Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2014, 15:34   #271
BHPian

Re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 20K kms

If it were any consolation to you, my i20 developed a tiny windscreen crack in Aug 2012 due to reasons similar to yours. It started as a small crack at the base of the windscreen to the left and it propogated to till it was around 6 inches long. I regularly put fevikwik on the crack to prevent it from spreading further. Not sure if this is an effective solution but surprisingly it has stopped propagating from the past year or so.

HASS says, unless the crack hampers visibility, no point in changing. So have parked this item for now. Its been more than 2 years and I am not facing any issues due to this. My driving is quite less. Less than 1000kms per month. You may want to take that into account since I believe you have much higher running. I was advised by some friends that in highway drives, the glass could just crack and spray shrapnel onto my face, but I take that with a pinch, no, bucket of salt.

Last edited by racer_ash : 27th November 2014 at 15:39. Reason: added additional info
Old 27th November 2014, 15:41   #272
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
HASS says, unless the crack hampers visibility, no point in changing. So have parked this item for now. Its been more than 2 years and I am not facing any issues due to this. My driving is quite less. Less than 1000kms per month. You may want to take that into account since I believe you have much higher running.
Exactly, even I am leaving the windshield as it is till the crack worsens to the worst.

My running is between 2800 - 3000 kms a month.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 17:51   #273
BANNED

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 30K kms up!

MILESTONE UPDATE

Here I am back with another update in the Blue Streak's (s)mile clocking duty, The car has now done 30K kms actually but I couldn't update the thread thanks to my work schedule, the milestone reached on 29.11.2014.

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20141129_192543.jpg

As I write the mini review on the car, it has done 30689 kms.

What I like:
  • Still attracts eyes thanks to the Blue shade which is least seen here in Hyderabad. Also the alloys that look beautiful and does demand a second glance.

• Car provides you with excellent confidence when you drive esp @ >90kmph.

• Very good seating position since I keep using it for 100 kms a day

• Classy suspension and still good.

• Fuel Efficiency anyway is class apart when it comes to the DDiS engine with an overall FE ranging between 21.5 to 22.7 kmpl till date.

• Rear wash and wipe

• Great drive ability and in-gear acceleration

• Spot-on gear changes and with the short lever shifting is fun.

• Auto Climate control is best thing in the car, just doesn't need frequent attention.

• Lighting is classic with an upgrade to Philips Xtreme Vision (60/55W).

• Decent visibility overall

What I Don't:
  • In-cabin noise is slightly on the higher side when nearing triple digit speeds

• Noisy tyres

• Boot is a pain and does embarrass when paying visits to airports

• I love the all-black interior scheme but is a pain in maintaining it.

The car is ready for service where it shall be sent on tuesday.

The key chain says it all:

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0497.jpg

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 6th December 2014 at 17:53.
a4anurag is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th December 2014, 19:44   #274
BANNED

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 30K kms up!

A Few pictures of the Streak.

FRONT:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0458.jpg

REAR:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0455.jpg

REAR 3-QUARTERS:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0456.jpg

SIDE:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0457.jpg

ALLOY WHEEL:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0465.jpg

A SHOT OF THE DASHBOARD:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0460.jpg

ANOTHER SHOT:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0463.jpg

CENTRAL CONSOLE:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0462.jpg

INSTRUMENTATION CONSOLE:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0461.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0454.jpg

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 7th December 2014 at 19:47.
a4anurag is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 19:10   #275
BANNED

Re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 30K kms up!

Got the 30K service done yesterday at 30737 kms on odo.

The total bill came upto 6318/-

Issues reported: None.
Oil used: Synthetic (Shell 5W40).
Air Filter, Oil filter and Fuel filter were changed.

Skipped EGR cleaning as it wasn't required.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 02:06   #276
Senior - BHPian

Re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 30K kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Got the 30K service done yesterday at 30737 kms on odo.

The total bill came upto 6318/-

Issues reported: None.
Oil used: Synthetic (Shell 5W40).
Air Filter, Oil filter and Fuel filter were changed.

Skipped EGR cleaning as it wasn't required.

Anurag.
What about Intercooler cleaning Anurag ? And why airfilter at 30 thousand service ? or you change it every 10 thousand km ? And how come Fuel Filter? Is that not changed every 20 thousand kilometers ?
Old 11th December 2014, 06:22   #277
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
What about Intercooler cleaning Anurag ? And why airfilter at 30 thousand service ? or you change it every 10 thousand km ? And how come Fuel Filter? Is that not changed every 20 thousand kilometers ?
Intercooler wasn't cleaned. The advisor said it'll be done at 40K kms. I was present at the service bay so I felt it can go smoother 10K kms i.e. 3 months.

All filters were changed on my instructions.

Anurag.
Old 16th December 2014, 14:07   #278
Senior - BHPian

Good so see you car clock miles at a rapid pace! My car has barely managed to cross 10k in a year. Your bill seems quite reasonable even after synth oil+all filters replacement. Could you please post a pic ?
Old 16th December 2014, 14:21   #279
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Your bill seems quite reasonable even after synth oil+all filters replacement. Could you please post a pic?
Apologies, I have misplaced the bill actually, hence couldn't post the screen shot of it. Shall visit MASS and get a copy of the service bill.

Anurag.
Old 17th December 2014, 19:20   #280
BHPian

Thats some serious running. I am about to complete a year and have 17,000 km on the odo.

I received a service reminder letter from Sai Service today. They clearly mentioned that the next service is due in 6months / 5,000km (in June I did the 10,000km service). Its clearly against the manual (12months / 10,000km). They are indeed misguiding customers. My relation with them is 20 years old and this is not expected from them.

Have a look at this letter. What do they mean by "STANDARD SERVICE NORMS"? I've written to them asking for an explanation today.
Attached Thumbnails
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-sai-service-service-reminder-letter-291114.jpg  

Last edited by benzinblut : 17th December 2014 at 19:21.
Old 17th December 2014, 22:04   #281
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
I received a service reminder letter from Sai Service today. They clearly mentioned that the next service is due in 6months / 5,000km (in June I did the 10,000km service). Its clearly against the manual (12months / 10,000km). They are indeed misguiding customers. My relation with them is 20 years old and this is not expected from them.

Have a look at this letter. What do they mean by "STANDARD SERVICE NORMS"? I've written to them asking for an explanation today.
Another bad move from Sai Service. Not at all true in any way. Maruti Suzuki has never said 5K kms service to be 'Standard Service norm' so all they are is, taking you for a ride.

Go as per the manual which is the bible for we owners. If still in doubt do shoot an email to Maruti Suzuki for an answer on this along with the attachment.

Do update us with the reply. Thanks.

Anurag.

Last edited by Aditya : 27th April 2017 at 23:58. Reason: Typo
Old 18th December 2014, 08:59   #282
BHPian

Quote:
....Not at all true in any way. Maruti Suzuki has never said 5K kms service to be 'Standard Service norm' so all they are is, taking you for a ride. ...
Absolutely. That's why there is no response from them. If they don't reply, I will forward the letter to Maruti asking for an explanation.
Old 18th December 2014, 09:20   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Another bad move from Sai Service. Not at all true in any way. Maruti Suzuki has never said 5K kms service to be 'Standard Service norm' so all they are is, taking you for a ride.

Go as per the manual which is the bible for we owners. If still in down do shoot an email to Maruti Suzuki for an answer on this along with the attachment.

Do update us with the reply. Thanks.

Anurag.
Quote:
Absolutely. That's why there is no response from them. If they don't reply, I will forward the letter to Maruti asking for an explanation.
I get such mailers from at least 3 dealer workshops for Service and both for Ertiga and WagonR.

They are not forcing you for a service. They are only trying to sell their service by whatever means.

Onus always lies with the owner to read the owner's manual and understand the service intervals. If one does not, I have my zero sympathies if they get conned.

So YOU who gets to decide when is the time for service.

Such mails and calls will continue till there are genuine guinea pigs for them to loot!

Also, MSIL has various types of Paid Service (and inspection) categories in their billing. Some 16 point, 24 point and stuff like that. What all is inspected is the differentiator and charges vary across categories.

If you ask any ASC about intervals,they are likely to say "sir, servicing at 10k, 'General Check up' at 5k "
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2014, 09:33   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
If you ask any ASC about intervals,they are likely to say "sir, servicing at 10k, 'General Check up' at 5k "
Exactly, I am expecting this type of a loose reply from them. I also think they will call instead of replying to my mail.

My Etios has done 47,000km and not once have I been requested for a service before its time. My experience with Sai Service, Lower Parel was like this until this happened.
Old 19th December 2014, 07:55   #285
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
What all is inspected is the differentiator and charges vary across categories.

"Preventive maintenence Saar!"

Quote:
Exactly, I am expecting this type of a loose reply from them. I also think they will call instead of replying to my mail.
"Saar, preventive maintenence saar that's why we need to check your car every 5K kms and service it every 10K kms."

I asked them what are you doing in your so called preventive maintenence?!

They said:
1) we check oil levels;

2) filter condition;

3) Wheel alignment + balancing (if requested out found to be a problem);

4) Tightening bolts and greasing all points.

Hearing this I said, why not term it as a "mini service"? He is sheepishly smiling.

This is what I used to hear initially, during the days of Ritz but now no one calls nor sends emails + letters. They know for me a service is 10K kms and i give them business every 3 months do they don't get greedy and call frequently.

IMO, just ignore these emails + letters + calls if and when you receive. All I'll say is follow the owners manual. That is our bible!

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 19th December 2014 at 07:59.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks