Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2014, 09:44   #226
BHPian

Re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 20K kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Got the seat covers done for the Swift today. Work was done within 2 hours and the quality is good, no rough edges or stretches (excessive tension). While on this, dad got the floor mating done (end to end), chose dark grey colour.
The Seat covers look good. All black theme is now justified. The carpeting however is not to my liking. In case of a spill, the perforated material will be a nightmare to clean ?

Quote:
-> Universal Premium Wipers from Auto Trends (Ordered, yet to be delivered)
-> LED bulbs for interior cabin light + brake light + indicators
->Arm rest.
Are these Universal one's superior to Hella's? Also check out the Carz madhapur or twisties. Remember checking out few super cool LED's for the swift.
Old 8th August 2014, 09:48   #227
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
In case of a spill, the perforated material will be a nightmare to clean ?
It isn't perforated so spillage will be held where it spills

Quote:
Are these Universal one's superior to Hella's? Also check out the Carz madhapur or twisties. Remember checking out few super cool LED's for the swift.
Yet to check those wipers. Let the arrive and I shall update the thread. Will do check these outlets and Reliance Auto Trends too. Thanks.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2014, 19:16   #228
Senior - BHPian

Re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 20K kms

Quote:

No such complaints except for the vibration felt between 1800 - 2100 RPM.

-> Engine Oil (5W40) - Synthetic (Shell Helix)
-> Coolant
-> Brake Fluid
-> Cabin Air Filter
-> (a)Fuel Filter
-> (b)Air Filter
-> (c)Engine oil filter

[a, b, c] - This is clubbed and labelled as "Service Kit".

Extra work done:
-> Caliper Greasing
-> A/C Blower Cleaning
Was there no labor charge for caliper pic greasing? I can see that only grease sachet has been charged! In Mumbai there is labor charge for it
Old 10th August 2014, 19:31   #229
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post

Was there no labor charge for caliper pic greasing? I can see that only grease sachet has been charged! In Mumbai there is labor charge for it
No charge buddy. Only the sachet was charged.

This is what the SA said but I don't believe him, may be the amount is included the main labour.

Anurag.
Old 14th September 2014, 20:15   #230
BANNED

Hello Guys,

Back with a sad update after a small gap.

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140914_122548.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140914_122553.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140914_122600.jpg

Was on ORR driving to work at 90 kmph in the 2 lane as seen in the picture below (Source: Google).

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-57710267.jpg

The divider has neatly cut bushes which block vision of the opposite side, hence nothing can be judged of what is coming from the other side or if anyone is crossing.

Was driving steadily and I see a buffalo on the divider and the next moment that thing is on the lane I am travelling! Damn!

Cut left to save myself and the buffalo. Ufff! Was partially lucky as the horns of the buffalo hit the car.

The unlucky part is there was VW Passat behind that suffered the maximum damage as he could move out of the path.

Since today is Sunday shall be going to MASS to get this thing corrected.

Anurag.
Old 14th September 2014, 23:23   #231
BHPian

The animals on our highways has always been an issue. Sad to see the damage. In a way I'm happy that it was major and you came out safe. Get the car checked tomorrow and let us know the about on the door jam.
Old 14th September 2014, 23:24   #232
Senior - BHPian

Sad to see the update buddy but grateful that you managed to swerve at the last moment and managed to avoid a major accident. Had the impact been from front, the damage would have been severe.

Its sad to see the car in this state but going from your previous incident with the rear bumper, am sure the Maruti guys will bring it back to shape with a perfect color match.
Old 14th September 2014, 23:31   #233
BANNED

Quote:
The animals on our highways has always been an issue. Sad to see the damage. In a way I'm happy that it was major and you came out safe. Get the car checked tomorrow and let us know the about on the door jam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post

Its sad to see the car in this state but going from your previous incident with the rear bumper, am sure the Maruti guys will bring it back to shape with a perfect color match.
God's grace to be frank. There were 6-7 buffalo's out of which 4-5 were sitting and eating and the other was this crazy buffalo who was running around. Didn't know it'll cut across like this.

Whatever it is, shall visit MASS and get things right ASAP. Have total confidence in them.

Anurag.
Old 14th September 2014, 23:33   #234
BHPian

You should thank your stars. Somebody up there was watching you. Hitting a buffalo at that speed can be devastating.

I thought the edges of ORR have been fenced such that no animal can cross over to the ORR. I do not go on ORR very often, but I haven't seen dogs or other animals on it. Surprising how a buffalo crossed over onto the ORR.
Old 14th September 2014, 23:36   #235
Senior - BHPian

Oh. Sorry to hear the story bro. I hope you have zero dep insurance cover. Both the fenders have to replaced and a downtime of at least 2 days depending on insurance clearance.

Drive Safe and thank god that he saved you from an headon collision with the buffalo, else the it would have been a total loss.

So see the positive side of this incident and move on.

Take care !!
Old 14th September 2014, 23:41   #236
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post

I thought the edges of ORR have been fenced such that no animal can cross over to the ORR. I do not go on ORR very often, but I haven't seen dogs or other animals on it. Surprising how a buffalo crossed over onto the ORR.
There are fences of 7-8 feet height throughout the ORR.

This incident happened near the Exit-4 (Balanagar) where the ORR merges near the exit. At this point the buffalo's were sitting and eating happily. One mad thing was frisky and running.

My bad luck it came out of the bushes over the divider onto the incoming traffic. I see at least 2-3 dead dogs everyday on ORR.

Try using the ORR between 7-8 am and you'll have people doing yoga and meditation on the rightmost lane (beside the divider). If people can be so ridiculous I don't blame animals.

Anurag.
Old 15th September 2014, 11:24   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Sad, unavoidable accident. Sorry to hear about it, Anurag.

Thank goodness the damage is superficial, and Blue Streak can be repaired back to it's original shape again. Do get the zero-depreciation add-on added to your insurance at the next renewal date, it is of immense help during situations like this.

I am glad you came out unscathed. It would be paining to see the car in such a condition but hopefully M.A.S.S. will be able to fix things up soon. Do post an update about the total estimate and the time it will take to fix her up.

Plenty of good wishes from my side, buddy.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 14:27   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Anurag, Sorry to hear about this incident. But good to hear that it ended by with some minor damages to the car and nothing serious. MASS will bring it back to the pristine condition,so no worries.

Take Care and Drive Safe!
Old 15th September 2014, 20:09   #239
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
You should thank your stars. Somebody up there was watching you. Hitting a buffalo at that speed can be devastating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Drive Safe and thank god that he saved you from an headon collision with the buffalo, else the it would have been a total loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

I am glad you came out unscathed. It would be paining to see the car in such a condition
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Anurag, Sorry to hear about this incident.
Thanks a lot guys for the wishes. Haven't taken the car to MASS yet. Too busy and tired at work. Hopefully should go there tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------

Whatever said and done, the respect I had for 'Swift' as a car, as a handler has proved itself and it has down even more.

At 90kmph, one nudge to wheel and all it does is changes the lane without much drama. What a 'tight' setup car, ultra happy with it.

No wonder there are people who swear by this car even today for its handling characteristics.

All I can say is Thank God and Thank you Maruti Suzuki. Most importantly Thanks to my parents who got me the car.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 21:58   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot guys for the wishes. Haven't taken the car to MASS yet. Too busy and tired at work. Hopefully should go there tomorrow.
Anurag.
Anurag,

Have you taken your car to MASS for repair? What is the present condition?
What is the cost estimation and the amount of damage?

It is a pain to see the car in that condition. Hope the car will be back to normalcy soon. And please don't forget to post the pics after treatment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks