Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2015, 16:34   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Chief,

He spent 2 years with Duc and that should be more than sufficient to setup a bike for his caliber considering his Rich experience & Talent.

Nevertheless I still felt that he would have gone a step higher had he turned it around to make it a winning combination.

The model which Rossi was riding was scrapped completely and they rebuilt their chassis & engine from scratch.

To be fair with Rossi, Ducati experimented with him by offering him a Motorcycle WITHOUT Chassis. Did not work and in the midst of season they had to revert to a new design. They were some 2 seconds off pace due to the poor handling.

This will leave a blemish in his otherwise fantastic career just like how we all saw Rubinho pull over to let Michael Schumacher win the Austrian GP which he could never win on his own might.
Aree bhai, a rider does not make a bike. He simply gets the team to make it around him, and in doing so, great riders (and drivers), get their teams to make better bikes (and cars).

But if the bike (or car) is a hard impacted turd to begin with, either you wait patiently for its extrusion, doing your bit to help it along. Or you say enough's enough and move.

Moto GP is thankfully still not about the machine.

Can't say the same about F1.

Last edited by ebonho : 4th June 2015 at 16:42.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 16:43   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Aree bhai, a rider does not make a bike.
Bro,

Remember Yamaha bought him over purely for that...to make a winning bike.

Those minor tweaks make the difference between the slip and cup.
Old 4th June 2015, 16:48   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bro,

Remember Yamaha bought him over purely for that...to make a winning bike.

Those minor tweaks make the difference between the slip and cup.
Agreed. So he did it for Honda. He did it for Yamaha. Made both world beating machines before leaving the teams. He won on the "tanking" Yamaha in his first year for them, need I remind and press the obvious.

And the Ducati bombed.

So do you blame Rossi? Or question Ducati?
Old 4th June 2015, 16:50   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
question Ducati?
Both Chief, don't you think so?
Old 4th June 2015, 17:00   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Both Chief, don't you think so?
Both?

You have a 9 time world champion with a proven track record of winning on EVERYTHING - 125, 250, 500, 990, 800.

And you have a constructor team which has won exactly one ONE premier class title since 1949.

I'll go with Rossi on this one bro.
Old 4th June 2015, 17:06   #111
BHPian

Jorge Lorenzo does his hardwork with his side of the garage all weekend so that they can start ahead on the grid and run off without much effort.That is their strategy and the best one and they make it work most of the times. This is probably everyone's strategy on the grid, we are fools if we think any of them would like to race through the grid with slower riders ruining the grip of the tires early on and sacrificing a victory.Give them a head start and a confident victory anyday. What happened in texas wasn't boring for you all right?

To make the races interesting, its upto Rossi and Marc to live upto the challenge Jorge is currently posing. If they cant and he wins effortlessly its unjust to discredit him and call him boring. I ask my friends (rossi/marc fans) "where is the challenge where is the challenge?" There's no answer. Isn't this the era of MotoGP greats? The strongest grid we probably have ever seen in motogp history. And Jorge winning by atleast 6 seconds among such riders is feat worth full of praise.Not to forget he was down on topspeed by 17kph! against the ducati and mugello is a track where you spend the longest in 6th. Its downright stupid to call him boring. I've read many motogp articles,conversed with many experienced journos who've interviewed top riders and almost all of them say if they could ever copy or develop a riding style it would be Jorge's. That flawless riding style is so perfect he hardly misses the apex by a maximum of couple of inches in the entire race!

And the thing about numbers, those are not just race stats. they are timed laps and in motogp they matter alot. What I posted above was a small bit, I've pages n pages of it since Qatar about rider progression comparing with last year. For eg: at Lemans this year, Jorge won the race 19 seconds quicker than last year's win by marc! Yes 19 seconds!

I know I'm just wasting my time here speaking for Jorge because India is a market for mostly Rossi and his biggest rival in recent years has been Jorge who has beaten him consistently and naturally the hatred developed towards him.
MonsterPatrol is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 17:20   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post
To make the races interesting, its upto Rossi and Marc to live upto the challenge Jorge is currently posing.

I guess the only bit that puts people off is when he seems to imitate Rossi at times.

I have admired his smooth riding style. Nothing fancy, super clean, no leg wave, nothing.

He isn't as charismatic as Rossi is. He isn't as exhilarating as Marquez is. Doesn't diminish the MotoGP rider that he is.
Old 4th June 2015, 17:28   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post
I know I'm just wasting my time here speaking for Jorge because India is a market for mostly Rossi and his biggest rival in recent years has been Jorge who has beaten him consistently and naturally the hatred developed towards him.
Finding someone as boring as watching tectonic geological shifts is really not the same as hating someone.
Old 4th June 2015, 17:34   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post

I guess the only bit that puts people off is when he seems to imitate Rossi at times.

I have admired his smooth riding style. Nothing fancy, super clean, no leg wave, nothing.

He isn't as charismatic as Rossi is. He isn't as exhilarating as Marquez is. Doesn't diminish the MotoGP rider that he is.
Tell me one instance where he has tried to imitate rossi. Infact it's marc who's been imitating jorge from past two years like running n jumping over his mechanics in Parc ferme,climbing the chain link fence in front of the spectators stand after winning the championship.how come you people miss all this imitation and cling onto jorge for something he hasn't done?

And whatever the riding style may be it's the result that matters. And I hope Jorge gets his 3rd title after giving it all in 2013 even riding through injuries and a bad 2014. The man really deserves it.
MonsterPatrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 19:31   #115
BHPian

Lorenzo & Rossi of now remind me of Schumacher & Rosberg a few years ago.

Quote:
Finding someone as boring as watching tectonic geological shifts is really not the same as hating someone.
Boring or not, its very clear that Lorenzo is the man to beat. His riding is very effective if un-attractive, which summarizes that this guy has found the perfect balance with his machine, almost something like finding inner-peace (remember the panda? ). Sliding and sticking a leg out trying to corner aggressively only means trying "TOO HARD".
Mashblue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 05:59   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashblue View Post
Lorenzo & Rossi of now remind me of Schumacher & Rosberg a few years ago.

Boring or not, its very clear that Lorenzo is the man to beat. His riding is very effective if un-attractive, which summarizes that this guy has found the perfect balance with his machine, almost something like finding inner-peace (remember the panda? ). Sliding and sticking a leg out trying to corner aggressively only means trying "TOO HARD".
Couldn't agree with you more. What looks good to the eye may not necessarily be fast.
MonsterPatrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 11:14   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashblue View Post
Sliding and sticking a leg out trying to corner aggressively only means trying "TOO HARD".
Every rider has his own style. There is no coaching manual textbook rule of thumb golden "correct" mean at the pointy end of the phalanx of the best riders in the world.

Stoner was great to watch. So is Marquez and his elbow. So is mad dog Iaonne.

Rossi is the master. Period.

One win, and all the Jorge / Marquez fans will retreat back into the woodwork from which they shakily emerged into the bewildering sunlight 3 races ago.

Last edited by ebonho : 5th June 2015 at 11:24.
Old 5th June 2015, 11:37   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Rossi is the master. Period.
How long do you expect him to be ahead in the game?

His race craft is still tops, I care two hoots about qualifying or flying on the track on your own while leading. I want a show, that is why I watch races.

For me, if you remove electronics [safety aid is another topic] then on every race, I am going to bet on Rossi, even if the race is on one wheel.

Put Ianonne,Marquez & Espagrao brothers on line, they are sure to light some firecrackers. Wish Simoncelli was around.

The good days of Valentino vs Gibernau, Edwards vs Troy [both Edwards & Corser] Haga vs James Toseland, Mat Mladin vs Spies are no where to be seen. I personally want a show like that. I started watching when 500's were about to exit.

I am sure, the racers on the grid have the fire, but these electronics limit things a lot.

And Rossi isn't about flying laps, but the gap which opens up by lap 10 [when he is at position no. 11 on lap 1 & is trying to make up, working his tires] is hard to recede if Pedrosa or Lorenzo have got ahead. He has to qualify to be fit in at least the 2nd row [top 6]

Easy to type, eh...

I so want him to win the 10th. I like Marquez but him against Rossi...has to be #46

Doc [referring to ebonho here ] Open up to other boys on the grid, if Rossi wins 10th, it will be a bye bye for him.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 11:56   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Doc [referring to ebonho here ] Open up to other boys on the grid, if Rossi wins 10th, it will be a bye bye for him.
I try. I really do. I did in tennis. Failed. I did in F1. Failed. I did in the Tour de France. Failed. I will try in Moto GP as well. But for the life of me I do not see anyone worthy of my old school sensibilities (a la Alonso, Kimi). I am thus likely to fail again.

Depressing. I have not yet gotten to the point my dad has of enjoying the sport for sport's sake, minus heroes .....

I see bleak days ahead for me. Might start reading again.
Old 5th June 2015, 15:23   #120
BANNED

Why we don't have Andrea Iannone as a choice over here?
Been closely following all the races and this year Ducati is going to show the world that they are God of motorcycles. This years very first three races both the Ducati riders were struggling at corners, Marquez, Rossi and Lorenzo were taking advantage at turns, but again Ducati bikes were brutal fast at straights, last two races seen Marquez struggling at corners may be due to new shorter swing arms or hard front tyre.
Don't know what was wrong with Rossi or Ducati that they were not able to take advantage of having best of both Bike and Rider, I am sure he still can do the magic with Ducati as his current bike is not able to match Honda forget Ducati, P.S. I am not blind 46 follower I hate him (old timers knew the history behind him and how he use to scare pushing the NSR500 to it's limit, when GP racers were dominated by legends like Mick Doohan). I support Mark Marquez, love the way he was pushing his bike to it's limit and himself but from last few races something is stopping him not sure what's that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks