of the car is Silver and has good quality leather seats as well and is registered in Bangalroe itself. Do you think its worth going for ?
Old 1st October 2012, 12:20   #5738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohittunga View Post
I need your inputs on this offer. I've been offered a Sept 2008 Honda City S-A/T (The current generation) for Rs 6,00,000 /-. The car has clocked 58,600 kms and the car was registered in the name of a Software Company.
Hello Rohit,

The price is on the higher side. I was recently getting 2007 Honda City (Manual transmission) for approx Rs. 3.25 lacs in Mumbai. I will not valuate the Car for more than Rs. 5 lacs. Also are you willing to buy a Petrol AT Car (with low mileage) given the current Petrol prices?

As the Car is company registered & has already done 59000 kms I will suggest not going for it. Also as the service history is also little messed & most probably the car would have been driven by number of drivers.

Thanks,
Old 1st October 2012, 13:17   #5739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I need your inputs on this offer. I've been offered a Sept 2008 Honda City S-A/T (The current generation) for Rs 6,00,000 /-. The car has clocked 58,600 kms and the car was registered in the name of a Software Company. The service history is maintained although the intervals are a little messed up. For eg, 40,000 km service was done at 44,000 km and the 45,000 km was done at 54,600 km.

The exterior of the car is absolutely scratchless and the only concern is that the rear bumper is very slightly misaligned. The color of the car is Silver and has good quality leather seats as well and is registered in Bangalroe itself. Do you think its worth going for ?
Price is too high.
Here upnorth 4 year old ANHC's are going for 4-4.5L.
even in bangalore,not a dime more than 4.75-5L
Old 1st October 2012, 13:26   #5740
BHPian

Quote:
I need your inputs on this offer. I've been offered a Sept 2008 Honda City S-A/T (The current generation) for Rs 6,00,000 /-. The car has clocked 58,600 kms and the car was registered in the name of a Software Company.
Too high a price for a 2008 Honda City. Price really should ideally be between 4.5 & 4.75 lacs. Prices in Delhi for a similar model would be somewhere between 4.25 & 4.5L

Though if the car has been kept in a real immaculate condition then i guess a premium of Rs. 25K at best maybe justified. 5 Lacs at best i say !!

Good luck
Old 1st October 2012, 17:01   #5741
BHPian

Even I had the same doubt as you guys. I thought that since the price of new cars are the most in Bangalore, the price of used cars will also depreciate correspondingly. Moreover, the service history was really messed up which probably hints at the fact that the car was treated like an expensive cab for the company executives.

@Jignesh: My original plan was to buy an automatic car that is still in production and convert it to LPG as it will be used by my father.
Anyways, will be hunting for a better deal.

I thank you all for your valuable input. I'll give this car a miss

Btw, this is the picture of the car. Its currently residing at Toyota's U Trust used car showroom
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-86616_20120926114500502_640x428.jpg
Old 1st October 2012, 17:07   #5742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Jignesh: My original plan was to buy an automatic car that is still in production and convert it to LPG as it will be used by my father.
Anyways, will be hunting for a better deal.
Hello Rohit,

Yes the Car looks really good from outside but as confirmed by others Rs. 6 lacs is too much for this Car. Generally the Company (Maruti / Toyota, etc) certified used cars are priced 10% higher than market prices, but here the price is too high. Also considering the CNG / LPG conversion cost, the total cost to you will be too much on the higher side.

Just keep on hunting, there are many high end petrol cars available at used car dealers.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 20:43   #5743
BHPian

Thanks YashD, SwiftnFurious, Akshay and others for your insight on the Linea deal.

While that is on the back burner till I get the history of repairs, I need you thoughts on this ad http://www.carwale.com/used/cardetails.aspx?car=S330114

I am checking the car tomorrow, but what should ideally be a good price with service history is clean for this Manza?

I will keep you posted on whats th outcome tomorrow.

Thanks again
Old 1st October 2012, 21:15   #5744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster

While that is on the back burner till I get the history of repairs, I need you thoughts on this ad http://www.carwale.com/used/cardetails.aspx?car=S330114

I am checking the car tomorrow, but what should ideally be a good price with service history is clean
I have very recently sold a 2011 manza and mine was a delhi registered top model of the manza. 5.25 lacs is about 50-60k too much for this one i believe.

Tata has a terrible resale value with not many people looking for a used tata car, no number of accessories seem to help in tata's case it seemed to me.

For this particular car 4.5 should be a good deal, in case the car is really well maintained one can add about 20-25k for the condition of the vehicle
Prodigyy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2012, 09:52   #5745
Senior - BHPian

Guys
i am looking for a budget diesel hatch between 3.5-4 lakhs. the swifts/ritz are too expensive. Palios and Indica Vistas are fitting my budget ( i also want to go for only max 5 yr old cars and not driven >50000kms )

between Palios and Vistas, which is a better bet ?

saw listings for a 2008/2009 Palio 1.3MJD for around 3.5lakhs. Is this a good buy ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks