Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2006, 03:26   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya
With 115bhp, the Cedia is not even as powerful as the old Lancer 1.8 and more expensive. I bet even God dosen't know what those guys at HM-Mitsubishi are thinking!

I think they have over worked what with 6 models in the line to be released.

But I am confused because the roadtests and first drives done by all the magz and all the websites have the power marked at 125bhp. and now HM is bringing in a new number to play with. DO you suppose we should wait until the website is up?
Old 23rd January 2006, 17:18   #62
BHPian

well, another car manufacturer thinking that Indians are Indians, and can do with any kinda Sh*t u throw at them! buggerz! why do they keep derpiving us of power! unke baap ka kya jaaega agar hume 10 bhp aur dede to!
Old 24th January 2006, 02:39   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
well, another car manufacturer thinking that Indians are Indians, and can do with any kinda Sh*t u throw at them! buggerz! why do they keep derpiving us of power! unke baap ka kya jaaega agar hume 10 bhp aur dede to!

If the bhp figure is 115 then I am with you this time buddy
Old 24th January 2006, 10:56   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
If the bhp figure is 115 then I am with you this time buddy
Well, the ad is out this morning and it says 115 bhp! For the life of me, I can't figure out why a manufacturer would launch a 2 litre 115 bhp powerplant when their 1.8L option develops 5 bhp more? Any ideas anyone?
Old 24th January 2006, 11:19   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman

Well, the ad is out this morning and it says 115 bhp! For the life of me, I can't figure out why a manufacturer would launch a 2 litre 115 bhp powerplant when their 1.8L option develops 5 bhp more? Any ideas anyone?
this is one of the reasons why new launches fail to excite me lately. i wish there was some association of normal car users too, who could go on some kind of boycott for doing such injustice to the indian customer.

owning a car in india is not as easy as it is in other countries. for hell sake, make it a better experience.
Old 24th January 2006, 11:54   #66
BHPian

with the Civic hiding behind the bush.....Cedia better run for cover.
Old 24th January 2006, 12:02   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Forget beating Vtecs, this one cant take on the Elantra CRDi.

Tall talk should be matched by tall torque.
Old 24th January 2006, 12:17   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRnT RuBbEr
this is one of the reasons why new launches fail to excite me lately. i wish there was some association of normal car users too, who could go on some kind of boycott for doing such injustice to the indian customer.

owning a car in india is not as easy as it is in other countries. for hell sake, make it a better experience.
. And this time around ALL our car mags have got it majorly wrong - they were all talking about 125 throughout. I wonder how that happens. I mean, they do a sneak preview in Chennai, talk about 125 bhp and then we end up with 10 bhp less!
Old 24th January 2006, 12:22   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. And this time around ALL our car mags have got it majorly wrong - they were all talking about 125 throughout. I wonder how that happens. I mean, they do a sneak preview in Chennai, talk about 125 bhp and then we end up with 10 bhp less!
Whats so great about 125 bhp ? Toyota does 135 from its 1.8 litre engine, Hyundai does 125 from their 1.8 too.
Old 24th January 2006, 12:26   #70
BHPian

Wonder what HM plans to do with that 2.0L engine? They could have very well given the 1.8L INVEC engine.

But think of it this way, if the engine is under a very mild state of tune, then it shuld be possible to extract quite a bit more without even turbocharging it. Now that should be of some comfort.

But one can never be sure. Remember the diesel lancer? Know how much it sold in tirupur coimbatore alone? Have to wait and watch too see the market response.
Old 24th January 2006, 12:40   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Whats so great about 125 bhp ? Toyota does 135 from its 1.8 litre engine, Hyundai does 125 from their 1.8 too.
125 bhp is nothing great compared to 135 but its an awful lot better than 115 thats all. Not too many 2 litre petrol engines launched here that actually produce less bhp than 1.8 litre engines, thats the point I'm making. And.....misinformation to the auto enthusiast all along, primarily from the auto magazines who were talking about 125.
Old 24th January 2006, 13:17   #72
Team-BHP Support

I think HM detunes the engines before they make the cars available to public. Probably they think that detuning results in better ecnomy or better ability to cope with bad fuel. HM will be HM.
Old 24th January 2006, 13:38   #73
BHPian

i wonder how well mitsubishi are doing world over. I mean in europe there is not too much off a buzz about their cars. Except with the racing enthusiasts for the evio range of cars, but then again there is th ford focus, nissan skyline, suburu impreza, ford cosworth among others to compete with !! its the same story with south east asia. With HM and mitsubishi it seems to be the same path with nothing too exciting coming in the long run. For any car company in india to survive i believe they need to have these things (of course this is quite subjective):-
1. A car placed in the 4-6lac segment for volume
2. An suv in the 5-8lac bracket
3. or you could be Honda (and i aint a fan)
Old 24th January 2006, 14:52   #74
Senior - BHPian

This engine has the same EVO block. So if we start to tune it we can extract 400 BHP. Now thats something.
Old 25th January 2006, 02:18   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
Wonder what HM plans to do with that 2.0L engine? They could have very well given the 1.8L INVEC engine.

But think of it this way, if the engine is under a very mild state of tune, then it shuld be possible to extract quite a bit more without even turbocharging it. Now that should be of some comfort.

But one can never be sure. Remember the diesel lancer? Know how much it sold in tirupur coimbatore alone? Have to wait and watch too see the market response.
As for our cedia, All the journos have said good things about cedia's power. But that was without detuning. I hope to see a new roadtest on the cedia from the journos soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid

Toyota doesnt do 135 but 123 from its engine and hyundai is higher at 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeman
i wonder how well mitsubishi are doing world over. I mean in europe there is not too much off a buzz about their cars. Except with the racing enthusiasts for the evio range of cars, but then again there is th ford focus, nissan skyline, suburu impreza, ford cosworth among others to compete with !! its the same story with south east asia. With HM and mitsubishi it seems to be the same path with nothing too exciting coming in the long run. For any car company in india to survive i believe they need to have these things (of course this is quite subjective):-
1. A car placed in the 4-6lac segment for volume
2. An suv in the 5-8lac bracket
3. or you could be Honda (and i aint a fan)

Mitsubishi is on a rise since the last year when talkin sales. UK,N.America, Japan and every other place.

the new eclipse,gallant and Montero are wat forms the bulk of the sales
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks