Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2021, 23:51   #14881
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

I'm also looking at option 2 as well. But can you pls let me know if 10.2 is fair for 4 year old Duster ?

Also why there is discrepancy between IBV, CarDekho Prices ?
Old 2nd October 2021, 02:17   #14882
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz2010 View Post
I'm also looking at option 2 as well. But can you pls let me know if 10.2 is fair for 4 year old Duster ?

Also why there is discrepancy between IBV, CarDekho Prices ?
The used car prices dont really have a yardstick to measure things. End of the day, if you can get it for a price you are comfortable with, then that's what matters. Though, pls remember - buying or selling a used car will most times leave a feeling that the price could have been more in your favour.

All the Best. If you want to get it - then do it quick. You have the weekend on your hands, right now.

Go with your inner voice - try for the best price, and hope things work out for both of you.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 11:28   #14883
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz2010 View Post
Please help to close my search for pre-worshipped C-SUV.
+1 on what @condor suggested

With regards to the price, you'll always find better and worse off options in the market the longer you keep searching.

Somebody on the forum had once shared this below pricing tactic - while it's quite aggressive if you consider popular cars (selling well), it's a good benchmark to have considering what the owner is looking at from his point.

Quote:
Depreciation thumb rule for under 15L cars
End of first year 15%
End of second year 25%
End of third year 35%
End of fourth year 40-45%
Start with OBV as bottom value and then see how much you can negotiate from the higher price(s) quoted by the owner. Have a mid-way figure in mind and decide basis your negotiations - the figure you decide will be different from what another bhpian will have (and so on).
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 13:22   #14884
BHPian

Hi fellow members. Hope everyone is fine and taking care of themselves.

Car in question: Ford Ecosport tdci (titanium)
Single owner, registered December 2016.
Kilometres run: 52,000
Car seems to be well maintained & has service history.

What is a fair price for the car? The owner is asking 5 lacs which I find to be too high.

Please advise. Cheers!
Old 7th October 2021, 15:18   #14885

Hi all,

I am planning to upgrade my drive, i.e., Ford Aspire TDCI (Silver colour, Titanium), 2017 model, run 24300 km as of now, KA registered and has an extended warranty and comprehensive insurance until September 2022. Mahindra are quoting 5 lac for exchange of Bolero Neo W8. As my vehicle is spick and span, I am a little sceptical about the value quoted. How much can I expect for my drive?

Regards
Old 7th October 2021, 20:12   #14886
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John316_WRC View Post
What is a fair price for the car? The owner is asking 5 lacs which I find to be too high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion41 View Post
Ford Aspire TDCI (Silver colour, Titanium), 2017 model, run 24300 km
Mahindra are quoting 5 lac. I am a little sceptical about the value quoted. How much can I expect for my drive?
The difference between a buyer and seller. 2 similar cars. From different categories, different aspirational value. But both unhappy. Surely used car buying and selling is a pain.
wildsdi5530 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 12:51   #14887
HBK

Quote:
Originally Posted by John316_WRC View Post
Car seems to be well maintained & has service history.

That's a great price.

I am also getting offer for Ford Ecosport Titanium plus Diesel, single owner, April 2017 registered in NCR , 50000kms run. Although in my case the owner is asking 6.5 lacs.
What would be the fair price guys?
Also considering Ford's exit is it worth going for it?
HBK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 22:57   #14888
BHPian

Need experts' advice here.

The following two are online classifieds in Bangalore right now. They are each for 2017 Hyundai Elantra SX(O)s, similar mileage etc, but with significant difference in prices:

Both are dealer sales, one with precarmart, the other with cars24.

Name:  Screenshot 20211011 at 10.44.02 PM.png
Views: 397
Size:  353.5 KB

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-screenshot-20211011-10.44.43-pm.png

What gives?
PS: I added screenshots rather than URLs, since URLs eventually get taken down.
dust-n-bones is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 10:35   #14889
BHPian

Can someone tell me what's a reasonable asking price for a Jeep Compass. There are two promising options available in Bangalore as given below:

Jeep Compass 2.0 Limited Option 4x4
  • Manufacturing: May, 2018
  • Kilometers: 24,500km
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Owner: First (company owned)
  • Asking Price: Rs. 18.75L (negotiable)
  • Reason for selling is that they're going for a luxury car and there is a parking problem at their residence. The car is sold by a freelance dealer, so his commission will be additional to the deal price (2% borne by both parties).

Jeep Compass 2.0 Longitude Option
  • Manufacturing: Dec, 2017; registered in Mar, 2018
  • Kilometers: 22,000km
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Owner: First (company owned), the car is owned by Orix but the owner is saying that they'll transfer directly to my name. He has done all the due payments to Orix to transfer ownership.
  • Asking Price: Rs. 16.75L (not very willing to negotiate below this as he's saying he's happy to keep it as is)
  • Reason for selling is that he wants to get a higher variant of Jeep with the sunroof (son pestering) in his company's lease program. Chap is happy to retain the car if he's not happy with the price offered as he sees no other to sell this.

I've not checked both cars in person. Will be doing that this weekend. However, what's a reasonable price I should have in my mind?

Last edited by krishnakumar : 14th October 2021 at 10:36.
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 11:44   #14890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust-n-bones View Post
Need experts' advice here.

The following two are online classifieds in Bangalore right now. They are each for 2017 Hyundai Elantra SX(O)s, similar mileage etc, but with significant difference in prices:
I have seen a couple of classifieds on cars24. A general observation is that cars24 prices are a lot more realistic, not overly inflated like the used car dealers in Bangalore. As long as the Elantra from cars24 is not an accident vehicle, the price seems very good considering the low mileage.
Don't be surprised if the same car appears under a used car dealership in some time for 17 lakhs.
Meph1st0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 11:52   #14891
Senior - BHPian

For the past few weeks I was seeing a Cars 24 banner on my screen inviting me to evaluate my used car, which I was ignoring. But last week in a moment of weakness I clicked it, curious to know how much my 2009 Alto will fetch. To my surprise the valuation was 1.65 to 1.75 lacs, subject to inspection of car! I closed the tab.

From then on every day for w few days I received a call as to when I intend to sell it. I said I have no such intention as of now and stopped taking the calls. But I still receive sms with the same query!
Old 14th October 2021, 12:44   #14892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph1st0 View Post
I have seen a couple of classifieds on cars24. A general observation is that cars24 prices are a lot more realistic, not overly inflated like the used car dealers in Bangalore. As long as the Elantra from cars24 is not an accident vehicle, the price seems very good considering the low mileage.
Don't be surprised if the same car appears under a used car dealership in some time for 17 lakhs.
Thank you. I agree about cars24. Though its a little odd for dealers like precarmart to assume that buyers planning a 17-odd lakh purchase with them will not perform even basic due diligence.
Old 16th October 2021, 22:53   #14893
BHPian

Need some advice from fellow Bhpians.

Car in question: Wagon R 1.0 VXI, KA 05 Registration
December 2010 manufactured, 2011 Registered
Driven: 54k kilometers, 1st Owner
Asking Price: 2.75L negotiated down to 2.6L
Comprehensive Insurance Available until August 2022
Service Records Available (Front suspension arm assembly for both sides were replaced in March 2018)

My sister and I have been searching for her 1st car in this budget for the past few weeks and this seems to be the best I have come across, rest in the similar budget are mostly LXI's.
Checked the car in person, no rust, no suspension noise, engine idling is fine, gear box slots in fine, tires however will be due for change in the next 7-8k kms at best, overall looks to be in good condition.
OBV value coincides with the final asking price.
What do you all think?

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-whatsapp-image-20211016-11.01.24-pm-1.jpeg

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-whatsapp-image-20211016-11.01.24-pm.jpeg

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-whatsapp-image-20211016-11.01.25-pm.jpeg

Last edited by Ashkait Kapoor : 16th October 2021 at 23:05. Reason: Attaching Pictures
Ashkait Kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 18:15   #14894
BHPian

Hello friends,
Can someone suggest me realistic price for my Linea T-Jet Emotion Executive (top one with leather interiors, back sensors, auto headlight/HVAC) 44k+ km, I am 2nd owner, bought it last year from a very well known family friend who went abroad to his children. I am unable to use the vehicle much due to back issues and now I am away to my home town. The vehicle as such is perfect except back left power window issue, which I have not checked but was told by my wife. Tyres are Michelin XM2 changed 10k Back. The car as such is in great shape. Always maintained at the service centre. Two keys, all original booklets etc.

I had bought the car with great enthusiasm as I have known the vehicle since it was bought and fiats are known for their driving dynamics. But flaring up of my back issues on driving a manual car caused me to shift to my Automatic Yaris while my wife used Linea for her home-hospital runs. Meanwhile, my family work has forced me to be away from my workplace and now the car is laying idle throughout the week and taken out by my wife on Sundays only. Even she loves Automatic over manual. I am of view that the car will be spoilt is laying idle for long periods of time as my family work will take another year or so and hence thinking of selling it.
drsnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 18:34   #14895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post

Jeep Compass 2.0 Limited Option 4x4
  • Manufacturing: May, 2018
  • Kilometers: 24,500km
  • Asking Price: Rs. 18.75L (negotiable)

Jeep Compass 2.0 Longitude Option
  • Manufacturing: Dec, 2017; registered in Mar, 2018
  • Kilometers: 22,000km
  • Asking Price: Rs. 16.75L (not very willing to negotiate below this as he's saying he's happy to keep it as is)
The quoted price for both the cars are at higher end, the Longitude option being much more so. I would take that out of contention unless the owner is willing to negotiate well on the price.

The Limited Option is a more enticing option, especially since it's 4x4 and the owner is open to negotiation as well. A decent price for this would be around 1.5L lesser, given that the condition of the car is good and proper service history is available.

Take into consideration the vehicle being under extended warranty as well.
deltasierra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks