Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2017, 08:03   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin

VW to launch the Next GEN Polo in Brazil this September.

Will get 4 airbags as standard. Will have several safety features as standard and aims to top the LATIN NCAP test.

Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-volkswagenpolo2018laranja1.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-volkswagenpolo2018laranja3.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-volkswagenpolo2018laranja2.jpg

Quote:
From the most basic version, the Polo 2018 will have front and side airbags, totaling four airbags, plus traction control and headrest and three-point belt for all occupants. There will also be two additional bars on the doors to ensure good protection to the occupants in a side collision
Quote:
Another feature is the Isofix, which has a new design, with a kind of cocoon around to facilitate the attachment of child seats in the back seat, as well as a hood with new design and away from the engine to prevent the head of a Pedestrian crash with the propeller in a hit and also a redesigned bumper to lessen the impacts against a pedestrian.

The list of standard equipment should also include emergency braking, assistant ramps, brake disc cleaning, among others. The TSI engine models will have stability control, electronic differential lock, pre-collision braking, four-wheel disc brakes and tire pressure monitoring.
Polo
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 08:17   #152
Senior - BHPian

Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin

Finally VW seems to have got the Head unit in the right place. This was my single biggest complaint on all their cars. Now it's more in line with the driver's eyeline and you don't have to look down and away from the road to check the screen. Clap.

The interiors look really classy( not with the orange trim). If the orange trim is replaced with some brushed metal or even some good quality veneer, it clearly looks in luxury car segment. Well done VW.

Lastly I don't think this car or version will make it to India, especially as the dimensions looks like it is beyond 4 Mtrs in length.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th August 2017 at 08:50. Reason: mettle > metal.
Old 14th August 2017, 19:15   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin

New Polo in a documentary- has a very good road presence!

Old 15th August 2017, 18:29   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

New Polo to go on sale in Brazil by November.
Entry level variant to get the 1.0l MPI engine from the UP, power output of 84 HP and with 5-speed MT.

With gas, the FE figures to 12.9 km/l in city and 14.4 km/l, respectively.

Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-1.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-2.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-vwnovopoloproducosobernardodocamposp.jpg

LINK
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 19:54   #155
Team-BHP Support

So what happens in India. The existing model just continues despite internationally being replaced? Isn't that very unusual in current times?
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 20:00   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
So what happens in India. The existing model just continues despite internationally being replaced? Isn't that very unusual in current times?
This is not the first time. Honda 2 wheeler was selling versions of CBR 150 and 250 and the same had been promptly updated and upgraded elsewhere.

Regards
Bharath

Last edited by bharath79 : 15th August 2017 at 20:01.
bharath79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 17:41   #157
Senior - BHPian

Next-gen Volkswagen Polo interior spied

The next generation Volkswagen Polo has been spotted on the production floor of VW's Anchieta plant in Brazil.

Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-2017polo3.jpg

The car featured in these images is likely a low-end variant of the next gen Polo. The spotted car gets fabric seat covers and a new dashboard layout. The center fascia has an infotainment screen but misses out on automatic climate control. The instrument cluster gets a twin-dial setup with an MID screen in the centre. The dashboard has a dual tone theme with the bottom part getting a slightly greyish shade in contrast with the black part on the top. The multifunction steering wheel has a flat bottom.

Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-2017polo4.jpg

The next generation Polo is expected to be offered in 3 engine options. A 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder engine producing 83 BHP mated to a 5-speed manual transmission will likely be equipped on the base variant. A 1.6-litre, 4-cylinder will likely be offered on the mid variant. A 1.0-litre TSI turbo petrol engine producing 126 BHP will likely to be on offer with a 6-speed automatic transmission as an option. Further details regarding the powertrain options will be revealed closer to the launch.

Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-2017polo1.jpg

The global debut of the next-gen VW Polo is expected around October 2017. Meanwhile, Volkswagen hasn't announced any plans to launch the new Polo in India yet.

Source: Motor1 Brazil

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 17th August 2017 at 17:43.
TusharK is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 17:57   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Volkswagen Polo interior spied

Interiors look minimalitisc ! Comparisons with the Toyota RAV4 come to mind.
theMAG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 18:31   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't know why, but the new Jetta & now these interiors of the Polo for some reason remind me more and more of Hyundai.
Just something about it!
Old 18th August 2017, 12:32   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
I don't know why, but the new Jetta & now these interiors of the Polo for some reason remind me more and more of Hyundai.
Just something about it!
The interiors in the pictures above look way too utilitarian to me. Forget Hyundai, this reminds of the 90s or early 2000 era cars.
abhishek46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 14:44   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
The interiors in the pictures above look way too utilitarian to me. Forget Hyundai, this reminds of the 90s or early 2000 era cars.
Isn't this the result of more movement towards multi-function/graphic display and touch control? That stuff looks terribly boring when it is turned off!

Nobody who knows me will be surprised to hear that I am rather fond of the old VW look, which had not changed that much in decades. But hey-ho, I guess I'll get used to enjoying the new gadgets. Assuming, of course, that it isn't just a new, "high-tech," version of the switch-plate blanks and this feature may not be available on your vehicle which is also a firm part of VW implementation.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 14:54   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Isn't this the result of more movement towards multi-function/graphic display and touch control? That stuff looks terribly boring when it is turned off!

Nobody who knows me will be surprised to hear that I am rather fond of the old VW look, which had not changed that much in decades. But hey-ho, I guess I'll get used to enjoying the new gadgets. Assuming, of course, that it isn't just a new, "high-tech," version of the switch-plate blanks and this feature may not be available on your vehicle which is also a firm part of VW implementation.
I agree whole heartedly to your views.
I would prefer physical buttons over fiddly touchscreens any day (in a car).
A well designed, well finished, and ergonomically placed button is always a joy to press.

Buttons are much quicker to use & with a little practice, one can operate them without taking eyes off the road.
Old 18th August 2017, 15:04   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
But the picture you are referring is the model for Brazil( and probably India too) in the base variant.( 1.0l MPI)
In higher variants it would be good ( though it is shown in lit condition)

Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-capture.jpg
Old 18th August 2017, 17:48   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Even that won;t look much when everything is off. We just have to get used to not judging a car by the immediately visible controls!
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Buttons are much quicker to use & with a little practice, one can operate them without taking eyes off the road.
Quite. Touch controls can be very dangerous. And displays can distract. I was not happy about the movement of head units from button to touch, and then they added flashy displays.

That was way back then. Now we can watch movies as we drive. We are all doomed
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 21:09   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Brazil gets ready to launch the 2018 Polo... India next..2019?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks