Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2015, 15:04   #391
BHPian

Re: Shoe Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Coming to reality: After I reach home from work today at 1pm, I set out to get the tyres changed. Searched more than 12 dealers in Hyderabad and none have the Z.L.O in the 195/60 R15 size. All they have stocks of 205 section. I was severely pushed for to upgrade this but for me it was a overkill and a big NO! Finally dejected, I went to Ashoka wheels again and asked for MRF tyres. he right-away said there is one dealer in Ranigunj who sells only MRF so you may get it there. BINGO!

Dealer Name: M G Tyres - MRF Exclusive Showroom;
Hey .. congrats on finalizing
though your oldies did look like could have easily gone for another couple of thousand kms.

I see that you went with 195/60 R15, any particular reasons for change or was it your OEM size not being available?

Quote:

Picked up the tyres from the showroom and headed straight to where I go to regularly for wheel alignment and Balancing. Got that done for Free. Paid ₹500 for labour though.
__________________________________________________ ________

On the job, got the car foam washed as the car was too dirty thanks to the continuous rain since 3 days. Got it done at 3M, Ministers Road. Ex-Stunnerz.
Where do you get your regular WA/WB done? Also, whats the wash charges with 3M?
Old 13th September 2015, 17:18   #392
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
I see that you went with 195/60 R15, any particular reasons for change or was it your OEM size not being available?

Where do you get your regular WA/WB done? Also, whats the wash charges with 3M?
Wheel spin was becoming regular even though there was thread for some more 1000 kms. Didn't want to take risks hence got the change done.

MRF Z.L.O comes only 195/60 R15 and not in the 185/65 R15 size. Had it come in the OEM size, would have gone for it.

On the Medchal highway near Kompally, Bridgestone Select store. Get it done there.

3M charged 441 bucks.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 22:40   #393
BANNED

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold

Initial Report on the ZLO's:

When I did the tyre swap, the odometer read 54,510 kms and as of today it is 54,598 kms which makes it a 88 kms of usage till now.

I have maintain F = 32 psi and Rear = 30 psi with Nitrogen.

Looks:

That pattern has my eyes hooked onto every time I see it. The large grooves make the tyre give it a look of 205 section. The 4 grooves as compared to the earlier 3 gives the car a wider stance and a smaller side-wall versus the older one, the gap is further pronounced between the tyre and the wheel well.

Ride Quality:

Slow speed ride is impeccable and the smoothness is felt instantly after the tyre swap. All the undulations that I felt earlier are less felt and more smooth. It glides over the rough patches and doesn't intrude inside the cabin. The sidewall is soft and feels like I am on XM2 and not a MRF. Shocking but the truth and I love it when it is MRF.

I am yet to hit the highway that I use everyday so high speed feel I shall update soon.

With wheel spin happening if I pressed the pedal a few mm more than normal in the ZVTV as it never liked things to be hurried. If I did a F1 start from the traffic signals, there was a definite wheel spin making me back-off the pedal. This issue too is solved with the Z.L.O as the pick up is smooth and the needle rises quick without any fuss.

Braking:

This test was never intended to be performed as the tyre was too new to be judged. But fate had other plans for me and the tyre to put it on test! Initially I had in the back of my mind to do a emergency braking maneuver but I postponed it till the tyres did a 1000 kms.

While returning home, I was at 65 kmph and a cabbie in front of me suddenly shifted to the right lane and braked hard to save himself from a dog that jumped onto the road. In an emergency I stamped the pedal and held the steering tight. The car shed speed in no fuss. The ABS didn't kick-in too. That does say good for the tyre!

I was expecting tyre squeal during the braking but it was like a cake walk! A thumbs up to the Tyre!

Tyre Noise:

There is a decrease in tyre noise too which is a definite positive for me as i was tired of the ZVTV racket it made at 100 kmph.

Shall update the thread and as when I clock miles on the tyres and I hope this is the last set of wheels before I let go the Blue Streak!

A few pictures:

Front Tyre
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-1.-front.jpg

Rear Tyre
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-2.-rear.jpg

View from Behind (Love the looks)
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-3.-view-behind.jpg

Front tyres (Right side and Left side)
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-4.-front-tyres.jpg

Pattern Difference: Z.L.O vs ZVTV
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-5.-zlo-vs-zvtv-pattern.jpg

L= ZVTV vs R = Z.L.O
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-6.-zvtv-vs-zlo.jpg

Another Shot of the car
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-8.-another-shot.jpg

Another Shot
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-9.-another-shot.jpg

Taken at 110 kmph with MRF ZVTV
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-110-kmph-zvtv.png

Taken at 100 kmph with MRF Z.L.O
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-100-kmph-zlo.png

PS: At 110 kmph the ZLO's were giving out a reading of 60-61 dB's.

Last edited by a4anurag : 13th September 2015 at 22:42.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 23:22   #394
BHPian

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold

Sir,the tyres look great. It will be nice to see how the performance MRFs (ZLOs) compare against the ZVTV and ZV2K in the long run. your experience can be a guide for us as you clock some great odo figures in a short time. BTW the OEM MRF ZV2Ks on our Ford Classic make a lot of noise on anything above 70 kmph. At 100 they seem as if they are going to burst. It is because of that damn tyre that I haven't tested the performance of the so called Duratec 1.6. Is there any difference in road noise between ZV2K and ZVTV?
P.S.: I see a ding on the rear right wheel arch.
Old 13th September 2015, 23:59   #395
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100kmph View Post
Sir,the tyres look great. Is there any difference in road noise between ZV2K and ZVTV?
I haven't driven a car with the ZV2K so can't comment but with 54K on the ZVTV which is racket maker, the Z.L.O feels heavenly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100kmph View Post
P.S.: I see a ding on the rear right wheel arch.
Yes, had a near miss with a mad-buffalo that jumped into the road. There are the details few page back regarding the accident.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 20:54   #396
BANNED

Got this 12V Car voltage Digital Battery Tester from AliExpress after 18 days. Bought it for basic condition know-how and have to how it fares.

Product Description:
  • Brand: Tirol
  • Multiple functions: alternator state check, battery state check, check before charge and overload display.
  • Two crocodile clips for safe and easy operation.
  • Small size and light weight, convenient to carry.
  • Fit car, motorcycle - with 12V battery.

Specifications:
  • LED quantity: 6 (2 red, 3 green and 1 yellow).
  • Material of wire: 0.06 square millimeter copper.
  • Max. voltage and current: 12V & 15A.

It has the following functions:
  1. Alternator State Check - Fault & Good;
  2. Battery State Check - Low, Middle & Full;
  3. Check before charge - Ok.

Price: $2.87
Shipping: Free
Total: $2.87 (Rs 190)

After I reached home, I tried to see what it displays when connected to the battery with the engine and ignition OFF.

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20150915_182935.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20150915_193912.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20150915_193940.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20150915_193948.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20150915_193958.jpg

Red clip connected to '+ve' terminal and Black clip connected to '-ve' terminal
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20150915_193337.jpg

Look at the Arrows where the LED's glew when connected
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20150915_193342.jpg
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

MRF Z.L.O Update:

With touching 200 kms on the new tyre, the tyre performing extremely well and is making me want to drive the car more than I do already.

Be it rough patches or smooth tarmac the tyre is excellent and doesn't let the small undulations filter in.

The car turns with a tighter line and there is no body roll by the tyre as such.

One disadvantage that I have noticed is - this tyre is a Stone Magnet! That's the only sound heard with windows open and I make it a point to remove as many stones as possible once I reach my destination. I am being looked as a fool when I do it and being asked that "How does it bother you if the stones are stuck? It will fall off when you drive anyway".

Last edited by a4anurag : 15th September 2015 at 21:05.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 00:06   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Got this 12V Car voltage Digital Battery Tester from AliExpress after 18 days.
Another very reasonable buy .. how do you keep finding on??

Quote:
One disadvantage that I have noticed is - this tyre is a Stone Magnet! That's the only sound heard with windows open and I make it a point to remove as many stones as possible once I reach my destination. I am being looked as a fool when I do it and being asked that "How does it bother you if the stones are stuck? It will fall off when you drive anyway".
I have also been doing that on & off , it sounds very annoying (as well as worrying the first time) when you drive on smooth roads (or basement parking in office).
Happens so with the treads being deep, we notice more since we move from a flat to new tyre.
Old 16th September 2015, 01:33   #398
BANNED

Quote:
Another very reasonable buy .. how do you keep finding on??
Sorry buddy, didn't get you.

Quote:
I have also been doing that on & off now .
Lol. Hope the grooves aren't damaged by the stones.

Enjoying the drive and appreciate my choice for going with MRF rather than Michelin.
Old 16th September 2015, 13:05   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry buddy, didn't get you.
Apologies .. I wasn't very clear there, meant that you keep finding such useful items and also at reasonable prices!

Do you keep the jumper cable also?
Should probably visit your stable sometime

Quote:
Lol. Hope the grooves aren't damaged by the stones.

Enjoying the drive and appreciate my choice for going with MRF rather than Michelin.
MRFs/Apollos are good, I used to very much like my OEM Apollos.
But while changing, feedbacks were that Michelin give you additional 10-15% of running miles so went for it.
I liked these quite a bit, hence recommending them all around.
For you its are already running 50K, no need to for another 15%
Old 16th September 2015, 13:58   #400
BANNED

Quote:

Do you keep the jumper cable also?

MRFs/Apollos are good, I used to very much like my OEM Apollos.
Ah thanks for explaining. Not yet procured the jumper cables. I'm collecting and trying to organize stuff. In a nascent stage!

MRF/Bridgestone are all good for certain period after which they get too hard and then indestructible. They spoil the already worse NVH of the Swift.

We can meet up sometime!
Old 18th September 2015, 17:14   #401
BANNED

With so many pages of discussion going on System D by IFTEX in it's respective thread, I too jumped in line and got myself two bottles of System D.

Here they are :
Name:  ForumRunner_20150918_171240.png
Views: 2484
Size:  380.1 KB

The charges were 600 for two bottles and it took them 14 days to deliver it to me.

Currently in a full tank of diesel but haven't poured the contents in. Will use them when I refuel as it'll get mixed properly.
Old 26th September 2015, 09:08   #402
BANNED

MRF Z.L.O 1,000 kms UPDATE:

Quoting my own post below:

Quote:
When I did the tyre swap, the odometer read 54,510 kms
Initial Reading: 54,510 kms
Current Reading: 55,510 kms
Distance travelled: 1,000 kms
Time: 10 Days

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20150926_071447.jpg

I maintain F= 32 psi and R= 30 psi using Nitrogen.

Rating for the Z.L.O's: On a scale of 1 to 5, where 1 is worst, 3 is Good and 5 is Excellent.
  1. Tyre Noise - 4
  2. Braking In Wet Conditions - 4
  3. Braking In Dry Conditions - 5
  4. Ride Comfort - 5
  5. Stability On Turns - 4

• Different Condition experience so far are Dry, wet and pouring rain where I was cruising at 100 kmph --- All the three times, the car feels rock solid and no sense of nervousness I have experienced. I have driven the car sedately for the first 200-250 kms till they bed-in and after that I was on highway cruising speeds.

• Another positive for me is tyre noise on Concrete roads as compared to the ZVTV.

• I love looking at the wheels as that pattern attracts more attention. I have been asked multiple times if I had upgraded to 205 section when seen from behind but many didn't believe it was 195 until they saw the side-wall themselves.

• Have had three cases of emergency braking and all the three times, it has come to a halt faster and with no drama. No judder or screeching phenomena.

Last edited by a4anurag : 26th September 2015 at 09:11.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 09:47   #403
BANNED

First Squeaking irritant in 55K kms. Location: Driver's Seat.

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20150925_000938.jpg

The bolt in yellow was loose and squeaking with every movement of me on the seat. Every time I accelerated or brake the seats go forward and backwards. Was quite irritating so tightened it and lubricated all the springs too.

Meanwhile this happened:

High Five:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20150926_201845.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 10:08   #404
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Got this 12V Car voltage Digital Battery Tester from AliExpress after 18 days. Bought it for basic condition know-how and have to how it fares.

Product Description:
  • Brand: Tirol
  • Multiple functions: alternator state check, battery state check, check before charge and overload display.
  • Two crocodile clips for safe and easy operation.
  • Small size and light weight, convenient to carry.
  • Fit car, motorcycle - with 12V battery.

Specifications:
  • LED quantity: 6 (2 red, 3 green and 1 yellow).
  • Material of wire: 0.06 square millimeter copper.
  • Max. voltage and current: 12V & 15A.

It has the following functions:
  1. Alternator State Check - Fault & Good;
  2. Battery State Check - Low, Middle & Full;
  3. Check before charge - Ok.
Just saw this post now. While this is a nice gadget to have, why not buy a much more accurate multimeter from a nearby store for 200-500 bucks depending on brand. That will tell you exactly what is happening rather than relying on some LED's to decode battery status. Plus there are much more uses of the multimeter.
Old 27th September 2015, 10:50   #405
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Plus there are much more uses of the multimeter.
Hey Vid,

I have that too. Bought one a month back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks