Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2018, 10:44   #1036
Senior - BHPian

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

It must have been a fun drive. The beast would have loved being thrown around too.

Loved the photo with the lean. Looks like you were carrying good speeds into the corners. :

I tend to open up the sunroof in the hills like Kodai and Munnar. Cannot do it in Bangalore.

Yup and I noticed the Reserved Parking. Don't think this beast has a disability.:

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 31st December 2018 at 10:45.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 11:18   #1037
BHPian

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Good parking, always
Ah so you were at Crown? If I had known would have surely come to see the beauty you drive. They make sure to park exotics right in front of the gates where people outside can get a view of them and lust over it

Quote:
Uber has transformed intracity travel and with deals like this, I think they're going to take over intercity too. Just Rs. 1,299 for Mumbai - Pune:
This is good as long as you are not travelling to/from the airport with lot of luggage. I was trying to hail a cab from Mumbai airport to Pune and had 3 huge suitcases with me. I was initially skeptical with the vehicle they would send the the rates advertised and nevertheless what they sent me was a Wagon R. No way it was going to help me and booking one of the bigger vehicles was taking the cost in the range of any of the other vehicles anyway. So if you plan to travel to any place apart from the airport or do not have much luggage then this is surely the way to go
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 12:51   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post

If this is veering away from the 530d you may also want to create / move this to a more relevant What Car thread.
I agree to your observation, though it is here as the heart and mind is all up for a six cylinder (difficult to like other cars after an diesel Optra & Jetta in the family), & especially after this deal is within reach factoring an additional 20% aside for Service and Repairs for the next 2-3 years. It's still a lot more of a car/experience vs many vehicles put together.

Spacious, Safe, Powerful, Diesel, Auto, + finally convert long term aspirations to acquisition is the criteria
Ooomph is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 11:34   #1039
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooomph View Post
Spacious, Safe, Powerful, Diesel, Auto, + finally convert long term aspirations to acquisition is the criteria
Looks like you've made up your mind, so go for it! Just be sure to factor in $$$ for maintenance & repairs. As the car becomes 7 - 8 years old, there will inevitably be parts that need replacement due to age.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 11:59   #1040
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dependability: Among other problems, the issues I faced with my C220 on the highway included leaking dampers, ESP failure, air-con going kaput and more. In comparison, the 530d has the reliability of an Innova! I don’t even have to think twice before heading out. Just a full tank of diesel and she’s ready to fly.
Fantastic! That is very good to hear. Even my X3 30d which is in its 4th year (just crossed 40,000 kms) has been super reliable till date. Not a single fault or breakdown up until now. My running too is 95% highway
Santoshbhat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 17:37   #1041
BHPian

Quote:

Dependability: Among other problems, the issues I faced with my C220 on the highway included leaking dampers, ESP failure, air-con going kaput and more. In comparison, the 530d has the reliability of an Innova! I don’t even have to think twice before heading out. Just a full tank of diesel and she’s ready to fly.
Oh yes. Only last week was thinking about how reliable the BMW’s are. Bought mine with 50k in odo and the odo now is at 82k in little less than 1.5 years of ownership. All I’ve done is periodic replacements of filters, brakes and tyres. Mine has gone out of warranty from August last year and was considering selling and getting a new 530D or E350, but decided to retain it for another 2-3 years with just new brakes and tyres and splurge some cash on a off-road project car and a naked bike probably Duke 790 or a Monster. Waiting for the duke to be launched.

Last month had to replace my RFT’s as I’ve done close to 25k kms and thread depth was at bare minimum. After long deliberations moved to Tubeless tyres (Pirelli Pzero Rosso) with a puncture kit, jack and an electric inflator in boot. The car has transformed itself and have fallen in love with her again. Gone are the noisy ride. The car feels butter smooth. Steering has gone lighter and behaves a lot better for a 5GT. Didn’t expect just a tyre change could give such difference. Did a 1200km trip to Coorg just to enjoy the drive with new tyres.

It’s going to be another 30k kms of fun with the car.
varunanb is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 13:25   #1042
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Even my X3 30d which is in its 4th year (just crossed 40,000 kms) has been super reliable till date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by varunanb View Post
Oh yes. Only last week was thinking about how reliable the BMW’s are. Bought mine with 50k in odo and the odo now is at 82k in little less than 1.5 years of ownership. All I’ve done is periodic replacements of filters, brakes and tyres.
Awesome guys. Frankly, the 530d has exceeded my reliability expectations. Now even if I have a problem, I won't complain (although I hope it happens within my extended warranty period, if at all ).

Quote:
My running too is 95% highway
In terms of km, I think my car's running is 60% highway.

Quote:
Mine has gone out of warranty from August last year and was considering selling and getting a new 530D or E350, but decided to retain it for another 2-3 years with just new brakes and tyres and splurge some cash on a off-road project car and a naked bike probably Duke 790 or a Monster.
Agreed. Please don't change cars too early. You lose way too money in depreciation. These cars are meant to be owned for 8 - 10 years. In the West, enthusiasts hold onto the high-end Germans for 150,000 - 200,000 miles.

Quote:
After long deliberations moved to Tubeless tyres (Pirelli Pzero Rosso)
What size? I wanted to move to tubeless, but was unable to source them in 275s. At my next change, I'm going to talk to the tyre companies directly and try to source.

Meanwhile, this beast is still on sale on our classifieds. Asking price is a very fair 40 lakhs. Will someone please take her home?
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-picture_238280.jpg
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 16:13   #1043
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Meanwhile, this beast is still on sale on our classifieds. Asking price is a very fair 40 lakhs. Will someone please take her home?
Attachment 1832968
Personally I think its expensive and going to be a tad hard to offload.

(a) Its a GJ registered car located in Gurgaon. Of course a GJ customer might be open to buying it.

(b) Its already second owner;

(c) I think its mfg 2016 perhaps but in any event its the old shape model not the current shape. (Personally I prefer the newer shape but regardless buyers are going to factor that aspect in)

Each of the above factors are likely to cause its market value to be lower than the asking of 40L.
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 17:06   #1044
BHPian

Quote:

I am looking this ad in different forums since past 3 months atleast. Owner has left the country and not sure the current status of this car. Besides having already 2 owners makes it little less desirable unless the transfer history is transparent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Personally I think its expensive and going to be a tad hard to offload.

(a) Its a GJ registered car located in Gurgaon. Of course a GJ customer might be open to buying it.

(b) Its already second owner;

(c) I think its mfg 2016 perhaps but in any event its the old shape model not the current shape. (Personally I prefer the newer shape but regardless buyers are going to factor that aspect in)

Each of the above factors are likely to cause its market value to be lower than the asking of 40L.
You captured all my points. As a matter of fact, i am getting that G30 530d first lot car at 50.5 lacs, but even that doesnt cut the deal. I offered as GTO advised, about 42 lacs, but the guy is not able to come out of what he has paid (70 lacs) and what the new car currently costs. This car has RTI insurance BTW. I came across this new term for insurance, RTI - Return To Investment. Incase a car goes for a total loss (God forbid), you get your full money including RTO and Insurance, is it??
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 17:16   #1045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
This car has RTI insurance BTW. I came across this new term for insurance, RTI - Return To Investment. Incase a car goes for a total loss (God forbid), you get your full money including RTO and Insurance, is it??
RTI - Return to Invoice.

An add-on Insurance option which covers the gap between the insured declared value and the invoice value of the car. It's an option that will fetch you the entire amount of loss (the on-road price you paid for your car) that you incurred from losing it.

Can read more about it here.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 17:17   #1046
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
I am looking this ad in different forums since past 3 months atleast. Owner has left the country and not sure the current status of this car. Besides having already 2 owners makes it little less desirable unless the transfer history is transparent.
You should get in touch and try to find out more info. If you like the car, it's easy to get it checked at Bird Gurgaon. If it's Gujarat registered a personal car, factor RTO as 6 % if I am not mistaken. 35 lac will be a good price if it is a clean car and there is a reason for ownership change (company owned to an employee or some taxation reason)

Last edited by Turbanator : 2nd January 2019 at 17:18.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2019, 12:52   #1047
BHPian

Quote:

What size? I wanted to move to tubeless, but was unable to source them in 275s. At my next change, I'm going to talk to the tyre companies directly and try to source.

Attachment 1832968
I wanted a staggered setup for my 530D GT with 275's in rear, but ended up going for existing sizes of 245/50 R18. Couldn't get the 275's imported by any of the local tyre guys. The only option was to order from the USA which I was not comfortable.

You should be able to get the manufacturers to supply your sized tyres if they can get around the new rule to mark all tyres coming in to India.
varunanb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2019, 13:24   #1048
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I've tried doing that in the past, its pointless. Your tyre guy is your best bet. They can perhaps organise some grey market imports at great prices. I don't care much about tyre warranty as it is the hardest warranty to ever claim. So if I am getting grey market tyres that are fresh stock, I'd go for it.

Better yet, why not try tirerack.com?
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2019, 17:03   #1049
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Really not the car for small bylanes, man. Car is way too fat for them. I usually stick to the wider alternatives whenever available, but at times, small lanes are unavoidable. Like today. You have to be really, really careful. In comparison, things would've been a breeze if I were in my Jeep.

What's worse, you hold other people up because there are gaps that 9/10 cars would pass through, but yours wouldn't:
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-20190106-11.48.08.jpg

Opposite side had to back up & only then, things started moving:
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-20190106-11.50.08.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunanb View Post
I wanted a staggered setup for my 530D GT with 275's in rear, but ended up going for existing sizes of 245/50 R18. Couldn't get the 275's imported by any of the local tyre guys.
That's what I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I've tried doing that in the past, its pointless. Your tyre guy is your best bet. They can perhaps organise some grey market imports at great prices.
Tried the last time. No luck.

Quote:
Better yet, why not try tirerack.com?
Was too much work, frankly & I was busy with other stuff at the time of the last change. Might consider at the next one as I'm really keen on Michelin / Yokohama tubeless.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 22:47   #1050
BHPian

BMW 520d 2015 AC ventilation

Most modern cars have a comprehensive AC control system that allows dual zone and independent temperature and blower controls for rear seat passengers. This top end luxury line model has two rear vents without any fan control. They just never seen to work. If you take it to BMW they take the system off Auto and channel the lower vents just to prove passage of air. In reality the rear AC is useless. Another issue is that BMW claims to keep the cabin oxygenated the AC does not close the exterior circulation went more than 85%. This means that every foul odour and pollutant enters the car. My cheaper Tata Bolt and Renault Duster completely block out foul odours. BMW needs to fix their ACs to Indian operating needs.
noelravin is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks