Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2015, 12:21   #10936
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hi Guys,
I am planning to sell my 2013 Skoda Rapid Elegance 1.6TDi which has done about 17K kms. Mostly used to drop my daughter to school and the occasional trip. It has leather seats, a touchscreen with navigation, a rear spoiler, upgraded speaker system, reverse camera with sensors, 3M CR70 sun film all around including front windshield, and I have a 3M annual care package. The car is in very good condition baring the usual biker scratches that happen in BLR traffic. I am expecting about 8.5L to 8.75L. Is this fair?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd December 2015 at 12:26. Reason: No proxy selling please. Thanks!
Old 2nd December 2015, 12:34   #10937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
What should have been a good price to pay for this??
Why don't you tell us how much you sealed the deal for?? That will be useful for people reading the forum, who are looking out for similar vintage Swifts.
Old 2nd December 2015, 12:43   #10938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Hey,
First of all, I'd say stay away from the civic. Pretty poor low end and low clearance are some of the things you'd be knowing. Fiesta is a good buy but 5 may be a squeeze,not the most spacious car around. Altis would've been perfect but you mentioned that its hard to come by so I'll leave that there. Try these- SX4 Vvt and Linea tjet. They aren't the most fuel efficient though.
I'm aware of the low end woes of the Civic. However, it can be remapped for a better low end. There are a couple of Civics available up to 4 lac. So I can allocate a further 40-50 grands for remap and purposes. But the GC problem would prevail.

5 in the new Fiesta is a squeeze, but definitely okay in the Classic. But then the Classics are notorious for unreliable head gaskets.

The T-Jet actually delivers good economy. A couple of BHPians could manage up to 16-17. But it is again a cramped car at the rear.

All in all, the Corolla looks to be the best of the short listed. Would wait for December to end. Will expand my search to Pune thereafter.
Old 2nd December 2015, 14:42   #10939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
I'm aware of the low end woes of the Civic.
But the GC problem would prevail.
Aren't there after market mods to increase the ground clearance?
Old 2nd December 2015, 22:44   #10940
BHPian

Hi Guys,

A used car dealer is quoting 9.1 lacs for a late 2011 2.4 Accord MT, run 60k kms, well maintained, scratch less, new tires, full service history etc. What is a good price to pay for this car. I found 9+ to be on the higher side.
Old 3rd December 2015, 04:25   #10941
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am looking for buying a Civic. Will it make sense to wait till 2016 before I buy the car. Will the difference be substantial or shall I buy the car now only ?
Old 3rd December 2015, 05:00   #10942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hi Guys,

I am looking for buying a Civic. Will it make sense to wait till 2016 before I buy the car. Will the difference be substantial or shall I buy the car now only ?

Are you waiting for the new civic to be launched ?

That might shoot up the prices in used car market.

If you want to buy it, go ahead.
Old 3rd December 2015, 09:29   #10943
BHPian

How much should I pay for 2 year old skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI that has run 6000 kms. what price would be a great deal for me, what price will be a decent deal for me.
Old 3rd December 2015, 10:40   #10944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent Martin View Post
How much should I pay for 2 year old skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI that has run 6000 kms. what price would be a great deal for me, what price will be a decent deal for me.
Precisely around 15 lacs for this vehicle. I am on similar lookout and was offered a 1.4TSi for 13 lacs.
Ensure that the warranty continues into your name since it is just 2 yrs old car.
anup7649 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 13:00   #10945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank0782 View Post
Are you waiting for the new civic to be launched ?

That might shoot up the prices in used car market.

If you want to buy it, go ahead.
Is it being launched again by Honda ? I was just checking if buying a used car after the year changes would make any substantial difference in the resale of old cars.
Old 3rd December 2015, 13:22   #10946
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is it being launched again by Honda ? I was just checking if buying a used car after the year changes would make any substantial difference in the resale of old cars.
The actual sale date of your car stays the same, resale will keep adding number of users don't think it makes any difference which year the cars changed hands.
Old 3rd December 2015, 18:18   #10947
BHPian

Quote:

I read at few places that India bound 2016 Civic revealed, but cant say confidently.

Not wise to wait until we have some authentic confirmation.

Thats the reason I suggested to go ahead with the purchase.
Old 4th December 2015, 12:48   #10948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
I'm aware of the low end woes of the Civic. However, it can be remapped for a better low end. There are a couple of Civics available up to 4 lac. So I can allocate a further 40-50 grands for remap and purposes. But the GC problem would prevail.

5 in the new Fiesta is a squeeze, but definitely okay in the Classic. But then the Classics are notorious for unreliable head gaskets.

The T-Jet actually delivers good economy. A couple of BHPians could manage up to 16-17. But it is again a cramped car at the rear.

All in all, the Corolla looks to be the best of the short listed. Would wait for December to end. Will expand my search to Pune thereafter.
I don't think that remaps on a petrol NA engine are worth it, especially on something like Civic's R18. Even if they are effective, its very unlikely that you would experience the improvements in the lower end. Best way to improve low end would be an upgraded exhaust.
Tjet is very hard to drive sedately .
Don't look at the newer fiesta's then. The rear seat is very cramped and the petrol isn't very popular.
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 13:01   #10949
BHPian

I have 2012 , KA-05 registered Innova GX (7 seater,diesel) , 90K on the ODO , I am curious to know how much it would fetch if I sell it. It is well maintained, the bumper is a bit damaged (will get that repaired / replaced ). The car is accident free. Has some parking lot scratches here and there.
Old 4th December 2015, 15:14   #10950
BHPian

Bought a 2006 Honda City ZX EXI with 71000KM Single Owner with all the service history and Original Vehicle Invoice. Accessories like reverse sensor and central locking and Alpine stereo, Front windshield with Garware light tint glass. Goodyear tyre has decent life left for 10000-15000 KM. Genuine Owner direct purchase from a BPCL Manager.
The car was on comprehensive insurance with 35 % NCB but the owner is buying a new S Cross so he want to retain the NCB . So gave me with new 3rd party insurance.

Damage to the pocket: 3 Lakhs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks