Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2014, 22:01   #241
BANNED

Re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 20K kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Anurag,

Have you taken your car to MASS for repair? What is the present condition?
What is the cost estimation and the amount of damage?

It is a pain to see the car in that condition. Hope the car will be back to normalcy soon. And please don't forget to post the pics after treatment.
I haven't taken the car to MASS as yet but did talk to my SA who is actually out of town till this weekend. So should be taking the car by Tuesday. Shall post all the details pertaining to this repair.

I keep doing circus everyday of using the passenger door for ingress and egress!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 00:29   #242
BHPian

Re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 20K kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
So should be taking the car by Tuesday. I keep doing circus everyday of using the passenger door for ingress and egress!
Make sure your circus doesn't damage those door hinges further. I would like to check the car once this weekend. Please make sure they don't mess up the paint job.
Old 2nd October 2014, 04:55   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Anurag, any update on the above? It's been more than 10 days since the accident. Seems like the front fender has taken a heavy hit.

BTW, ODO clicks missing for many days.
Old 2nd October 2014, 08:49   #244
BHPian

Nope. Saar is very busy. He has not yet taken the car to the workshop. Moreover the long festive weekend would slow down things. So expecting the streak back in shape by say Oct 10th
Old 2nd October 2014, 08:51   #245
BANNED

Quote:

Anurag, any update on the above? Seems like the front fender has taken a heavy hit.

BTW, ODO clicks missing for many days
No Saar. The car and fender is still in bad shape. Been ultra busy at work so couldn't let the car go. Moreover this week has taken toll on MASS as workers are going on long leave so the car pile up is higher.

In this mess, I didn't want my Steak to go to MASS and get half attention. So have reserved a slot for Tuesday. Hopefully it goes by then.

Odometer stands at 25300 kms currently.

As requested, picture was taken 3 days back:

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-rps20141002_085423.jpg

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 2nd October 2014 at 08:59.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2014, 21:56   #246
BHPian

Quote:

Odometer stands at 25300 kms currently.

As requested, picture was taken 3 days back:

Anurag.
It is nice to see the FE always hovering between 21 to 22 kmpl. You are lucky to use only highways and empty, broad ORR on the way to work. But if you were to use the city roads, the average FE might come down drastically.
Old 2nd October 2014, 22:01   #247
BANNED

Quote:
It is nice to see the FE always hovering between 21 to 22 kmpl. You are lucky to use only highways and empty, broad ORR on the way to work. But if you were to use the city roads, the average FE might come down drastically.
No more ORR saar!

I have stopped using the ORR since 1 month. Too boring it was becoming! I have two routes that I use based on traffic and mood.

Route 1: Home - Bowenpally - Balanagar - Kukatpally - Miyapur - Lingampally - Patancheru - Isnapur - Office!

Route 2: Home - Kompally - Gandimaisamma - Miyapur - Lingampally - Patancheru - Isnapur - Office!

ORR I use only on emergency and if I have to reach home early.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2014, 23:07   #248
BHPian

Quote:
No more ORR saar!

I have stopped using the ORR since 1 month. Too boring it was becoming! I have two routes that I use based on traffic and mood.

Route 1: Home - Bowenpally - Balanagar - Kukatpally - Miyapur - Lingampally - Patancheru - Isnapur - Office!

Route 2: Home - Kompally - Gandimaisamma - Miyapur - Lingampally - Patancheru - Isnapur - Office!

ORR I use only on emergency and if I have to reach home early.

Anurag.
Route 1 is what I use to go to office in the cab everyday. What time do you go to office? The route is normally very congested and heavy traffic prone. Once, on my return from work, there was traffic jam for a kilometer at 7.00 a.m in the morning at Narsapur traffic signal. May be the route 2 works out best for you.
Old 2nd October 2014, 23:10   #249
BANNED

Quote:

Route 1 is what I use to go to office in the cab everyday. What time do you go to office? May be the route 2 works out best for you.
I use the route 2 more as it more peaceful. If I ain't in a hurry then it is route 1.

I work in shifts so during the time I travel, the world is sleeping.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 12:39   #250
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Get the car checked tomorrow and let us know the about on the door jam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Am sure the Maruti guys will bring it back to shape with a perfect color match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Both the fenders have to replaced and a downtime of at least 2 days depending on insurance clearance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I am glad you came out unscathed. It would be paining to see the car in such a condition but hopefully M.A.S.S. will be able to fix things up soon. Do post an update about the total estimate and the time it will take to fix her up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
MASS will bring it back to the pristine condition,so no worries.
Quote:
Anurag,

Guys, I am back with a good update but a partial one!

Here are the W.I.P pictures of the front fender.

MASS was too busy to attend the car with the required attention so I spoke to the service head and informed him that I'll be doing this repair at an FNG along with painting. He agreed to it!

Shall put up the details of the workshop where this is being done once the painting is done!

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20141014_122231.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20141014_122254.jpg

Here in Hyderabad, power cuts are more so the painting work has come to a halt. The guys have asked one full day for the part to be painted exactly as needed. I shall visiting them in a day or two to get it repainted.

Quality of work till now: Excellent!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was chugging along a truck on the highway at 40-45 kmph when a large stone from the lorry ahead came and hit the windscreen.

Following was the damage done.

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20141007_160853.jpg

Now thinking what to do and the way forward.

Is it replacement or is there any way to stop the crack to spread?

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 12:52   #251
Team-BHP Support

It is best to get it replaced Anurag. Get a quote from MASS and from Windshield Experts - they are very competent when it comes to replacing the windshields. We have a thread on the forums as well.

http://www.windshieldexperts.com/loc...erts-hyderabad
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 13:09   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anurag.
Sad to see that Anurag. The crack will increase slowly and as you drive the car. So, it is better to get it replaced.
The good thing, as you must be knowing yourself is that the insurance will cover 100% of the windshield price, but you will lose NCB next year, in case you have not claimed the insurance this year. So, take that in account before taking a call. Also, the insurance will not cover the cost of sealants & other partially covered stuff like rubber beadings & mouldings, which in all will amount to about Rs. 3K at MASS (excluding the cost of windshield). I think the windshield should cost about Rs. 5K at least. If you get it from outside MASS, it will cost you lesser. The only difference will be there will not be any 'Maruti' stamp on the glass. However, manufacturer would be the same. Always go for laminated glass. This should help you decide.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 20:56   #253
BHPian

Quote:

Was chugging along a truck on the highway at 40-45 kmph when a large stone from the lorry ahead came and hit the windscreen.

Now thinking what to do and the way forward.

Anurag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
If you get it from outside MASS, it will cost you lesser. The only difference will be there will not be any 'Maruti' stamp on the glass. However, manufacturer would be the same. Always go for laminated glass. This should help you decide.

Regards,
Saket
That's a very bad sight. As Saket has suggested, check with MASS about the insurance formalities. If you do not want to avail insurance, and want to buy the windshied from outside, I suggest you to go to Prakash Glass House which is exactly opposite to Paradise hotel in Secunderabad. I got the rear side glass replaced from this place for my Safari two years back. They have done a neat job.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 21:39   #254
BHPian

Finally. Good to see the progress. Don't get the car waxed or polished for 15 to 20 days after the paint job.

Regarding the windshield chip, get it changed buddy, i know how pathetic it has become. This swap shall solve your visibility issues.
Old 15th October 2014, 00:43   #255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

That's bad luck again, I faced a similar incident in my Dzire couple of years back. In my case the crack was little smaller than yours, MASS advised me to monitor the crack and if it expands then they asked me to replace the windscreen. But the crack never expanded, even after the high impact accident which I faced.

But if its obstructing your view then it's better to replace the windscreen immediately.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks