Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2015, 20:26   #301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Not a regular MotoGP follower, but nice race!
Commentators couldnt stop praising Rossi's start, while Lorenzo made up 5 places in a lap!

I hope the last corner incident is investigated. Rossi didnt even try to make it, just cut across!
Try putting yourself in the same situation mate. How can you make that corner from that situation. If he had tried to go around Marc that would have the ended the race for both. And this is part of racing. If they go around punishing every rider out there MotoGP will end up like F1.
b16h22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 21:35   #302
BHPian

Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Racing incident as per Racing Director.. so that's the end of story. What a race.

In terms of Race Direction's judgement, the decisive factor seems to have been that Rossi was in front when the contact occurred.

“We've obviously reviewed the incident from all the camera angles we have. The decision is racing incident. No advantage was gained,” Webb told Crash.net. “The basis of that decision is primarily the helicopter shot that shows at every stage Valentino was ahead. So Valentino had the right to the line.

“So Valentino was ahead. He was not passed. As they reached the apex of the right-hand turn Marc touched Valentino, which made [Valentino] go wide. So that's a racing incident. It's unavoidable.

“The two balancing things are that it was a hard pass with contact and you are not allowed to push another rider off the line. But the end result was that they entered and exited that series of corners in the same position. No advantage gained. End of story.”

Source:http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/220...-incident.html
arun_kun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 22:20   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Not a regular MotoGP follower, but nice race!
Commentators couldnt stop praising Rossi's start, while Lorenzo made up 5 places in a lap!

I hope the last corner incident is investigated. Rossi didnt even try to make it, just cut across!
That's because the whole MotoGP circus/business runs around one man, yes, your guess is as good as mine.! ;-)

Credit where it's due. Rossi rode an absolutely brilliant race today, and was strong for most of the part. The last corner antic will remain a hot topic of argument in the years to come, and both the parties (Rossi fans/Marquez fans) will always oppose each other. I feel Marquez had a good shot at it given his pace and position. But the corner was too tight, and one can't expect Rossi to give someone a win that easily. The 'contact' was inevitable since both the riders have a similar kind of grit and attitude.

As for Marquez, he was pushing all the time and was breathing down Rossi's neck throughout the race-distance. I think the fact that Marquez shaved off nearly half a second in the final sector of the final lap speaks volume about him as a racer. He just won't let someone take the top spot on the podium without giving them a tough time, or a slight nudge. Anyway, the bottom-line is he's spectacular to watch!

Also, don't forget that he's riding a relatively inferior bike as compared to the Yamahas.

Last edited by Shivank : 27th June 2015 at 22:22.
Shivank is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 23:16   #304
BHPian

What a race!

It was surreal watching Rossi and Marquez pushing the limits of themselves and their bikes. The fact that Lorenzo, winner of last 4 races finished 14 seconds behind them shows the level at which these two were operating.

In my opinion Marquez did everything right today and he couldn't have done better. He pushed the (agreeably) inferior bike to the limits, not putting a foot wrong in the process. The way he covered half second gap in last lap was astounding!

However, his problem is that he is dealing with Rossi, the best defender on the grid. Marc may bulldoze his way past the rest of the riders but it just doesn't work that way with Rossi. When you mess with the bull, you get the horns. That said, it could have gone either way. It was probably pure genius or luck (or both) that Rossi didn't crash in the gravel. Only he could have pulled such a stunt and come away unscathed.

It only shows what's in store for us for the rest of the year. Probably one of the best seasons we have seen in many years!

A small request to our band of motogp fans here on team-bhp. I think there are one too many provocative posts denigrating riders, their styles etc. Please go ahead and support your favorite riders, but try to tone down comments about other riders where it is not necessary. It will only provoke others to make counter posts and result in endless arguments.

Last edited by badri : 27th June 2015 at 23:27.
badri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 02:06   #305
Team-BHP Support

What a race, hail the Doctor. Kudos to both the Doc and Marquez for not crashing out at the last corner. Unbelievable control from both the riders. The naysayers and critiques are making the races all the more sweet
Old 28th June 2015, 08:25   #306
Team-BHP Support

Marquez is the next Rossi. Ebonho brother, warm up to him, he sure is going to take the mantle forward.

In all honesty, the other factory ride from Honda should go to someone else from '16 onwards.
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 09:46   #307
Senior - BHPian

A new day has dawned. The euphoric aftertaste of yesterday's triumph still lingering sweet.

But something haunts me. Bad.

14 seconds? You CANNOT be serious man.

Were they both on the same new Yam chassis ?

How is it possible that you put one rider on the 4th row and he blitzes through and comes within 0.8 seconds of hauling you in.

And then you reverse roles and you lose HALF a second a LAP ?

What is evading me here people ? Some hi tech reason?

Break out the spreadsheets and help me get it!!
ebonho is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 10:56   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post

14 seconds? You CANNOT be serious man.

What is evading me here people ? Some hi tech reason?

Two reasons.
First - Lorenzo was simply not confident enough on the tyres bought to Assen which had lesser edge grip, robbing him of his strength, the corner speed. This is essentially the problem he faced in 1st half of last year.

Second- Once he lost touch with Rossi & Marquez and he was not in the battle any more, he was riding his own pace. Rossi and Marquez on the other hand were pushing each other and their individual lap times. It always happens in racing. When you see that you have chance to catch the rider ahead (or) when someone is chasing you down, you can gain that extra motivation for gaining a quarter or half second per lap. The only time where the lap times can fall is in midst of battle is when riders overtake each other multiple times and mess up their lines trying to defend.

To the credit of Lorenzo, he was bold enough to admit that he was simply not fast enough but was happy to salvage 3rd place and gather some precious points.

Regarding blitzing past others on 1st lap, it was always his strength, finding maximum performance on cold tyres. On a side note, this first lap performance kind of exonerates him being branded a rider not willing to fight / overtake etc.. right?

Last edited by badri : 28th June 2015 at 11:10.
Old 28th June 2015, 11:16   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Marquez is the next Rossi. Ebonho brother, warm up to him, he sure is going to take the mantle forward.

In all honesty, the other factory ride from Honda should go to someone else from '16 onwards.
+1.

If he keeps a cool head, he is pretty sure to break many records, including those held by Rossi. In my opinion, he is the most naturally talented rider out there. Yesterday's race cemented this opinion further. Put any other rider on that Honda and they wouldn't have been anywhere close to the front. That last lap was unbelievable..recover half a second from on the charge Rossi! You need to be really special.

However, Rossi is as stubborn if not more than Marquez and when it comes to a scrap he is the rider least likely to yield a position. This is kind of upsetting Marquez who is not used to such resistance.

Last edited by badri : 28th June 2015 at 11:20.
Old 28th June 2015, 11:34   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
How is it possible that you put one rider on the 4th row and he blitzes through and comes within 0.8 seconds of hauling you in.

And then you reverse roles and you lose HALF a second a LAP ?

I don't have any spreadsheets with me, nor do I care much for those, but I think he'd pretty much given up when he saw Rossi and Marc disappear into the distance. And since nothing much was to be gained in fighting for it upfront, he settled into his arcade/PS4 mode.

Rossi - Can start anywhere, and still win or fight real hard to win (A RACER)
JLO - Only needs to start really in the front to have a chance at the goodies (Ummm???)

The fact that he was also on the podium doesn't mean much as Vinales, Pedrosa, the Ducatis - all had some problems and he could beat them.

The guys with the real pace, he never had the chance.

I don't have a lap-by-lap color coded analysis of who was quicker than whom by a few thousandths of a second.

Last edited by Parth46 : 28th June 2015 at 11:38.
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 12:26   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post

Rossi - Can start anywhere, and still win or fight real hard to win (A RACER)
JLO - Only needs to start really in the front to have a chance at the goodies (Ummm???)
Pls check the videos below ( couple are tv recordings ). These are proof that either Lorenzo is as hard a racer as it can get (or) it is some other racer riding the 99 bike. In two of these videos he came in second place. But the point is that he did put up a good fight till the end.

This one says 2015 but it is actually from 2014

I've also shared the 2012 highlights video few pages earlier..pls check that too.

Last edited by badri : 28th June 2015 at 12:28.
Old 28th June 2015, 12:26   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

Don't know about ebonho, but I can TRY to root for him once Rossi hangs up his helmet, but for that to happen Marquez has to develop some more sportsmanship. He sounded like a spoiled kid when he said "I had the inside line"

He can't use his bike as a battering ram and use other riders as brake, and then claim that he thinks he won the race!

Still, I agree he is a good racer and has that raw spirit in him, unlike JLO.

But if he doesn't stop these last ditch tactics, someone's gonna get hurt and it won't be good for anyone.
Parth46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 13:09   #313
BHPian

Quote:
but for that to happen Marquez has to develop some more sportsmanship.
Thank you for the sportsmanship quote. We very much need it here in our motogp thread too.

I always found it easy to appreciate a good rider even though I support the opposite camp. Maybe this is due to the fact that I love the sport more than any rider. Unfortunately, I seem to be in the minority. There is too much negative spirit going on here and I hope it changes for good.

Last edited by badri : 28th June 2015 at 13:10.
Old 28th June 2015, 13:22   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
Thank you for the sportsmanship quote. We very much need it here in our motogp thread too.

I always found it easy to appreciate a good rider even though I support the opposite camp. Maybe this is due to the fact that I love the sport more than any rider. Unfortunately, I seem to be in the minority. There is too much negative spirit going on here and I hope it changes for good.
Please read my post in entirety. I never said he's not a good racer, in fact he's very good.

But are his extremely aggressive moves really good and justified? He lost fair and square and then to claim that it's a moral victory for him is not really in the best of spirit.

He's been trying these tricks one too many times this season right from the first race. There is a very fine line between being aggressive and too dangerous and right now Marc is on the wrong side of that line is my only point.

I don't want this to once again become an endless debate so let's leave it at that.

Cheers,
Parth
Old 28th June 2015, 13:35   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Please read my post in entirety. I never said he's not a good racer, in fact he's very good.
Just to clarify, I was referring to Lorenzo bashing going on here.. not the Marquez criticism. In fact I think Marquez is overboard one too many times. He will learn but I hope it will not be the hard way where either he or someone else gets hurt.

Last edited by badri : 28th June 2015 at 13:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks