Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2014, 12:40   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
In my second service I am being told that I need to put up an A/C blower air filter into the car costing around Rs. 350. The SA says it is not put into the factory but put during service to prevent the blockage/dirt accumulation in ac blower.
Is it really necessary and worth going for?
Yes..
Trust me.The difference in my car was very pronounced when I paid for it.
So if you dont mind the cost, I suggest u go ahead.
At first you wont feel any difference, but when you are going on some dirt roads, you will find that not much of the dust collects on the airway kept for the ac thereby resulting in cleaner air for you.
ayush1434 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 17:21   #152
BANNED

Quote:

In my second service I am being told that I need to put up an A/C blower air filter into the car costing around Rs. 350. The SA says it is not put into the factory but put during service to prevent the blockage/dirt accumulation in ac blower.
Is it really necessary and worth going for?
Since my car has factory fit Cabin air filter, I didn't add it in the second service.
But I do recommend it for all cars as there is a marked difference in air quality. Since it is hardly costing Rs 350, get it fit in your car too.

I'll be changing the filter every 20K kms.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 09:52   #153
BHPian

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 30K kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Since my car has factory fit Cabin air filter, I didn't add it in the second service.
But I do recommend it for all cars as there is a marked difference in air quality. Since it is hardly costing Rs 350, get it fit in your car too.

I'll be changing the filter every 20K kms.

Anurag.
Thats strange that the Swift ZDi has it factory fitted while the Dzire ZDi does not. Anyways got it fitted yesterday.
Old 26th March 2014, 10:08   #154
BANNED

Quote:

Thats strange that the Swift ZDi has it factory fitted while the Dzire ZDi does not. Anyways got it fitted yesterday.
You went to MASS only for this cabin filter addition or the 2ns service was due?

How you were charged Rs 350 and not more!

Anurag.
Old 26th March 2014, 11:06   #155
BHPian

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 30K kms up!

Quote:
You went to MASS only for this cabin filter addition or the 2ns service was due?

How you were charged Rs 350 and not more!

Anurag.
I went for 2nd service & was advised to go in for cabin filter addition. That was when I posted on this thread.
I never said that I was charged just Rs 350, the total bill came out to be around 800 rupees.
Will post it once I write up my ownership review.
Old 26th March 2014, 16:58   #156
BANNED

Quote:

I never said that I was charged just Rs 350, the total bill came out to be around 800 rupees.
No no brother. You are misunderstanding me.

I meant hope you were charged Rs 350 for the filter ONLY.

Anurag.
Old 27th March 2014, 10:04   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent Review, Anurag! And very nice colour too! Drive Safe!

Sad to hear about the incident mentioned in the previous page, but good to see that car back in pristine condition.
Old 27th March 2014, 10:28   #158
BHPian

Quote:
No no brother. You are misunderstanding me.

I meant hope you were charged Rs 350 for the filter ONLY.

Anurag.
Yeap, I was charged only Rs. 350 for the filter.
Rest was because of alignment and wheel balancing.
Old 28th March 2014, 09:12   #159
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Excellent Review, Anurag! And very nice colour too! Drive Safe!

Sad to hear about the incident mentioned in the previous page, but good to see that car back in pristine condition.
Thanks Arun. The colour, Ah, makes me stare at it with all attention and love. Very addictive colour but a pain to maintain.

Quote:
Yeap, I was charged only Rs. 350 for the filter.
Rest was because of alignment and wheel balancing.
Any difference noticed in A/C operation or cooling?

Anurag.
Old 28th March 2014, 10:20   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since my car has factory fit Cabin air filter, I didn't add it in the second service. But I do recommend it for all cars as there is a marked difference in air quality.
Anurag, could you please let me know if the Ritz would also be fitted with this from the factory?

Also, what advantages would this provide to the occupants of the car? Cleaner air I guess but does it avoid stale/foul smell in the car which would negate the use of a air cleaner/diffuser?
Old 28th March 2014, 10:27   #161
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Anurag, could you please let me know if the Ritz would also be fitted with this from the factory?

Also, what advantages would this provide to the occupants of the car? Cleaner air I guess but does it avoid stale/foul smell in the car which would negate the use of a air cleaner/diffuser?
Usually Maruti doesn't give the filter factory fitted. You need to ask for it during service.

The stale/foul smell is due to moisture building up in the AC vents. Only way to get rid of smell is to go for AC cleaning. 3M does this.

The cabin filter just ensures that with AC on the air is filtered. It works doesn't allow the smell from outside or excess dust to get into the cabin.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 11:07   #162
BANNED

Quote:
Yes, during the delivery if both the cars (my Swift ZDi and Dad's Ertiga ZDi) I checked whether the cabin air filter was present or no. It was there in my Ritz too but I never realised that such a filter existed.

Quote:
Clean and dust free air is its motto. Stale/foul odour would be due to moisture that could be inside the car (interiors and AC vents) where the yeast and molds are able to grow causing the odour. I don't think the cabin air filter traps any odour.

I have been living with it since long and I feel it is like a proactive element to keep the interiors clean. Not mandated but recommended. I have not seen any dust from outside being blown in.

Anurag.
Old 29th March 2014, 12:38   #163
BANNED

Quoting my own post from a few pages back where I had ordered these from the stockist in Hyderabad.

Book 1 and 3 have arrived and awaiting arrival of Book 2 (Workshop manual) which is expected by Tuesday or Thursday.

Quote:
1) Parts Catalogue for Swift DDiS (Part No.: 99000M24120-726) - Rs 186/-

2) Workshop Manual for Swift DDiS (Part No.: 99500M74L00-74E) - Rs 1000/-

3) Supplementary Manual for Swift DDiS (Part No.: 99510M74L00-74E) - Rs 300/-

I paid an advance of Rs 1000/- for these 3 books.
Anurag.
Old 30th March 2014, 18:32   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Any difference noticed in A/C operation or cooling?

Anurag.
Just came back from a 650 KM long trip.
It was the first time that I actually needed to use the AC since I purchased the car, so I cannot identify the difference as such b/w air filter & no filter.
The A/C temp was set to 25 degrees, while the outside temp being displayed was 29 degrees. And the A/C was pretty effective.

But I still am not able to understand the fact that, why would maruti put something like cabin air filter in Swift but not in Dzire & then would leave it to the service guys to put it as a fitment.
Old 30th March 2014, 19:52   #165
BANNED

Quote:
Just came back from a 650 KM long trip.
It was the first time that I actually needed to use the AC since I purchased the car, so I cannot identify the difference as such b/w air filter & no filter.
The A/C temp was set to 25 degrees, while the outside temp being displayed was 29 degrees. And the A/C was pretty effective.

But I still am not able to understand the fact that, why would maruti put something like cabin air filter in Swift but not in Dzire & then would leave it to the service guys to put it as a fitment.
You'll notice the difference in long run as you clock miles on it over normal, dusty roads.

The car would feel clean as not much dust is blown in.

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks