Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2014, 11:22   #196
BHPian

Re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 10K kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Third Service a.k.a 10K Service Update:

Been 4 months since purchase and the odometer reads 11076 kms. Have been just not able to find time to get the car serviced due to my ultra busy schedule so asked dad to give the car for service. The other issue being overload on the MASS technicians and SA's due to long power cuts hampering the service operation (ASC's running on Diesel gensets so lifts etc don't work much, etc etc).
Anurag.
Hey Anurag, in your 3rd service, wasn't the Air filter changed?

In my 3rd service my SA is asking me to change Engine oil, Air filter, Oil filter & AC Cabin filter.
But since the Cabin filter was put in around 2-3 months back, I asked him not to replace, but clean it.
But in your bill I just see one Air filter, which I suppose is the cabin filter & not Air filter.
Old 2nd June 2014, 14:37   #197
BANNED

Re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 10K kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Hey Anurag, in your 3rd service, wasn't the Air filter changed?

But in your bill I just see one Air filter, which I suppose is the cabin filter & not Air filter.
The bill does contain the air filter buddy, it is 'element-air cleaner'.

The cabin air filter is changing interval is 20K IIRC.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 15:17   #198
BHPian

Quote:
The bill does contain the air filter buddy, it is 'element-air cleaner'.

The cabin air filter is changing interval is 20K IIRC.

Anurag.
Really, the SA is trying to cheat me that means, by asking me to change the cabin air filter at an interval of 5K KMs.
Anyways, have asked them not to replace the cabin air filter for sure.
Old 2nd June 2014, 16:19   #199
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post

Really, the SA is trying to cheat me that means, by asking me to change the cabin air filter at an interval of 5K KMs.

Anyways, have asked them not to replace the cabin air filter for sure.
The mention of the changing interval for the Cabin air filter is not mentioned in the owners manual maintanence schedule so I guess it is 20K kms. If your driving is in a dusty/very dusty environment then the changing frequency will be 10K kms.

Anurag.
Old 9th June 2014, 18:14   #200
BANNED

UPDATE: Car has now clocked 15000 kms in 5.4 months!

The 15K mark:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140609_061034.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fuel Efficiency summary:

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-screenshot_20140609175549.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a OBD read out:

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-screenshot_20140609055738.png The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-screenshot_20140609055846.png

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-screenshot_20140609060052.png

This is the turbo boost graph v/s time:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-screenshot_20140609063655.png

The part when the graph is almost flat was when keeping the speed at 80 kmph. The point from when the graph shoots up is just a in-gear (5th) roll-on from 80 kmph to 100 kmph. The turbocharger comes alive hence the graph shoot up! Can't express that feeling though.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 9th June 2014 at 18:20. Reason: Formatting
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 00:11   #201
BHPian

That's a lot of driving man! This way you shall touch 50k in one year and sell off your streak within 2 years! 😂 also excellent fuel efficiency, I guess yours is the only swift in the city with such efficiency.
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 04:14   #202
BHPian

Re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 15K kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
That's a lot of driving man! This way you shall touch 50k in one year and sell off your streak within 2 years! �� also excellent fuel efficiency, I guess yours is the only swift in the city with such efficiency.
He has done more than a lakh kms in his Ritz in a span of 3 years.

As per the fuel efficiency, most of his driving is on the highway, on the ORR and a short single road for 8 kms.

I agree that the only swift in the city with such fuel efficiency belongs to Anurag.

Drive safe
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 10:32   #203
BANNED

Re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 15K kms

Quote:
That's a lot of driving man! This way you shall touch 50k in one year and sell off your streak within 2 years! also excellent fuel efficiency, I guess yours is the only swift in the city with such efficiency.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post

I agree that the only swift in the city with such fuel efficiency belongs to Anurag.
Thank you guys for the kind words.

All in all I am loving this car to the core, yes there are minor squeaks and rattles but I accept them and looking at a DIY to get rid of them.

Driving will never stop - LTD!

Anurag.
Old 10th June 2014, 13:18   #204
BHPian

Quote:
1 Lakh km with same efficiency? Whoever is gonna buy that car shall do pooja and properly take care of it to get the same figures

Quote:
As per the fuel efficiency, most of his driving is on the highway, on the ORR and a short single road for 8 kms.
In a way, lucky guy. Gets to drive a lot!

Quote:
Hats off to this guy for his patience. I can imagine how he managed those figures

Quote:
looking at a DIY to get rid of them.
Also the car is showing every sign of being 15k km old. We shall change this soon!
Amarendranath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 14:21   #205
BANNED

Quote:
Also the car is showing every sign of being 15k km old. We shall change this soon!
Waiting for the weekends so that we can get to detailing and experiment.

We have two cars as guinea pigs:
  1. Santro

2. Swift

Just kidding.

Anurag.
Old 10th June 2014, 19:14   #206
BHPian

Quote:

1. Santro

2. Swift

Just kidding.

Anurag.

Hehe, true that!

I shall get this DA asap so that the pigs can go through rigorous hand testing.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 10th June 2014 at 19:18.
Old 10th June 2014, 21:16   #207
BHPian

Quote:

1. Santro
  2. Swift
Just kidding.

Anurag.
I thought it was Ertiga and not Santro.

I have never seen a Santro parked infront of your house any day.
Old 10th June 2014, 21:22   #208
BANNED

Quote:
I thought it was Ertiga and not Santro

Santro is my secret ride parked underground! I use it when I am bored of Swift!

Jokes apart:

The Santro that I am referring to is BHPian Amarendranath and the Swift obviously is mine!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 20:07   #209
BANNED

On my home had a friend who was free so put him on duty to take screen shots and logs of the Torque PRO while I do the driving.

Just a casual thought and wanted to check how effective was the 'Anti-Stall feature' which comes in-play when no throttle input is given with clutch engaged. I didn't do this for more than 10-15 seconds on each gear as I didn't want to hurt the mechanicals.

First Gear:

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-1.png

Second Gear:

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-2.png

Third Gear:

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-3.png

Fourth Gear:

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-4.png

Fifth Gear:

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-5.png

Of the five gears, I felt slight jerkiness when I shifted to 5th gear as if the car was struggling just like we humans struggle due to lack of oxygen.

===============================================

After reaching home, I was looking at the FE displayed by the ECU and the MID. Sometimes I find an error of 0.6-0.8 kmpl, where the ECU displays 21.1 kmpl but the MID gives out 21.9 kmpl. What could be the reason for this difference in data? The MID gets data from the ECU so both should display the same figures. Right?!

Today when I checked it was displaying the same at both the OBD Data and MID (BTW, that the current ODO reading).

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-fe-1.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-fe.png

Error Codes - NIL (Check it every month):

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-screenshot_20140613175313.png

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 00:20   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Santro is my secret ride parked underground! I use it when I am bored of Swift!
I was hoping you would say that your swift was an autobot transforming into Santro when required

Quote:
The Santro that I am referring to is BHPian Amarendranath and the Swift obviously is mine!
Yes buddy, Apart from dad's Jetta, also need to take care of this old guy.

Quote:
Just a casual thought and wanted to check how effective was the 'Anti-Stall feature' which comes in-play when no throttle input is given with clutch engaged. I didn't do this for more than 10-15 seconds on each gear as I didn't want to hurt the mechanicals.

After reaching home, I was looking at the FE displayed by the ECU and the MID. Sometimes I find an error of 0.6-0.8 kmpl, where the ECU displays 21.1 kmpl but the MID gives out 21.9 kmpl. What could be the reason for this difference in data? The MID gets data from the ECU so both should display the same figures. Right?!
Okay, way to technical for me, but good efficiency figures man! The difference is because even your OBD is not able to digest your fuel efficiency figures

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks