Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2006, 23:51   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine
Seen the Cedia. Looks pretty neat. The sports trim is a notch above. Looks amazing in the yellow and red shade. Even the black looks good on it. Its got skirting all around with a decent spoiler. The interiors are a crossover between the Evo and our apna Indian Lancer.

The Elegant on the other hand is a simplified version,but anyday better than the Corolla. Both are priced at 11.24lacs on road Mumbai.

But i see the sports selling in much higher numbers. Metro Motors has already booked close to 200 Cedia's.

X

have you test driven the car? whats your impression about the car. Is the fit and finish decent compared to competition?
Old 24th February 2006, 07:32   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
negative. they would be street legal. This ralliart shops are here in N.America all around.

even Nissan's NISMO, GM's Goodwrench and other companies performance stores are making good green bucks here.

exactly what I was thinking .... subaru's prodrive , mini's JCW ...
there should be a ralliart shop to retune the engines..
why doesn't HM just wake up and try to get something done.. they are just so silly ..even after having such rally racing background see what we get ..OH MY GAWD ..A CEDIA ...
why dont they just get a base model out with 1.8ltr engine with no power windows, central locking, music system or AC... just a 1.8 liter 125 BHP engine with a manual gearbox, a bigger spoiler and the same looks as the 1.5. they can call it the "rally sport" edition.. Im sure every lancer evo or rally freak will buy it immediately !! its a simple idea ..HM is definately blind .. if not blind then definately there are having some guyz in their system with mental issues who dont realise LANCER= EVO=RALLY=SPORTS ... *** .. just give us 1 model with a powerfull engine minus the luxury, they can go around selling the other models to the remaining segment ...

Last edited by Aditya : 24th February 2006 at 07:53.
Old 24th February 2006, 08:03   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda

exactly what I was thinking .... subaru's prodrive , mini's JCW ...
there should be a ralliart shop to retune the engines..
why doesn't HM just wake up and try to get something done.. they are just so silly ..even after having such rally racing background see what we get ..OH MY GAWD ..A CEDIA ...
why dont they just get a base model out with 1.8ltr engine with no power windows, central locking, music system or AC... just a 1.8 liter 125 BHP engine with a manual gearbox, a bigger spoiler and the same looks as the 1.5. they can call it the "rally sport" edition.. Im sure every lancer evo or rally freak will buy it immediately !! its a simple idea ..HM is definately blind .. if not blind then definately there are having some guyz in their system with mental issues who dont realise LANCER= EVO=RALLY=SPORTS ... *** .. just give us 1 model with a powerfull engine minus the luxury, they can go around selling the other models to the remaining segment ...

my thoughts exactly about HM. they are stupid and they think they can get good sales.

They should bring in a base model with design my car stuff, where a person can configure his car his way for power luxury or plain utility.
Old 24th February 2006, 11:24   #124
BANNED

I agree. The Lancer is pretty refined, but the lack of performance can really put you off after a while. Mitsubishi needs to wake up and ditch HM.
Old 24th February 2006, 11:45   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
I agree. The Lancer is pretty refined, but the lack of performance can really put you off after a while. Mitsubishi needs to wake up and ditch HM.

HM better stick to manufacturing parts for other companies. anyways their chunk of the revenue comes not from cars but from making parts for other companies.
Old 3rd March 2006, 09:36   #126
Senior - BHPian

saw the So called cedia in Yellow today.

Must say it looks good. I am personally not in favour of the sober looks but this one had white lights, and a diferent set of rear lights. Also some stickers.

but the best of all was this part:- this car had only front alloys and the rear were steel wheels. I have seen this kind of setup on various cars here but never knew the reason behind this.
Old 3rd March 2006, 14:02   #127
BHPian

As far as i think....the cedia is more in competition with the corolla rather than the city.....but i think that cedia cannot be tat influencial beacuse the cedia is small in size compared to the corolla or any toher car in tis segmant......

Also as far as i know the cedia is gonna be priced at sumwhere around 9.87 lacs(ex-show room)but the best part is that both the sports and the normal elegance versions are priced the same.....

in elegance the interiors are wood trim n the sports version has sprorty front bumper,side skirts and a spoiler......
Old 3rd March 2006, 20:02   #128
BHPian

If you go by dimensions, cedia is bigger than corolla.. infact its the biggest in its class..
Old 3rd March 2006, 20:18   #129
Senior - BHPian

Red looks deadly.I didnt like teh headlight initially, but when I saw the red car, it was gr8, kind of sporty and mean.
Old 3rd March 2006, 22:09   #130
BHPian

Well I happened to have seen many Cedia's i.e. th enew version of Lancer back in Dubai..............some how didn't look much appealing to me.

Lets wait and watch how is the performance!
Old 4th March 2006, 04:13   #131
Senior - BHPian

I just noticed that the rear lights are different looking on both the versions and the sports version has a steel and carbon finish console.

seems nice but quality is a suspect.
Old 4th March 2006, 04:51   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
but the best of all was this part:- this car had only front alloys and the rear were steel wheels. I have seen this kind of setup on various cars here but never knew the reason behind this.
Never seen anything like this before. Are you sure it comes this way from the company?
Old 4th March 2006, 15:22   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Never seen anything like this before. Are you sure it comes this way from the company?

Seen various cars like this here. Most of them from the GM stable. Also saw sme Acuras with the same kind of setup.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 4th March 2006 at 15:23.
Old 4th March 2006, 15:55   #134
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Seen the car on mytrip to Mangalore. Must say it does look good. The Sport model looks striking in the red and yellow colors. The base version looks too bland and does not look like a 10L car. Here's a pic ofthe red Cedia Sports :

Old 4th March 2006, 16:14   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12
Seen the car on mytrip to Mangalore. Must say it does look good. The Sport model looks striking in the red and yellow colors. The base version looks too bland and does not look like a 10L car. Here's a pic ofthe red Cedia Sports :

looks best when viewed head on. Red is in my drool lost
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks