Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2017, 14:39   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin

VW's New Polo Premiere at Berlin, India mentioned as a market for this segment!

Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-0.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-1.jpg

The very first Polo,
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-1222222.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-122222.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-vwpolovi2017erlkoenigmotorenpreisemarktstart1200x800c39cb18c8a4c2940.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-vwpolovi2017erlkoenigmotorenpreisemarktstart1200x8005695f0c9b86ab052.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-vwpolovi2017erlkoenigmotorenpreisemarktstart1200x800b3338bc94e487968.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-vwpolovi2017erlkoenigmotorenpreisemarktstart1200x800b738661a049a510d.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-vwpolovi2017erlkoenigmotorenpreisemarktstart1200x800f3f0f8348fa17b45.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-.1jpg.jpg
Attachment 1648776
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-c.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-7.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-8.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-9.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-100.jpg

GTI,

Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-1222.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-1111.jpg

Quote:
The Polo n the length for the first time the four-meter mark: 4.05 meters (predecessor: 3.97 m) measures the Polo from front apron to rear apron.
But it is not only the overall length that grows, but also the wheelbase, which is important for the space conditions inside. Result: 9.4 centimeters more space between the axles.
With 2.56 meters wheelbase at the new to 2.47 m at the predecessor Polo. The same game with the width.
Generation Six stands with 1.75 m (without mirror) burly there, which are seven centimeters more than with the Polo V. Only at height loses the new - but only slightly.
With around 1, 446 meters he is seven millimeters flatter than the old one. The three-door model is a thing of the past, because in the future, the Polo will only have five doors. The new base also makes itself felt in the trunk. The trunk volume is 351 liter.

Engine options include a 65bhp 1.0-litre petrol, two 1.0-litre turbos with 95bhp or 114bhp, and a larger 148bhp 1.5-litre turbo which features cylinder deactivation to save fuel. Two 1.6-litre TDI diesels, with 80bhp and 95bhp complete the standard range. VW has also unveiled the Polo GTI at the same time, with a new and enlarged 2.0-litre TSI turbo petrol engine producing 197bhp.

Five and six speed manual gearboxes and a seven-speed DSG automatic are available depending on engine. All Polos will come with stop-start and regenerative braking as standard, too.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th June 2017 at 15:07.
volkman10 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 14:57   #107

re: Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin

Here's Mat Watson giving a quick overview of the new generation Polo.
NBpolo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 15:02   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Take a great design featuring simple, elegant, classic lines, and add stuff to it. That seldom works, and I don't think it has worked here. But neither do I think that VW have ruined the Polo. It's just a little bit less nice in some areas.

I'm not sure what to make of the cockpit. Buying my second Polo, I was able to say, "What's to say? It's a Polo: I feel totally at home!" Whoa, this is culture shock! Undiluted. I could time-travel from my 1990 Golf to my 2014 Polo and find stuff with my eyes closed, but this is a different car!

One thing: if it has all gone elctronic display and touch[?] controls, that, at least, means fewer this-feature-may-not-be-available-on-your-model blanks. Oh, wait, looking back, I see some of those by the gear lever: there are some traditions which VW could not bear to part with!

I'm just an old guy who finds change, initially at least, hard. The brand-new interior of this car looks exciting: maybe I'll love it. Even I have to leave 1990 behind one day!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 16:00   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Here it is Officially. The NEXT GEN Polo revealed to the European Press( leaked),link

Attachment 1648672

Attachment 1648673
They haven't mentioned about it's launch in India have they? Maybe this year festival season?

Last edited by MihirC : 16th June 2017 at 16:13. Reason: Typo
Old 16th June 2017, 17:11   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Those who want a better look from all angles AND interior.. here it is :

Much better than the current Polo for me personally, far from being the best looking hatch but much better and in terms of features, interiors and specifications it beats the competition, I mean it has the virtual cockpit instrument cluster from Audi (again I'm no fan of screens in cars but I'm sure others will love it).

India needs to get this version ASAP, the current one looks highly dated in my eyes (yes, I know the majority find it timeless).
dark.knight is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 18:10   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
They haven't mentioned about it's launch in India have they? Maybe this year festival season?
Though mentioned India as a small car market they did not specifically mention the Sixth Gen Polo for India. Germany, W Germany, new markets, China and S American were stressed upon.
In a nutshell, we are unlikely to get this as a global product and likely to get one of the iterations as below:

1. With Volkswagen recently signed an MoU with Tata Motors (Skoda to lead) to use the latter’s AMP platform to develop models for the country, a Polo replacement could be on the cards, VW couldl bring in a re-engineered version of the all-new international model

2. Could launch an indigenously developed alternative using the alliance.

More from the launch,

Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-12.jpg

Engines on offer - 9
- 6 petrol- 1.0L Turbo charged and NA ( 65-115 PS) ,the 1.5 TSI - 150 HP,
- Polo GTI, 200 hp, 0- 100 km/h @ 6.7 sec
- 1.6 HP diesel with SCR technology,
-1.0L TGI , Natural gas at 90HP.

The super-mini model will be available in five trim levels, with the familiar Trendline, Comfortline and Highline with the new Beats and R-Line versions.

Customized to the core:
Customers will be able to choose from 14 exterior colors, 12 wheel designs (ranging from 14- to 18-inch), 13 different decors for the dashboard and 11 different seat covers.

Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-100.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-101.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-102.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-103.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-105.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-106.jpg

Prices in Germany to start at € 12,795 with Front Assist as standard.

Launch : Precise on time and crisp to the point

And the commercial,

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th June 2017 at 18:22.
volkman10 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 18:15   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
I think they will not be launching this car in India in the near future mainly due to its length (>4M) which will not meet the requirements for lower excise duties. That can make it difficult for VW to price it right.
There is another thread where sightings are made of a UK made Polo 1.0L Petrol TSi doing tests. May be the plan is to revamp the current engine line up of the car and postpone the launch of 2017 Polo by a couple of years.

I am not hugely concerned about that as I am yet to come in terms with the looks of new Polo. I still like the old one when it comes to the exteriors.
Old 16th June 2017, 18:33   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Though mentioned India as a small car market they did not specifically mention the Sixth Gen Polo for India. Germany, W Germany, new markets, China and S American were stressed upon.
In a nutshell, we are unlikely to get this as a global product and likely to get one of the iterations as below:
Please bring this car to India VW !

I love the way it looks - reminds me of the A Class.

I would hazard a guess that even at 14L for the top end - it may sell.

Classy styling, slick interiors and a couple of good motors? I can see myself in this car

It certainly packs more tech than the cars we have today at this price point.

A picture of the cheaper variants with a normal dashboard with gauges would have been nice.

Last edited by Redline6800 : 16th June 2017 at 18:39. Reason: spelling
Old 16th June 2017, 18:54   #114
Team-BHP Support

Absolutely love the exterior design but can't say I feel the same way about the centre console. Bit over the top centre console. But other than that minor chink the car is drop dead gorgeous.
Old 16th June 2017, 21:08   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

More on the interiors of the New Polo, addresses the space constraint of the MK5 Polo.

Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-vwpolo62017testsinfosundbilder1200x800e6d74a17f9b16070.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-vwpolovi2017erlkoenigmotorenpreisemarktstart1200x8001cb98c12e0a9eae6.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-vwpolovi2017erlkoenigmotorenpreisemarktstart1200x800b738661a049a510d.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-vwpolo62017testsinfosundbilder1200x80037ed16f4e780a996.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-vwpolo62017testsinfosundbilder1200x80081e2b23fa0b22ad4.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-vwpolo62017testsinfosundbilder1200x800d159a2f8d8060ba5.jpg

Dimensions - comparison to Golf

Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-0.jpg

Engines and Transmissions - EU

Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-1.jpg

link

link1

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th June 2017 at 21:09.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 21:25   #116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
More on the interiors of the New Polo, addresses the space constraint of the MK5 Polo.
Not too sure about that. He looks tall but is sitting in a knee up seating position with limited under thigh support and his legs seem to be touching the front seats ever so lightly.

Hopefully, the front seats are set towards the rear.
Old 16th June 2017, 22:31   #117
Team-BHP Support

Beats Audio means expect a bassy sound system. Developed by King of Hip Hop music Dr. Dre, and later acquired by Apple for $3 billion.

www.beatsbydre.com

Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-vwpolovi2017erlkoenigmotorenpreisemarktstart1200x800f3f0f8348fa17b45.jpg
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 23:14   #118
BHPian

A GT TSi and this is all we want! Please get this to India VW. TDeseperately looking around for one but unfortunately there's no worthy Automatic Hatch/Crossover worth the price here and we already own an Ecosport!

I'd well buy this over the likes of the under featured Creta AT.
em17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 00:14   #119
BHPian

The center AC vents look a little out of place with the design of the dashboard. Everything else looks great! Wonder in what stripped down version it will come to India.
Old 17th June 2017, 00:50   #120
BHPian

The car looks hot, particularly in Red. The alloys also looks ravishing. Unfortunately, it is very unlikely that they would launch the same version in India due to excise regulations and the car exceeding 4 metres in length may not be priced competitively in the segment. Considering the options available in variants, colours and other features, I would love to drive one for myself. However, VW is far from reality in terms of customer service in India which is very significant considering the mindset of a typical Indian car owner.

Just for an example, I had given a request for TD of a GT TSI in Gurgaon, 3 weeks back on their website. Got a prompt call from their Pune office the next day followed by a call from the dealer the following day. I fixed up a date and time for TD which was agreed to but no one turned up. Neither a phone call nor the physical car for TD till date. Even a TML dealer would give me better service. I don't even need to compare it with MSL. No wonder they enjoy the market share.

Unfortunate, how these companies don't learn lessons from the complacency exhibited by established companies like Fiat, HM, etc in the past has resulted them to suffer big time in the longer run.

VW maybe manufacturing great cars but the recent emission issue has also made a big dent in their reputation in India and it will take some time for them to spring back.

Having said all of that, car enthusiasts deserve this car and the performance of the engines available globally.
jbpanda is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks