Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2011, 21:00   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
1) That is very very subjective. Good you are satisfied with the sound system. You better not hear an aftermarket one otherwise you will be bitten by the ICE bug. But even for OE systems, Skodas, VWs have very good ones much better than Hondas and Toyotas.

2) Still 2k My Bimmers already at 900. Use it more sir.
1. Yes akshay, it is subjective. I said it sounded 'good' not 'out of this world'. I have a high end Pioneer HU with JBL's and Subs attached in my Qualis and comparatively, I am not that dissatisfied. For a stock system it's 'good'.
2. For local driving small cars like my i10 or the Santro are more practical. One of the main reasons for the low mileage. And the thrill of the morning air on my 'Karizma' (done 4k in 9 years) for my tennis trips is something 'money can't buy'... lolz
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 23:09   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
1. Yes akshay, it is subjective. I said it sounded 'good' not 'out of this world'. I have a high end Pioneer HU with JBL's and Subs attached in my Qualis and comparatively, I am not that dissatisfied. For a stock system it's 'good'.
2. For local driving small cars like my i10 or the Santro are more practical. One of the main reasons for the low mileage. And the thrill of the morning air on my 'Karizma' (done 4k in 9 years) for my tennis trips is something 'money can't buy'... lolz
So don't you plan to upgrade the ICE in your T-Fort ?

And about the second point, true. I always felt that we should have couple of vehicles in the garage. Each for various occasions! Let me see if I can build a small little nice garage in the years to come.
Old 21st October 2011, 09:28   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
So don't you plan to upgrade the ICE in your T-Fort ?
Well the confusion is reigning large. Right now the choice has shifted to the 'german' Blaupunkt New York 800. I am hoping to get a demo from their sales executive some time soon. MRP is 35K. Will decide then...

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-eea4dc3b6299dc1ab64edf6abb58d37a.jpg

Review : Blaupunkt New York 800
Home Page : http://www.blaupunkt.de/index.php?id...no_cache=1&L=1

Last edited by dkaile : 21st October 2011 at 09:30.
Old 31st October 2011, 17:41   #214
Senior - BHPian

New Fuel Efficiency Report -

Got diesel (Normal Sada, no premium) filled up twice now in Delhi at Company Owned Filling Station. MID shows 11.1kmpl and actual figure is 11 exact (27 litres for 298km). 50% city and 50% Meerut-Delhi driving (that's can't be called a highway anymore due to traffic quantum...lolz). FE figures seem to be increasing as the engine is opening up.

These bl**dy buggers at Meerut are all chor's. Need to stick to the Delhi pumps for better and accurate fuel.

Last edited by dkaile : 31st October 2011 at 17:43.
Old 5th November 2011, 15:06   #215

Changed the head unit to Pioneer AVH-P4390DVD in my fortuner. Haven't yet go the steering controls working but the unit was available for ~2000.

The feel has completely changed from utility to pleasure.

Attached are a couple of pics of the same. Do notice the background color change
Attached Thumbnails
The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-281020111099.jpg  

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-281020111103.jpg  

vishal rathee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2011, 19:10   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal rathee View Post
Changed the head unit to Pioneer AVH-P4390DVD in my fortuner. Haven't yet go the steering controls working but the unit was available for ~2000.

The feel has completely changed from utility to pleasure.

Attached are a couple of pics of the same. Do notice the background color change
Thanks Vishal. 4390 was one of the initial shortlisted. It's available at a very attractive 20~K price too. Still I am little skeptical of the longevity of the sliders in Indian conditions. Also it lacks GPS (though can be added at an extra exorbitant cost). Pioneer has one the best sound qualities though. Do post your detailed experience with it and also the (photos of) steering control unit, as and when you install that.

BTW, I keep coming to Faridabad quite often (my in-laws). Do lets have a recce of each others vehicle one of these days.

Enjoy the solid Fortuner in the meanwhile.

Last edited by dkaile : 5th November 2011 at 19:13.
Old 6th November 2011, 00:00   #217
BANNED

Quote:
Is it available for INR 2000.00(two thousand) or INR 20,000.00(twenty thousand)?

Any changes to the stock speakers so far? Can you also post a few pics of the video it shows?
Old 6th November 2011, 01:09   #218
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Is it available for INR 2000.00(two thousand) or INR 20,000.00(twenty thousand)?

Any changes to the stock speakers so far? Can you also post a few pics of the video it shows?
The steering control adapter is for 2000 and the head unit for 20k.
Old 9th November 2011, 18:37   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Changed the head unit to Pioneer AVH-P4390DVD in my fortuner.
Does it have Bluetooth connectivity so as you can connect phones and talk through MIC somewhere and Speakers in the car? and if yes how is the reception and quality of calls and audio?

@dkaile On a separate note because the other thread is closed, any idea when the new fortuner is getting launched?
Old 9th November 2011, 19:12   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Does it have Bluetooth connectivity so as you can connect phones and talk through MIC somewhere and Speakers in the car? and if yes how is the reception and quality of calls and audio?

@dkaile On a separate note because the other thread is closed, any idea when the new fortuner is getting launched?
4390 does have BT connectivity with an additional adapter that needs to be attached and the reception is quite good as per the feedback I have received.

The thread is very well active for the New Fortuner here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...pg-6-a-15.html and I foresee it being launched at the Auto Expo in Jan 2012. So only a few days left for this timeless classic.
Old 22nd November 2011, 14:45   #221
Senior - BHPian

Another Month of great and highly satisfying driving experience. Got a FE of around 11.5 (MID says 11.8) on my Delhi-Meerut runs. The engine seems to have smoothened out quite a bit and the pickup also seems to be improving. The 3L engine is just a blast and overtaking occurs without a second thought though high speed handling can get a bit unruffled especially on poor roads. It's no Corolla at high speeds handling for sure. On smoother tarmac the sligshot pickup is just a joy. Have picked up a few scratches on the bumper corners due to congested traffic which have been touched up at the A-S-S for free.

I read on some other topic by a Fortuner owner that he was unsatisfied by the 3L engine's performance!!! and I was just surprised to hear how that was possible? Its a gem of a engine and one the best I have tasted in India. The brakes were another issue for him, which certainly could have been better, but overall are far better than many others I have driven. You need to understand that you CANNOT drive a SUV like a SEDAN and vice versa. That is where most such issues of handling and braking seem to be compared. All round disks wouldn't harm the Fortuner though and result in more assertive braking as the vehicle touches 120~140kmph at the touch of the accelerator. The light clutch is another thing I would like to highlight. Drove my Qualis recently after a long gap and it's clutch felt much harder.

Overall, its living up to the true Toyota hassle free ownership experience. Gosh, these Toyota people have me spoilt....
Old 2nd December 2011, 22:12   #222
Senior - BHPian

Stocking up at Walmart, Meerut... Long Live FDI in retail (enjoying wholesale for now~lolz), saves me a cool 1k on my grocery bills on every visit.

The street presence and the economy of the vehicle is making me enjoy it every day. It costs less than my Santro to run it around.

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-20111202_201122.jpg

The Millennium Falcon - Toyota Fortuner - The Raptor that is built to last-20111202_201051.jpg

Last edited by dkaile : 2nd December 2011 at 22:16.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2011, 00:02   #223
MAS
Senior - BHPian

@dkaile

Your Fortuner looks great. Very well maintained. How many kms have you clocked now? Please do update whenever possible.
Old 3rd December 2011, 09:00   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
@dkaile

Your Fortuner looks great. Very well maintained. How many kms have you clocked now? Please do update whenever possible.
Thanks for the compliment. As the odo is clicking quite slowly (as with all my previous vehicles), I will keep updated on some substantial runs. Still at around 3K only though, so the vehicle's pretty much brand new for now. I rarely do more than 7~10k kms in a year with a single vehicle.
Old 3rd December 2011, 14:29   #225
BHPian

Hey Dkaile,the falcon looks uber cool.
Do you have the HId's installed on it?
I have a XUV and innova but with With all the comparison with XUV and T fort I have great respect and in no ways a 14 lakh XUV can match the comfort and reliablity of a fortuner.
I would pick up the Auto T-fort very soon and join your club!!!The Classic looks Monsterous,but my requirement is specifically AT tranny.

Last edited by kedarwalke : 3rd December 2011 at 14:31.
kedarwalke is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks