Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2006, 09:39   #1051
BHPian

Another exciting race. Yes, like many of you had mentioned, it was unlucky for MS that he had to waste 8 seconds during the first pitstop. But had he not gone wide off turn 8, he should have been comfortably ahead of Fonsi after the second pit stop. Call it tyre wear, lack of grip,anything, but to me it was a mistake from MS. However, Fonsi dint put a foot wrong from beginning to end and he was very cool in the last fifteen laps.

For me driver of the day was Fonsi. Last year, i felt he had his share of luck as Kimi had no. of DNF's. But this year time and again, he has proved his mettle.
Old 28th August 2006, 12:15   #1052
F50
Senior - BHPian

I just saw the race as I missed it yesterday.

Fantastic drive by Massa, now thats what I call Driven to Chequered Flag unlike the somewhat gifted win of Button.

MIchael - Fonso battle. Schumi was everytime slower on Turn 8 and that where you can actually think of overtaking in the 3 turns coming up as all 3 are Full-Throttle sweeping curves. If not for Turn 8 slow speeds Michael would have been long gone. And also loved the Throttle-Brake Graphic.
And who says he needs to retire.

4 more to go. Michael has to win the next race and need to have drivers in between him and Fonso.
Old 28th August 2006, 12:54   #1053
Senior - BHPian

What a cracker ! This actually was the 1st race that I watched full in my life. And the MS-FA battle was awesome.

Alonso drove beautifully even when he was slower than MS. Great defending. Maan the last 4 races are going to be crackers !
Old 28th August 2006, 19:12   #1054
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50
Michael need to have drivers in between him and Fonso.
F50, I'm hoping for the same ... I'm sure it will happen !! Alonso 1st --Schumi 4th ( thats if he finishes ) !!

Cheers
Old 28th August 2006, 19:27   #1055
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
just dont talk crap for the sake of it... blah...blah...
Am i the one talking crap ??? Dude the bottom line is Schumi DID'NT WIN.... whether the safety car caught him out or some other crap....
Reasons is not what i want... Since you gave reasons as to why Schumi did'nt win, i gave you reasons as to why Kimi didnt win...

What makes you think Schumi could have won when he just couldnt overtake Alonso.... Reasond...Reasons...Reasons....

If you think i'm talking crap, dont forget you were the one who started it ... Dont go on telling he could have won or she could have won... digest it... he didnt...
Old 28th August 2006, 23:22   #1056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
Am i the one talking crap ??? Dude the bottom line is Schumi DID'NT WIN.... whether the safety car caught him out or some other crap....
Reasons is not what i want... Since you gave reasons as to why Schumi did'nt win, i gave you reasons as to why Kimi didnt win...

What makes you think Schumi could have won when he just couldnt overtake Alonso.... Reasond...Reasons...Reasons....

If you think i'm talking crap, dont forget you were the one who started it ... Dont go on telling he could have won or she could have won... digest it... he didnt...
u dont have a sense what u are talking about.did anyone direct anything towards u,so why get involved.i just made a general comment that given the strategy MS had if the safety car did not come out MS should have won,if it bothers u just dont look at it,that is my evaluation of what happened and i dont need u to agree to that,so just for the sake of it dont say something that did not even happen because u didnt know what strategy kimi was on and did not see his pace for a corner.

Haters just dont want to mess an opportunity to bash MS.MS possibly could not overtake Fonso because he was crucially slow through turn 8 which leads to the best overtaking opportunity on the track and if u see FA was not that much slower than him.so get over it.

The bottom line is Ferrari and Michael both messed it up,but it was clear to see what lead to the events,The Safety car.
Old 28th August 2006, 23:44   #1057
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
u dont have a sense what u are talking about.
Do You ???

Quote:
i just made a general comment
So did I....

Quote:
so why get involved
Because of this.....
Quote:
just dont talk crap for the sake of it
Quote:
given the strategy MS had if the safety car did not come out MS should have won
Oh i didnt know that Schumi told you about his strategy... or did he ???

Quote:
if it bothers u just dont look at it
Same goes to you too dude....

Quote:
because u didnt know what strategy kimi was on
Did You... ???
Old 28th August 2006, 23:48   #1058
BHPian

Chill out guys...the race is over and done with...we shouldn't end up fighting over all this...So what if Fonsi ended up ahead of MS (or vice versa sometime else?)

Let's hope Kimi takes his bad luck with him when he defects over to Ferrari next year.
Old 28th August 2006, 23:49   #1059
Senior - BHPian

This seems to be getting personal again, like most F1 threads

Anyways, everyone knows and happened, and believe what could have happened if the SC hadn't come and so on. But no use bragging abt it now, next up..MONZA!!!

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=37143

This should also clear things up. Finally Alonso has admitted he was lucky to stay ahead of Michael

Last edited by adya33 : 29th August 2006 at 09:35.
Old 29th August 2006, 00:13   #1060
Senior - BHPian

Race Prediction - Monza 2006

This should be one BIG race. With Michael, Kimi and the rest deciding what they'll be doing and driving for next year. Also with 4races to go, it should also be an all-out battle between Renault and Ferrari and also between Alonso and Michael.

Certainly Ferrari seems to be in very good form, with Massa and Michael doing very well. And being its home circuit, anything short of a big victory isn't good.

Monza will probably be the hardest one to win, looking at the characteristics of the Ferrari car

Alonso quoted on www.f1.com

Last edited by karthik247 : 29th August 2006 at 00:19.
Old 29th August 2006, 00:52   #1061
Senior - BHPian

well now lets see FERRARI COUNTRY....land of MSC.....i doubt alonso has a chance....mind you i am a alonso fan...with msc knowing the circuit at the back of his hand..it is surely a schumi win....with alonso in 2nd....massa retires and the usual suspect raikko might also retire...these are my predicitions...by the way i am a mclaren fan also...but goin by the looks of it....i dont see them....near the c'ship.
Old 29th August 2006, 02:16   #1062
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

Monza is a very high speed track and F1 cars and MotoGP bikes hit extremely high speeds, compared to other tracks. Renault and Honda are going to suffer coz they lack straight line speed. Its gonna be all Ferrari and Mc Laren. Also, Toyota can easily challenge for a podium on this track. My predictions:
1. Kimi
2. Schmuck
3. Trulli
4. Massa / Webber (depending upon what sort-of day Williams and Cosworth are having)
Also, expect the Torro Rossos to do well, infact maybe better than the Red Bulls. If it rains in Monza; Kimi still wins, Schmuck drops to third, alonso sneaks into fourth, and (i'm not kidding) Kubica second.
Old 29th August 2006, 09:43   #1063
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
With Michael, Kimi and the rest deciding what they'll be doing and driving for next year
Aint it decided yet ???.... Well after watching the previous race, this one's surely going to be a big one... i think this track is more favorable to Ferrari as their straight line speed is greater than Renault's and its their home track...

Hey Karthik, thanks for posting the pic of the track, was hoping someone would....

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan
by the way i am a mclaren fan also...but goin by the looks of it....i dont see them....near the c'ship.
Looks like not this time my friend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjan united
My predictions:
1. Kimi
........... and (i'm not kidding) Kubica second.
Well if reliability is not an issue and he does'nt get himself involved in any accidents, then he has a fairly good chance of winning this one...
Kubica drove really well last race... but whether it rains or not, i doubt he'll get to second...

By the way, when is the race.... coming weekend ???

Last edited by Jay : 29th August 2006 at 09:44.
Old 29th August 2006, 09:51   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Anyways, everyone knows and happened, and believe what could have happened if the SC hadn't come and so on. But no use bragging abt it now, next up..MONZA!!!
No big deal...the SC period has actually worked out for MS on a lot of instances. Do not fret if it worked against him in one.
Old 29th August 2006, 09:55   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
Aint it decided yet ???
It might have already been decided but will be made public this race...Let's see..

McLaren do have the straight but have face problems with aerodynamics throughout. DLR seems to have had a much better time with the car than KR , though. Let's see what the Silver Arrows can do this time.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks