Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2014, 19:46   #31
PVS
BHPian

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 30K kms up!

Congrats on your latest purchase Anurag. Hope you get many satisfying miles out of it. Not sure if you have got the under body anti rust treatment from 3M, but get it done, if you haven't. Its worth it.
PVS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 19:59   #32
BANNED

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 30K kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Congrats on your latest purchase Anurag. Hope you get many satisfying miles out of it. Not sure if you have got the under body anti rust treatment from 3M, but get it done, if you haven't. Its worth it.
Thanks PVS.

I have got the anti-rust treatment done on the day of delivery itself.

Anurag.
Old 6th January 2014, 21:33   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the car as well as a passionately written review!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Based on your running, I guess your next car will be 2014 Swift. I am amazed at the FE you have been clocking from the first fill. Wish you miles of smiles and happy motoring!

Between, couple of suggestions.

1. Didn't like you chopping the LIVE TO DRIVE sticker.
2. Rear is too cluttered with too many badges / stickers
3. Please do add a rear spoiler - the car deserves one to look cuter.
Old 6th January 2014, 21:45   #34
BHPian

Congrats on your new purchase Anurag sir!

Was very much awaiting your review the second I read that you are getting a Swift! Loved the review very much.

I really cannot understand how Maruti comes up with the feature list for their cars. Not providing an internal boot release on the Swift ZDi when many lower cars have them!
Old 6th January 2014, 21:57   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Congrats on the car as well as a passionately written review!
Thank you.

Quote:
Based on your running, I guess your next car will be 2014 Swift. I am amazed at the FE you have been clocking from the first fill. Wish you miles of smiles and happy motoring!
Lol. There is just 1kmpl difference between actual calculation and MID Data.

Between, couple of suggestions.

Quote:
1. Didn't like you chopping the LIVE TO DRIVE sticker.
2. Rear is too cluttered with too many badges / stickers
3. Please do add a rear spoiler - the car deserves one to look cuter.
Hmm. Thanks for the suggestions. Shall look into the spoiler for the Swift once the Vitamin-M comes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolbh View Post
Congrats on your new purchase Anurag sir!

Was very much awaiting your review the second I read that you are getting a Swift! Loved the review very much.

I really cannot understand how Maruti comes up with the feature list for their cars. Not providing an internal boot release on the Swift ZDi when many lower cars have them!
Thank you Amol for the appreciation.

Happy that you liked the review.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 22:14   #36
Senior - BHPian

Good prologue and good review.

Congratulations Anurag. My 2010 Swift D has clocked 31.2K Kms, lets see who will reach 50K kms first

Have you not installed seat covers yet ?
Old 6th January 2014, 22:35   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Good prologue and good review.

Congratulations Anurag. My 2010 Swift D has clocked 31.2K Kms, lets see who will reach 50K kms first.

Have you not installed seat covers yet?
Lol. I accept the 50K challenge. Will compete 2K by tomorrow.

Regarding seat covers, not yet. Will do soon.

Anurag.
Old 6th January 2014, 23:14   #38
BHPian

Congrats anurag on the swift, blue looks really great on it and kind of exclusive too.

Seeing the amount of driving you do you would run out of warranty before 2 years have you thought of taking extended warranty?

Regarding the Seat covers why not check out the RS kit seat covers? They look really good with the black and blue contrast. I don't think the dealer would mind giving just the seat covers.

Also, suggest you to get the rubber door side guard from maruti. They cost about Rs.14 and do the job well of protecting the door edge.

Last edited by rockporiom : 6th January 2014 at 23:18.
Old 6th January 2014, 23:16   #39
BHPian

Congrats for the Blue Streak Anurag. Wishing you miles of joy with the new beast. One of the best colors I have seen in a while .
Old 6th January 2014, 23:23   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Congratsanurag on the swift, blue looks really great on it and kind of exclusive too.

Seeing the amount of driving you do you would run out of warranty before 2 years have you thought of taking extended warranty?

Regarding the Seat covers why not check out the RS kit seat covers? They look really good with the black and blue contrast. I don't think the dealer would mind giving just the seat covers.

Also, suggest you to get the rubber door side guard from maruti. They cost about Rs.14 and do the job well of protecting the door edge.
Will be going to 3M coming week to install the PPF on the first edges and door handle cups for protection from scratches etc.

No extended warranty taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane78 View Post
Congrats for the Blue Streak Anurag. Wishing you miles of joy with the new beast. One of the best colors I have seen in a while .
Thanks Shashi.

Anurag.
Old 7th January 2014, 00:18   #41
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the car! Even with the advent of other hatches, this car, in that very same colour, is at the top of my list for under 10lakhs, Infact while searching for a car, we had booked a Torque Blue Swift ZDi as a fail safe. My father did not even bother sitting in the car or testing it out. Even the showroom folk were surprised because we walked in, said we want to book a ZDi Swift in torque blue, and that was that. Without even knowing the costs, booking amount etc. Just brought with us all the needed details.

According to me, it is the embodiment of what a hot hatch should be. Not a 1 series or a polo gt. Something that feels easy to drive, has a good chassis/suspension, is light and chuck-able making it fun to drive, with all the required kit and good looks and which at the end of the day, is reliable and doesn't cost a bomb to fix if something goes wrong. Something you do not feel like you are stretching to own, yet ticks all the right boxes on your list and puts a smile on your face when you drive

Hope you have many years of trouble free ownership and looking at your running, I think you will be buying the next gen Swift when it is out in 2017/8? Anyway where do you live and travel to if you are commuting about a 100km a day??
Oh and if you ever plan on booking a popular Maruti Suzuki car again, I know a few people and would be happy to help you decrease the waiting period (had read about how that swayed your decision in the past).

Cheers!

Last edited by IshaanIan : 7th January 2014 at 00:21.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 01:20   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Infact while searching for a car, we had booked a Torque Blue Swift ZDi as a fail safe. My father did not even bother sitting in the car or testing it out. Even the showroom folk were surprised because we walked in, said we want to book a ZDi Swift in torque blue, and that was that. Without even knowing the costs, booking amount etc. Just brought with us all the needed details.

According to me, it is the embodiment of what a hot hatch should be. Not a 1 series or a polo gt. Something that feels easy to drive, has a good chassis/suspension, is light and chuck-able making it fun to drive, with all the required kit and good looks and which at the end of the day, is reliable and doesn't cost a bomb to fix if something goes wrong. Something you do not feel like you are stretching to own, yet ticks all the right boxes on your list and puts a smile on your face when you drive

Hope you have many years of trouble free ownership and looking at your running, I think you will be buying the next gen Swift when it is out in 2017/8? Anyway where do you live and travel to if you are commuting about a 100km a day??
Oh and if you ever plan on booking a popular Maruti Suzuki car again, I know a few people and would be happy to help you decrease the waiting period (had read about how that swayed your decision in the past).

Cheers!
Thanks buddy.

I stay near Bowenpally and work at Patancheru so the 100 kms per day. We can meet up buddy. Want to drive your Kizashi .

I love the Swift and I was fixed on it if the Ritz has to go. Just did the TD for time pass. Though dad doesn't like the Swift but it was bought only for me. At home they know that I go weak in my knees when the Swift topic arises. A big fan of this no matter what the rattles are.

Thing important to me, it should put a smile on the face when I go for a drive which the Swift does the most. I may be one-sided but that's the Swift worth of.

Hhmm, the next car I don't know. Let me enjoy this car first.

OT, keep yourself and the car free on 26th of Jan for the meet. Join up!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 11:54   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Thanks buddy.

I stay near Bowenpally and work at Patancheru so the 100 kms per day. We can meet up buddy. Want to drive your Kizashi .

I love the Swift and I was fixed on it if the Ritz has to go. Just did the TD for time pass. Though dad doesn't like the Swift but it was bought only for me. At home they know that I go weak in my knees when the Swift topic arises. A big fan of this no matter what the rattles are.

Thing important to me, it should put a smile on the face when I go for a drive which the Swift does the most. I may be one-sided but that's the Swift worth of.

Hhmm, the next car I don't know. Let me enjoy this car first.

OT, keep yourself and the car free on 26th of Jan for the meet. Join up!

Anurag.
Woah! Bowenpally to Patancheru? That must also be quite an annoying route no?

It would be nice to have been able to meet up sometime. Wish I had known earlier though since I am going back to Bangalore for the next semester in college so I don't think I will be able to make it for the 26th Jan meet.

We definitely should be able to meet during my holidays in the summer and yes you would be able to have a go in my car Hopefully there might be another t-bhp meet sometime then too, cause sadly I've never been to one of them.
Old 7th January 2014, 16:49   #44
BANNED

The odometer reading as of today morning was when I was refuelling my tank:

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140107_072842.jpg

Not an update but some information:

Was bored so plugged in the ELM 327 OBD II reader and got some information.

Accelerator Pedal position @ 80 kmph
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-acc-pedal-80-kmph.png

Transmission oil temp + Coolant temp @ 80 kmph
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-80-kmph.png

GPS Speed vs ECU Speed @ 80 kmph
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-gps-vs-ecu.png

@ 80 kmph
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-80-kmph-1.png

Fuelling @ 80 kmph
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-80-kmph-3.png

Transmission oil + Coolant Temp @ 80 kmph
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-80-kmph-4.png

@ 100 kmph
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-100-kmph.png

Fuelling @ 100 kmph
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-100-kmph-1.png

Transmission oil + Coolant Temp @ 100 kmph
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-100-kmph-2.png

Accelerator Pedal position @ 100 kmph
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-100-kmph-4.png

Fuel Flow @ 100 kmph
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-100-kmph-5.png

GPS Speed vs ECU Speed @ 100 kmph
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-100-kmph-3.png

At 60 kmph @ turbo just spooling up
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-60-kmph-turbo.png

Maximum Turbo boost achieved - 17.5 psi!
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-accln-boost-max.png

Idle position of accelerator pedal (Engine OFF)
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-no-acc-input-engine-off.png

Full accelerator pedal pressed (Engine OFF)
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-full-acc-input-engine-off.png

Idle Battery voltage (Engine OFF)
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-just-ignition.png

Power (HP) & Torque (Nm)
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-hp-nm.png

Last edited by a4anurag : 7th January 2014 at 17:11.
a4anurag is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 09:36   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Read the thread posted by BHPian Getsurya:
Hi Anurag,

Many congratulations on the Blue Streak! The details with the pictures is commendable.

Coming to 3M, I am a very happy Customer for them and I like the professionalism they exhibit with all the cars. I am glad that you had your shine and gleam protected now.

I was running little tight on the office front and could not join you last week, however looking forward to seeing your new ride in all its sheen soon!

Happy Motoring!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks