Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2019, 16:44   #166
BHPian

Re: Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia

Mine was indeed a problem with the stalk and I kept delaying rectification for months as it wasn’t really killing me.
Flip side: It got worse with no response from headlights and indicators. I got it done(replaced part) for 45xx from an independent garage who sourced it from a website. He did not reveal the source though. Before the replacement we tried the repair route but that worked for a day after which it was kaput.

Maybe try repairs first as I have found Mitsubishi service centres very keen on part replacement from the word go instead of bothering to look deeper and attempt repairing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM_360 View Post
Hi Maven,

I have a 2012 sports. I am facing problem with headlight stalk. Left turn signal doesn't work 95% of the time, sometimes goes for 3 blinks and dies. High-beam doesn't activate on pulling stalk, works very rarely. Sometimes instrument cluster lights act up, start flickering....
Old 20th June 2019, 13:13   #167
Senior - BHPian

Our passenger side 'radiator fan' in the engine bay has conked off. Does anyone know the part number and approximate cost/ make of the fan?
Old 21st June 2019, 09:36   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Mine was indeed a problem with the stalk and I kept delaying rectification for months as it wasn’t really killing me.
Flip side: It got worse with no response from headlights and indicators. I got it done(replaced part) for 45xx from an independent garage who sourced it from a website. He did not reveal the source though. Before the replacement we tried the repair route but that worked for a day after which it was kaput.

Maybe try repairs first as I have found Mitsubishi service centres very keen on part replacement from the word go instead of bothering to look deeper and attempt repairing.
Hi,

The issue regarding lighting flickering and non-functioning has been resolved. It was an easy fix (in my case probably). I took out the headlamps control stalk, cleaned it softly, tried articulating the stalk in all possible locations like turn signals, dippers, etc. I was surprised to see the tactile feel of these positions which was missing earlier. Then I refitted the stalk and everything started working perfectly. Maybe earlier it was not properly fitter or misaligned.
Sometimes DIY is far more easier and cheaper.
PSM_360 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 10:59   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM_360 View Post
Hi,

The issue regarding lighting flickering and non-functioning has been resolved....

Sometimes DIY is far more easier and cheaper.
True that.

Jan ‘16 Excel motors had told me to get the part replaced (7700/- odd), as once in a blue moon the right indicator wouldn’t engage. Because they told me to replace, I was more or less confident the same wouldn’t be required (from an earlier experience of similar tune on asking me to get front right shocker changed. When I got it inspected from outside and it was concluded there was no problem and will hold for another few thousand Kms)!

When the indicator issue started occurring frequently in Jul 17 i called up Mitsubishi for the part. Luckily it never came/or was taking time as I didn’t get a response from them even after few follow ups. Turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Took the car to an indie-garage who did hygiene for 150/- and resolved the issue. Until a replacement couple of years later.
Old 3rd July 2019, 18:11   #170
BHPian

Can anyone shed light on why this car didnt do as well as the Lancer?
Old 5th July 2019, 21:37   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdmainroad View Post
Can anyone shed light on why this car didnt do as well as the Lancer?
In my view, because there were other options to choose from vis-a-vis the days when Lancer was around. Don't discount the fact that the average Indian automotive customer is immature with a tendency of staying away from capable cars. Mitsubishi didn't help matters with a limited network compared to the competition.
Old 10th July 2019, 18:49   #172
BHPian

Can anyone suggest a good air filter for cedia which is readily available in bangalore or online. I tried one after market one which is causing some noise at high speed.
Old 23rd July 2019, 19:02   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
In my view, because there were other options to choose from vis-a-vis the days when Lancer was around. Don't discount the fact that the average Indian automotive customer is immature with a tendency of staying away from capable cars. Mitsubishi didn't help matters with a limited network compared to the competition.
If i have to single out a reason, it would be bad marketing and after sales support from mitsubishi / HM. There are few other reasons like no timely updates, no AT etc. All in all a good product killed by a bad management.
Old 2nd August 2019, 22:05   #174
BHPian

Can someone suggest aftermarket brake pads for cedia? New black brembos are notorious for sound they make.
Old 4th August 2019, 17:34   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
Can someone suggest aftermarket brake pads for cedia? New black brembos are notorious for sound they make.
I had taken to Coimbatore for a complete overhaul of Mechanical Parts and it worked out good. If interested I can share details of the mechanic.
karanp23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 14:29   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanp23 View Post
I had taken to Coimbatore for a complete overhaul of Mechanical Parts and it worked out good. If interested I can share details of the mechanic.
Please share the number. I may not able to go to coimbatore for this but i will talk to him to know the quality of aftermarket brands
Old 9th August 2019, 18:48   #177
BHPian

Dhandapani CBE;

Mobile:+91 98430 27601;

You can refer my name, Prabhakaran, Bangalore
Old 19th August 2019, 19:54   #178
Senior - BHPian

I am not getting much interest for my 2006 Cedia which I have put for sale.
Not many people know about the car plus is it quite old.
Old 19th August 2019, 20:06   #179
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I am not getting much interest for my 2006 Cedia which I have put for sale.
Not many people know about the car plus is it quite old.

Where?

I just went through the Team-BHP classifieds, and couldn't find any ad for a Cedia.
HyperRetard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 16:30   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperRetard View Post
Where?

I just went through the Team-BHP classifieds, and couldn't find any ad for a Cedia.
In Pune. If you are searching in Delhi, you won't see it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks