Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2015, 17:26   #361
Senior - BHPian

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Aim now is to reach 1,00,000 kms faster so that the S-Cross can be put in the Swift's place.
Congrats on hitting 50k mark in less than 2 years! that's a lot of running.

Looks like you are smitten by the S Cross. I'm waiting to check it out too,especially the 1.6 engine.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 18:18   #362
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

Congrats on hitting 50k mark in less than 2 years! that's a lot of running.

Looks like you are smitten by the S Cross. I'm waiting to check it out too,especially the 1.6 engine.
Thanks buddy.

Smitten is an understatement actually. Waiting for my car to click 1 lakh now.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 19:16   #363
BHPian

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold

Quote:
Aim now is to reach 1,00,000 kms faster so that the S-Cross can be put in the Swift's place.
50,000 km in a year and a half is a lot! The most I have done on any vehicle in a short span is 30,000 km in that same amount of time on my P220. I would have done the same on my Duke but with all the trouble it gave me it was parked at the service centre for a good amount of time. Three engine teardowns within the first 14,000 km or one year until the engine was finally replaced under warranty! But I know my Swift won't see that kind of mileage for a long time.

1,00,000 km won't take much time either. After another year or so I guess we will see a review of the 1.6 DDiS in your name.

PS: I have responded to both your headlight posts in the automotive light thread itself.
Darth Sid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 20:40   #364
Team-BHP Support

You remind me of my early days - 56k in two years.

Congrats on the milestone and drive safe. And target two lakh
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 23:12   #365
Senior - BHPian

^^ I agree

1 lakh kms is too small a milestone for you. You should aim higher
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 23:41   #366
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sid View Post
PS: I have responded to both your headlight posts in the automotive light thread itself.
Thanks Sid.

Here is the link to the post containing details on the headlight upgrade that I have done:

Light Upgrade!
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 07:46   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sid.

Here is the link to the post containing details on the headlight upgrade that I have done:

Light Upgrade!
Thanks again for yet another useful piece of info! I think it is pretty much decided that the harness is going to be a Hella and the bulbs Philips Rally. Both appear to be easily available online so should be available in brick and mortar stores as well.

I also noted a couple of posts after the one linked above that the stock bulbs were Osram Bilux and you found them useless. They must be made in India then. I mention this because the stock H4 bulb in my Duke's headlamp was also an Osram Bilux but that one was made in Germany. I replaced it with a made in Poland Philips Xtreme Vision and found no perceptible improvement.

The above also leads me to believe that I will have to upgrade my Duke's headlamp once I upgrade my Swift's. No 100/90 option for that bike, though.
Darth Sid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 21:22   #368
BHPian

Quote:
50,000 kms UPDATE:

Finally the car does reach and clock another milestone in its life with me!
Hey .. just bounced upon this thread.
Congrats on the milestone and kudos on such detailed reports.
This particular post itself acts as a good recap on car care.

A quick question - your headlights are looking extra bright post the DIY. Do they cause any side effects??
And hoping that drivers from the other direction have not been cussing around!!
Old 15th July 2015, 21:30   #369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
A quick question - your headlights are looking extra bright post the DIY. Do they cause any side effects??
And hoping that drivers from the other direction have not been cussing around!!
Don't go by the pics. He's installed what most of us have and running on the much recommended Philips Rally 100/90 H4 bulbs.

In reality, it would be as bright as any of our cars with a similar set-up.

I have the exact set-up in the WagonR (already 7 years, 175,000 kms with the set-up) and Ertiga ( 21 months, 60k kms). If you make use of these diligently like Anurag has mentioned in his earlier posts, the reflectors won't really fade or become dull.

I have not seen that happening in the WagonR which still have stock headlight units and the Ertiga despite the fact that I have regular been on all night drives spanning at least 10 hours in both these cars.

Low beam is more than sufficient for typical cruising speeds even on the highways with intermittent high beam for pro-active assessment when in doubts.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 23:40   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

I have the exact set-up in the WagonR (already 7 years, 175,000 kms with the set-up) and Ertiga ( 21 months, 60k kms). If you make use of these diligently like Anurag has mentioned in his earlier posts, the reflectors won't really fade or become dull.

I have not seen that happening in the WagonR which still have stock headlight units and the Ertiga despite the fact that I have regular been on all night drives spanning at least 10 hours in both these cars.
Great! Another testament to this upgrade. Honestly, I am surprised that modern plastic headlamps can withstand the extra heat. Well, each such input is reinforcing my decision to make this upgrade.
Old 24th July 2015, 21:46   #371
BANNED

SERVICE UPDATE: 50,000 kms

Have sent the car for routine servicing. Got the Wheel Alignment, Wheel Balancing and Wheel Rotation.

Total costs incurred: ₹ 6733/-

Here is the bill:

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-untitled.jpg

The current odometer reading is 51,446 kms.
Old 29th July 2015, 09:17   #372
Senior - BHPian

Hi Anurag, a question for you. Since you do a lot of running in your car how often you check the tyre pressure? A week or fortnightly etc? Also do you use nitrogen in the tyres?

Thanks.
Old 29th July 2015, 09:46   #373
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hi Anurag, a question for you. Since you do a lot of running in your car how often you check the tyre pressure? A week or fortnightly etc? Also do you use nitrogen in the tyres?
Mostly I check pressures weekly and have a inflator at home hence I do the top up and set off. Earlier used to top up at petrol stations but found the difference in gauge readings.

I use normal air, not nitrogen.
Old 29th July 2015, 10:25   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mostly I check pressures weekly and have a inflator at home hence I do the top up and set off. Earlier used to top up at petrol stations but found the difference in gauge readings.

I use normal air, not nitrogen.
Ok. Can you tell me what brand of inflator/pressure guage you use? Typically hand held guages conk off in a short period. Also i am bit apprehensive in over filling or worse bleeding the air myself so i refrain from using such devices.
Old 29th July 2015, 11:03   #375
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post

Ok. Can you tell me what brand of inflator/pressure guage you use? Typically hand held guages conk off in a short period. Also i am bit apprehensive in over filling or worse bleeding the air myself so i refrain from using such devices.
Tyre Pressure gauge - Coido 6071.

Tyre Inflator :

Name:  ForumRunner_20150729_110215.png
Views: 1931
Size:  399.1 KB

Hope it helps.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks