Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2013, 17:56   #376
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
What is the MY (Model Year) of your car from VIN decoding? Mine is 2012. You need to get it checked out at the ASC. Mine is locking and unlocking from both doors.
Production Date is 08.11.2011 and model year is 2011. Mine also came with beige mats but i remember yours were black. OK Thanks a lot!!. I will get it checked at the ASC on Monday.
Old 5th January 2013, 17:58   #377
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambhav.jain View Post
Production Date is 08.11.2011 and model year is 2011. Mine also came with beige mats but i remember yours were black. OK Thanks a lot!!. I will get it checked at the ASC on Monday.
Production date has nothing to do with it. Its got to be a software error or a lose connection.
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2013, 18:33   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Production date has nothing to do with it.
It has everything to do with it. Software modules were changed post MY2012 in the Superb. Also Bluetooth module was added post MY2011 which was missing in earlier Superb's.
Quote:
Production Date is 08.11.2011 and model year is 2011. Mine also came with beige mats but i remember yours were black.
Yes, mine are all black. My production date was also 09.12.2011 BUT my Model Year was 2012. It was the current model on sale at that point of time. However they have now further added 'Start Stop button' and 'Keyless Go' in the Superb Elegance.

Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-skoda-vin-details.jpg

However, it may be a simple software upgrade job in all probability. Get it checked at the ASC.

I remember they updated my software on my 1st 7500km checkup which has something to do with the power seats memory issue, as far as I remember.

Last edited by dkaile : 5th January 2013 at 18:40.
Old 5th January 2013, 19:20   #379
BHPian

Quote:
My production date was also 09.12.2011 BUT my Model Year was 2012. It was the current model on sale at that point of time. However they have now further added 'Start Stop button' and 'Keyless Go' in the Superb Elegance.

Attachment 1034674

However, it may be a simple software upgrade job in all probability. Get it checked at the ASC.

I remember they updated my software on my 1st 7500km checkup which has something to do with the power seats memory issue, as far as I remember.
AFAIK the only difference between our cars is you have black mats and i have beige and the obvious your is Rosso Brunello and mine is White!! Jokes apart even though your car was manufactured a month later i don't think there is any other particular difference in our cars software or otherwise. I don't know if my car is MY 2011 or MY 2012. Even when i asked moderator Wildon my VIN details he din say anything about my MY http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post2984163. This website says my car is MY 2012 vagauto.com/mainclass.php?action=show.

Yes, they updated my software too during the 1st checkup and you remember right it was for the power seats memory issue. I will get it checked at the ASC on Monday.

Last edited by sambhav.jain : 5th January 2013 at 19:24.
Old 5th January 2013, 19:22   #380
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It has everything to do with it. Software modules were changed post MY2012 in the Superb. Also Bluetooth module was added post MY2011 which was missing in earlier Superb's.
Do you really think Skoda is going to mess around with something like not making the door unlock from the drivers side? I think that is an essential security component, to let the driver lock and unlock all doors. Agreed features like bluetooth, etc were added in the past few years but those are just features and Skoda would not do something ridiculous like making the driver unable unlock all doors.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 5th January 2013 at 19:28.
Old 5th January 2013, 20:19   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234

Do you really think Skoda is going to mess around with something like not making the door unlock from the drivers side? I think that is an essential security component, to let the driver lock and unlock all doors.
Agree that is unlikely. My 2010 Superb unlocks from the driver door, though I have to press unlock twice to open doors other than the drivers door based on the option I have chosen. The behaviour is the same from the passenger door (and the remote keys ) as well. I doubt they have deliberately disabled that in a model between my 2010 and @dkaile's 2012. This is almost certainly a fault, which needs attention in my view.
Old 5th January 2013, 21:42   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One more thing Dkaile, do all doors unlock from the driver side lock/unlock button on the door after locking it in your car? Because it doesn't in mine.
One more thing Sambhav, kindly check whether you are able to unlock all doors from driver side with a double click? If yes, then it may be a software glitch.

Try disabling 'lock all doors', switch off the car, remove key, lock car. Then unlock and check how both the doors behave. If they behave similarly i.e. both doors now unlock on double click THEN re-enable the 'lock all doors' feature and hope the feature comes back to normal. Otherwise ASC is the best option.
Old 6th January 2013, 01:49   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Also Bluetooth module was added post MY2011 which was missing in earlier Superb's
Mine is late 2010 one but it has the bluetooth module.
Old 6th January 2013, 10:01   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Mine is late 2010 one but it has the bluetooth module.
The 'Model Year' (MY) in Skoda's internal terminology which I am discussing should not be confused with the Model Year on your RTO Registration. These are 2 different things. Skoda usually starts production of the next year's MY cars from the middle of the preceding year in Europe (Apr-May onwards) which may be a little late in India. So your car in all probability is a MY 2011 car manufactured in late 2010 as mine was a MY 2012 but manufactured in late 2011.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 10:32   #385
Senior - BHPian

8000 KM Report

Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-skoda-superb-8222km-12.2kmpl-08012012.jpg

So the 'superb' Superb journey continues. The car crossed 8K kms thanks to some back to back journeys to the Passport Office at Ghaziabad (damn those bureaucrats) and a trip to Moradabad. The car gave a overall 'phenomenal' mileage of 12.2kmpl on this 575km trip. Thanks to the denser air and cooler climate the car has also been running smoother than ever before. No snags to report except the car drank about 250ml oil in the interim, which I had reported some posts back. The lowest temperature encountered in the car was 4.5C though Meerut touched an all time low in its history of -0.4C. This is one solid car.

My list of irritants -
- Bonnet release on wrong side
- No boot release button for mall security checks like in the Mk1

Last edited by dkaile : 9th January 2013 at 10:35.
dkaile is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 11:24   #386
Distinguished - BHPian

What? Bonnet release is on passenger side??? hmmm...
if you press the "unlock" buton twice, it does not open the boot?
Old 9th January 2013, 12:06   #387
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
What? Bonnet release is on passenger side??? hmmm...
Yup, this is a normal trait of cars mainly manufactured for left hand drive markets along with indicator stalks being on the other side of the steering wheel.
Old 9th January 2013, 12:24   #388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Yup, this is a normal trait of cars mainly manufactured for left hand drive markets along with indicator stalks being on the other side of the steering wheel.

But the Laura has it on the Driver's side!
Indicator and wiper stalk positions are something one can get used to, but the bonnet opener on passenger side is a real pain...
Old 9th January 2013, 12:47   #389
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
But the Laura has it on the Driver's side!
Indicator and wiper stalk positions are something one can get used to, but the bonnet opener on passenger side is a real pain...
The Laura has been altered to a greater level than the Superb.

I do not think it is a big issue since the bonnet is not opened very frequently unless one goes to a high security area like a 5 star hotel every day, but then, opinions differ.
Old 9th January 2013, 12:52   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I do not think it is a big issue since the bonnet is not opened very frequently unless one goes to a high security area like a 5 star hotel every day, but then, opinions differ.
We have to open it everyday while entering office parking and we sympathize with the Fiesta, Fabia and (old) Logan owners who have to go through the ordeal...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks