Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2015, 19:15   #181
BHPian

Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Great to see Pedrosa back on the podium, and AWESOME fun to see the second coming of Jesus binning it once again, shows again he's just too immature under pressure.

As long as he was on a winning streak last year, he was god. Now, not even in contention for this year's title. Considering folks don't even respect Rossi's 9 titles, with MM on just 2 and now binning it, says volumes doesn't it.

Don't see folks supporting him now, cos of course now Lorenzo is the future GOAT mate! At least the true supporters could still rally behind, but NO in Lorenzo we trust mate!

Superb ride by the Doctor to finish a close second starting from 7th, I enjoyed it. Still leads the title race and on we move to Assen!

GO VR46!!

Last edited by Parth46 : 14th June 2015 at 19:21.
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 19:23   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Great to see Pedrosa back on the podium, and AWESOME fun to see the second coming of Jesus binning it once again, shows again he's just too immature under pressure.
To his credit, Marquez was mature enough to try and avoid hitting Lorenzo's rear wheel. I remember reading a comment from Crutchlow saying that whenever Marquez over brakes, he always try to go wide rather than T-bone the rider in front.
badri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 19:26   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
To his credit, Marquez was mature enough to try and avoid hitting Lorenzo's rear wheel. I remember reading a comment from Crutchlow saying that whenever Marquez over brakes, he always try to go wide rather than T-bone the rider in front.
Well not T-boning the guy in front is not enough at this level is it? In his manic frenzy to get ahead, he unnecessarily forgoes point scoring chances and bins it. He'd been much better off if he'd accumulated points from podium finishes in the last few races than just crash out completely.
Old 14th June 2015, 19:30   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Brilliant, brilliant, race.
Full points to the yamahas!
It's always more fun to see Rossi start somewhere in the middle. Lorenzo's pace as always was blitzing!

Marquez showing Stoner how to do the sandman.

Go doc, go!
mayankk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 19:31   #185
Senior - BHPian

My take homes

1) GOD was visually faster (no reams of computer Ctrl C/V needed .... one can but pray)

2) Near audible collective unpuckering from the 99 stands as the race ended

Last edited by ebonho : 14th June 2015 at 19:34.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 19:39   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
My take homes

1) GOD was visually faster (no reams of computer Ctrl C/V needed .... one can but pray)

2) Near audible collective unpuckering from the 99 stands as the race ended
Totally agree - as He himself mentioned post race, he was right up there on Lorenzo's race pace and even ahead in the last few laps.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/0...o-jorge/177989

This will go right down to the wire, and I just shudder to think if Lorenzo's entire season gets the quintessential VR46 treatment!
Old 14th June 2015, 19:41   #187
BHPian

Looking forward to it

Did someone say and quote visually faster? Rossi took 21 laps to cut the gap from 1.4s to 0.8s to Jorge and there was no one between them. Wow what pace..amazing!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th June 2015 at 21:53. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Please use the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts. Thanks.
MonsterPatrol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 21:06   #188
BHPian

Moto2 race was superb as well, sam lowes just went crazy in the initial few laps. Zarco was just brilliant, making up for a poor start.
Happy for Rins-kid got serious potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post
Did someone say and quote visually faster? Rossi took 21 laps to cut the gap from 1.4s to 0.8s to Jorge and there was no one between them. Wow what pace..amazing!
Rossi MIGHT have had a CHANCE if it were a 50 lap race
Mashblue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 21:17   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Meanwhile check out the lean angle. Simply Incredible
That's some crazy lean angle..awesome!
badri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 21:37   #190
Team-BHP Support

No iffs & buts win a race.

Lorenzo was fast & consistent throughout and he won. Whatever the factors maybe, tires or anything else.

You can't discredit that.

Moreover, please stop making fun of a fan, I won't pinpoint the comment, but you wouldn't be someone's fan if not for his results & with lesser results if someone supports a rider, respect that.

Peace.

Caught at the WWW
Quote:
"Lorenzo can't fight, hes bike is set up for "corner speed" ..... that means he cant change lines throughout a corner.... why do you think he treats races like time attacks? the answer is very simple, anything that alters his lines puts him at a dissadvantage that's why he whines like a crybaby every time somebody packs it in to him, also that's why he usually leaves the door open on corners, he cant correct the line, check every race ever where he has lost the lead.... I so wish the Hondas are really sorted so I dont have to see his idiotic jump on the podium."
Interesting comment.

Last edited by Sheel : 14th June 2015 at 21:40.
Sheel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 21:37   #191
BHPian

Great second half of the race. Vale usually being a good starter couldn't make up any positions in the race start. From lap 10-9 he was visually and statistically faster than number 99. On similar bikes with similar tires he was the faster among the team mates. If 1-2 laps were remaining the results could've been different. Lorenzo did what he does best. Clean race from him. But not as dominant as the last three races. Marques again pushing his bike beyond it's limits and paying the price for it. Almost took out number 99
b16h22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 22:13   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashblue View Post

Rossi MIGHT have had a CHANCE if it were a 50 lap race
True that. He's mostly been faster since the return, Lorenzo, hasn't he? If he gets away in the first few, he's more or less been uncatchable.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 06:44   #193
BHPian

Quote:
but can they outrun the Hondas and ducatis until Turn 1 with massive horsepower charging from behind at the start?
On the money. Unfortunate for ESA even though he made a great start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Considering folks don't even respect Rossi's 9 titles, with MM on just 2
MM - 4. If you are trying to put the statistics here... atleast put them right.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th June 2015 at 08:43. Reason: Please refer the note posted above.
MonsterPatrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 07:19   #194
BHPian

Quote:
MM - 4. If you are trying to put the statistics here... atleast put them right.
Haha. Stats say some people have 15, some have 13, some have 9!
But for some riders it is just 2, even though its 4!

Did you guys see the Johan Zarco back flip after the win on Moto 2.?
Pretty amazing

The 2015 MotoGP Thread-zarco1.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

Caught at the WWW
"Lorenzo can't fight, hes bike is set up for "corner speed" ..... that means he cant change lines throughout a corner.... why do you think he treats races like time attacks? the answer is very simple, anything that alters his lines puts him at a dissadvantage that's why he whines like a crybaby every time somebody packs it in to him, also that's why he usually leaves the door open on corners, he cant correct the line, check every race ever where he has lost the lead.... I so wish the Hondas are really sorted so I dont have to see his idiotic jump on the podium."
Interesting comment.
Yeah interesting comment. Have always found it much easier to follow someone on the track rather than do it all myself at the front. It is easier because you can turn exactly where the other guy is turning may be brake a lil later than the one in front as well. It also gives you ample opportunities to study the lines taken by the rider in the front. And being in the front also means you have to take defensive lines which slows you down more. But yeah cant comment on how it works in the highest echelons of racing thou.

Last edited by JayKis : 15th June 2015 at 07:48.
Old 15th June 2015, 08:29   #195
BHPian

Absolutely true, leading the race is way more tougher than chasing. The biggest disadvantage is you can't see what the rider is going to do or how close behind he is. Your only help is the pitboard which you pass at 200 mph and over 50mts away in the direction opposite to your racing line. You have to anticipate an overtake every corner,at every braking point and be defensive all the way. Thereby sacrificing your own rhythm.For the chaser it's easier as he always stays in the draft thereby saving his tyres slightly more than the rider in front.This was proven yesterday in the moto3 race when Danny Kent let others do the hardwork while saving his tyres until the last lap when he took the lead and opened up the gap.Every rider on the grid knows its tougher to lead. But what do I know? I'm a sofa racer right....LOL.

In my experience of watching Motogp for over a decade, Rossi is a great attacker but an equally weak defender. This is generally why you see him involved in these tight battles happened over the years. Once he overtakes he can never hold on to that lead and pull away even though he would've had the pace to cut the gap and catch the rider in front in such battles. That is entirely my opinion of him.

Being a huge Lorenzo fan myself,I still admire Marc's attacking skills. Once he catches you,he puts a hard move on the rider in front and pulls away comfortably.This is where he surpasses Rossi in racecraft. Can attack but can equally defend at the same time.And he has won two world championships this way already.

Last edited by MonsterPatrol : 15th June 2015 at 08:38.
MonsterPatrol is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks