Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2006, 10:42   #46
Senior - BHPian

not really. Sales will be low unless HM takes some good marketing plans in hand.

even now more than half the people are unaware about the invecs availability.

about cedia selling in thousands, lemme ask you.

would you buy a cedia if it gives more bang for the buck than civic?
Old 5th January 2006, 11:00   #47
BANNED

Dammit! Every time I think I've settled on a car to buy, something like this comes up! Devarshi, are there any hard facts about the 1.6 litre Lancer? Cause I can't keep postponing buying a new car, but I'll kick myself if I buy a Baleno or something, and the next month a more powerful Lancer rolls out!
Old 5th January 2006, 11:20   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
@Mpower: well, i guess that would put the evo in the 25 lac category then now, wouldn't it....but methinks there would be a lot of customers for the evo, even at c-class price; unless the 3-series come in at competitive rates of course....
given the choice, what would you pick..?

as for the cedia, ther's no doubt that it's a good car; but all boils down to the pricing- at 10 lacs or below, i see the cedia selling in thousands. at 12, in hundreds...
I would surely pick the 3-Series !Still do not know anything about the car's final spec and at what price they are going to sell it.
@Boom Shiva, the dealers in B'lore still have no news on the 1.6 Lancer.
Old 5th January 2006, 11:42   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Dammit! Every time I think I've settled on a car to buy, something like this comes up! Devarshi, are there any hard facts about the 1.6 litre Lancer? Cause I can't keep postponing buying a new car, but I'll kick myself if I buy a Baleno or something, and the next month a more powerful Lancer rolls out!

I haved gone through this buddy. I bought my 1.5 and the next month the invecs was out.

Not much info except what you find here.

But it will be here before april2006 for sure. Because Mitsubishi is supposed to release 6 models by June 2006.
Old 7th January 2006, 02:14   #50
Senior - BHPian

any1 driven the new cedia yet? I would love to listen to a firsthand experience from a team-bhp member.
Old 9th January 2006, 15:25   #51
BHPian

The smiling grill on the CEDIA fails to impress...I really wish HM-MITSUBISHI does a revamp on the front...its kinda girlish face..and I don't know why it makes me think of the INDICA.
Old 10th January 2006, 00:28   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight
The smiling grill on the CEDIA fails to impress...I really wish HM-MITSUBISHI does a revamp on the front...its kinda girlish face..and I don't know why it makes me think of the INDICA.

I don think so. Yes but the new 2006 grille on the N.american lancer is a real looker.

and

has any1 driven the cedia yet??????
Old 10th January 2006, 05:53   #53
Senior - BHPian

Cedia official release date is out.

The car will be put on sale on 12th January 2006.

http://www.way2wealth.com/news/news_...97ad3b75cfb764

corollas better watch out.
Old 10th January 2006, 06:56   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
@Mpower: well, i guess that would put the evo in the 25 lac category then now, wouldn't it....but methinks there would be a lot of customers for the evo, even at c-class price; unless the 3-series come in at competitive rates of course....
given the choice, what would you pick..?
Few years ago, I would have picked the EVO, but today I'd go for the 3. But you get only a 325 for that price.
Old 10th January 2006, 19:57   #55
Senior - BHPian

lancer cedia all set for launch at auto expo after receiving homologation certificate.

here is the feature set. lets see how corolla beats it in features.

The new Lancer Cedia has a 2.0 litre 16 Valve, ECI MULTI engine equipped with 32 bit Microprocessor which meets emission regulations and provides best in class fuel economy. High torque (175Nm @ 4250 rpm) combined with 5 Speed Manual transmission with perfect gear ratio and 15" tubeless tires provide for excellent vehicle drive ability. Along with variable power assisted steering, all wheel independent suspension with front & rear stabilizer bar and all wheel disc brakes give superb handling and stability.

The car also features ABS with EBD for best braking performance, SRS Airbags + Seatbelts with pre-tensioner and force limiter.

It has a structurally rigid RISE body design. And comes in two tone beige color interior with wood / titanium print panels and leather upholstery.

for more info

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/1...,00020010.htm:)

now its certainly a winner if HM prices it correctly.
Old 15th January 2006, 03:47   #56
Senior - BHPian

words from an HM spokesperson on the current lancer.

"We are redoing Lancer. Over the next few months, the new Lancer will be ready, it will be refreshingly different," the official added."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...95,curpg-2.cms
Old 15th January 2006, 07:46   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
has any1 driven the cedia yet??????
I have. Its a boring car and one that fails to impress on any count. It probably handles a little better than the old Corolla (I havent driven the 'new improved' version) but thats about it - that Toyota 1.8 is still a screamer when compared to the Mitsubishi. Also think the Corolla and the Civic use interior space better. The interiors are also very very dowdy but one doesnt know what trim is headed towards this country.

Last edited by Steeroid : 15th January 2006 at 07:55.
Old 21st January 2006, 03:27   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I have. Its a boring car and one that fails to impress on any count. It probably handles a little better than the old Corolla (I havent driven the 'new improved' version) but thats about it - that Toyota 1.8 is still a screamer when compared to the Mitsubishi. Also think the Corolla and the Civic use interior space better. The interiors are also very very dowdy but one doesnt know what trim is headed towards this country.

ya I know. Its boring, its bad and its not going to sell.
Old 21st January 2006, 13:53   #59
Senior - BHPian

Sad but true Mistubishi always loses in the BHP race. The Lancer was just 87 bhp even an Esteem would out do it at half the price. Now the Cedia is onlly 115 BHP with no strong point other then FE(where the 1.9TDi is a winner, it gives marginally better FE then the others) And the biggest dissapointment is the Cedia is redlined at 6000RPM:WTF:
Old 22nd January 2006, 00:08   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Sad but true Mistubishi always loses in the BHP race. The Lancer was just 87 bhp even an Esteem would out do it at half the price. Now the Cedia is onlly 115 BHP with no strong point other then FE(where the 1.9TDi is a winner, it gives marginally better FE then the others) And the biggest dissapointment is the Cedia is redlined at 6000RPM:WTF:
With 115bhp, the Cedia is not even as powerful as the old Lancer 1.8 and more expensive. I bet even God dosen't know what those guys at HM-Mitsubishi are thinking!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks