Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2009, 13:10   #211
Senior - BHPian

My Scorp would be one of the oldest - Sep'03 model.

Externally, I prefer the way the old Scorp looks. As shankar balan said, the new ones lack that toughness and butch appeal. Bit soft, with the bumper skirts and silver teeth
Mine has leaf springs in the back, which can get a bit bouncy. But, thanks to the added weight of the 4x4 transmission, it is more planted than its rwd brothers.

Inside, I wouldn't mind some of the creature comforts that the new Scorps come with. Nothing fancy - read: tyre pressure meter, follow-me-home lights, wooden (yuck) panels, a woman telling me what to do (lol, yea right!) etc. But, I could do with some extra storage space, front seat armrests, electrically adjustable ORVMs and a dead pedal (don't think this is available in the new Scorp either).

Mine has the pre-CRDE engine, which originated as a tractor engine in the Czech rep (or was it Romania?). Pretty bullet-proof, and as per the mechanics at M&M, is more reliable than the new CRDEs and MHawks. Slightly less powerful and definitely less refined than the new-gen engines - but, it's got some great low end torque and with the windows up and ICE on, I can't hear the engine at all.
Old 11th August 2009, 13:15   #212
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Agree with you razor. Mine is the second model with the new speedo cluster and anti-roll bar. I have driven the new scorpios quite a bit, but i'm still for the old looks and the plain-jane engine without all the fancy circuitry. The insides dont look like a brothel on wheels too, no offence to folks who like it. Things i'd like from the new scorpio are the middle console (around the hand brake) and the electric OVRMs.

Razor...how about some nice pics of your scorpio?

Last edited by NIP : 11th August 2009 at 13:18.
Old 11th August 2009, 18:50   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
gosh, thats bad. however looking at Mahindra, it looks it can take on such things easily without much of an issue.

Really tough build Mahindra.
mahindra's tough build was known to me when my driver rear ended a wagon R in my older scorpio. that was absolute toughness. but as i have said before, the mHawk is a bit, may i say, less brawny!
yes but i still agree, even the mHawk's exterior build quality & toughness is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
WHat scratches !? I can see only beauty spots
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
i was about to say that.

great! i was about to get it painted!
Old 13th August 2009, 13:10   #214
Senior - BHPian

just 2 days back, a cyclist & bike rear ended me (pic in previous page) & today a silver Dzire did the honours. i was standing in a signal when i heard a thud from behind. i dint stop there & argue with the driver as then i would have blocked the traffic.
Ownership Report - My new Scorpio VLX mHawk - 25,000 kms and counting-130820091004.jpg

Meanwhile the mumbai rains is taking its toll on my car & the guy who cleans my car every morning!
Ownership Report - My new Scorpio VLX mHawk - 25,000 kms and counting-120820091001.jpg

Last edited by raj_5004 : 13th August 2009 at 13:19.
Old 13th August 2009, 13:16   #215
Senior - BHPian

sorry to see this but would like to know what happened with dzire's front which banged on to yours scorpio?
Old 13th August 2009, 13:18   #216
Senior - BHPian

a small dent in the front fender & a crack in the headlight.
Old 13th August 2009, 13:49   #217
BHPian

@raj - tried hard to see "this" but nothing is seen. Pls share a snap of the dzire and pls dont use microscope to find the dent in the scorpio which is not there.
Old 13th August 2009, 15:22   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
@raj - tried hard to see "this" but nothing is seen. Pls share a snap of the dzire and pls dont use microscope to find the dent in the scorpio which is not there.
buddy, there is no dent in my scorpio. the dent & crack i talked about is in the Dzire. (my post # 1624 was a reply to Vijay's question).

i could not take a snap of the Dzire because, as i said, i could not wait there, i was blocking the traffic.

imagine myself standing with a camera in the middle of the road blocking traffic & taking pictures! the drivers of the other cars would run over me.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 13th August 2009 at 15:24.
Old 13th August 2009, 15:32   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+1 on this. went through other comments to see if anyone could find it.

Yeah, snap of Dzire is sought.
Old 13th August 2009, 15:38   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

guess i have written something confusing somewhere. buddy, please read my post # 1626.
Old 13th August 2009, 15:38   #221
BHPian

@Raj - now dont get furious on the comment quoted below as all of us are just quizzed and wondering about the fate of the dZire and certainly-while you are in the Scorpio no other car can run over you (though sure- not even when you are out of the scorpio)

Quote:

Old 13th August 2009, 15:41   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Raj - now dont get furious on the comment quoted below as all of us are just quizzed and wondering about the fate of the dZire and certainly-while you are in the Scorpio no other car can run over you (though sure- not even when you are out of the scorpio)
ha ha ha ha ha yeah dzire running over the scorpio,huh.
Old 13th August 2009, 15:42   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
NOT AT ALL. why should i be furious? sorry if my tone stated otherwise.

yes, even i agree that the snap of the Dzire must have been taken but with so many horns honking & the traffic policeman whistling, i really could not take a pic in that scenario!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 13th August 2009 at 15:44.
Old 13th August 2009, 16:00   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
ha ha ha ha ha yeah dzire running over the scorpio,huh.
That would surely need a very vivid imagination to plan such dare devilry , high spirits and perhaps a ramp over and a stunt driver. Any DZire owners here....
Old 13th August 2009, 17:51   #225
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Oh boy Raj...you've gotten into the habit of collecting beauty spots ! Remember...too much is too bad
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks