Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 16:47   #496
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Its only done some 5000 kms plus on the odo.
Do you only take test drives in it? I've already clocked 23,000 kms in the year. Shame on you anjan
Old 25th May 2010, 19:05   #497
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Do you only take test drives in it? I've already clocked 23,000 kms in the year. Shame on you anjan
Thanks Venky for being so very frank. Really liked it! Lets see when these test drives transform into real long drives.
I can find one thing though. My Scorpio is covering less distances but my postings here on this thread go on unabated. Likewise, your Scorpio has covered 23000kms. I can only hope you will post more and more and enlighten us through your celebrated thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Anjan,

The specks created by raindrops on the normal day, can they be cleaned using Jopasu ?

I am talking about the dried specks, as if there were mild drops last evening and you want to clean it next day morning, how effective is Jopasu ?

I guess for the occurences as the ones mentioned by you, the Big S should be taken to the jet spray cleaners. Good for me, there are plenty of them within driving distance of my home.
Amit the Jopasu is only meant to clear accumulated dust or anything that has not stuck to the painted surface (tourist visa?) and has got the illegal green card to stay on.
Its true, I should have taken the pachyderm to a jet spray cleaner, but this time I just hoped I would be able to do it and you could see the result!
Cheers!
Old 26th May 2010, 10:56   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Venky for being so very frank. Really liked it! Lets see when these test drives transform into real long drives.
I can find one thing though. My Scorpio is covering less distances but my postings here on this thread go on unabated. Likewise, your Scorpio has covered 23000kms. I can only hope you will post more and more and enlighten us through your celebrated thread.

Amit the Jopasu is only meant to clear accumulated dust or anything that has not stuck to the painted surface (tourist visa?) and has got the illegal green card to stay on.
Its true, I should have taken the pachyderm to a jet spray cleaner, but this time I just hoped I would be able to do it and you could see the result!
Cheers!
yeah, these specks would not be stuck, rather they look quite bad on a black car. I am planning to buy Jopasu, also checking the jopasu thread on TBHP.

On the kms usage, yes, I have been telling you that your one years usage is like my two months usage. The beast is asking for more kms, let it unleash its power.
Old 31st May 2010, 22:28   #499
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
yeah, these specks would not be stuck, rather they look quite bad on a black car. I am planning to buy Jopasu, also checking the jopasu thread on TBHP.

On the kms usage, yes, I have been telling you that your one years usage is like my two months usage. The beast is asking for more kms, let it unleash its power.
Amit Jopashu is VFM very true.Its a duster in the true sense.And for the Kms lets hope!
Wanted to post an update that T.A.S.S. viz. M/s Unnati Motors had organised a get together of all their customers viz. Mahindra UV/MUV/SUV owners (yesterday 30/05/2010 evening) to whom they had sent sms's and invitation cards. The evening turned out to be full of fun and frolic.Outside the venue called Krazy Kastle, there were Mahindras of all hues from the Maxx to Logan to Xylo and Scorpio parked all over.
Owners with their families and drivers in attendance were all around in the lawn. Within the auditorium, it was music in full blast with a lively DJ in attendance, making the audience also play games. Overall it was an enjoyable evening.Dinner was also served and T.A.S.S.were liberal in handing over return gifts (two medium sized service bowls) to one and all (one for each family).
Old 25th June 2010, 20:23   #500
Distinguished - BHPian

Am enjoying the drives in the monsoon weather. When its cloudy and less dusty, I simply switch off the AC, roll down the window and drive hearing the M Hawk grrrrunt and feeling the traffic all around me, all the while.I think the M Hawk engine sound is one of the finest for a contemporary diesel in its class.It has a lot of punch within.Among the worst sounding new age diesels are the Tata Indicas of the pre-Vista range.
Apart from the muck that gets stuck there is no other monsoon woe for me and I feel its too little a price to pay for the just passed by hot summer.Sorry Delhiites and many others from the north, summer is still around.
And the Jopashu duster is quite handy for dried surfaces - take back my earlier statement here that the Jopashu should be rested during monsoons.But one note of caution-the Jopashu should not be used on wet surfaces as per the company's instruction.
Another Scorpio quiz?? Last time I had asked about the part of the SUV that gets the most dirty( excluding the underbody) and the answer was the foot board.
Which is the other part of the SUV's body that gets the second most dirty (after the footboard) especially during monsoons (again underbody excluded)?
Old 25th June 2010, 22:20   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another Scorpio quiz?? Last time I had asked about the part of the SUV that gets the most dirty( excluding the underbody) and the answer was the foot board.
Which is the other part of the SUV's body that gets the second most dirty (after the footboard) especially during monsoons (again underbody excluded)?
the side cladding, but that can be combined with the footboard.

so it would be the rear- the rear bumper, the boot door & the rear glass.
Old 25th June 2010, 23:03   #502
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
the side cladding, but that can be combined with the footboard.

so it would be the rear- the rear bumper, the boot door & the rear glass.
Thanks for the good attempt Raj. You have hit the nail on the head- and as a senior Scorpion (like Senior BHPian)you seem to be aware where the gremlins lie.
As I had earlier said and many had agreed the footboard (claddings or lower doors too)gets the dirtiest of all. Its number one.Raj you are right.

The next as Raj has put it rightly the rear -everything upward from the rear bumper to the rear glass like any other hatch, including the Maruti 800!
Old 26th June 2010, 08:55   #503
Senior - BHPian

Senior scorpion??? :-)

the scorpio has a short rear overhang, so in monsoon, the spray from the rear wheels directly hits the rear door & glass.

Try cleaning the scorpio after a long highway journey in the monsoons. the rear door itself will take 50% of the effort & time. you are bound to lose 2-3 kgs!
Old 26th June 2010, 20:43   #504
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Senior scorpion??? :-)

the scorpio has a short rear overhang, so in monsoon, the spray from the rear wheels directly hits the rear door & glass.

Try cleaning the scorpio after a long highway journey in the monsoons. the rear door itself will take 50% of the effort & time. you are bound to lose 2-3 kgs!
Very true Raj. Thats like any other hatch. The weight loss therapy is good.
I think the word "Scorpion" for we Scorpio enthusiasts is apt.
Old 26th June 2010, 23:09   #505
Senior - BHPian

yea, scorpion does sound good but "senior scorpion" is not apt for me, i am not eligible yet! there are many others in this forum who should be titled this.
Old 8th July 2010, 20:52   #506
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
yea, scorpion does sound good but "senior scorpion" is not apt for me, i am not eligible yet! there are many others in this forum who should be titled this.
Ok Raj As You Like It..
Find that the OVRM's outer casing and the mirror have a gap area, which I had said earlier can be used by lizards to nest lay eggs.Now during monsoon, I find that water collects there and when the SUV moves, the jerks make the water drip and fall.There could have been a decent cushioning between the mirror and the casing to cover up the gap and seal the empty space.
Old 9th July 2010, 11:34   #507
Senior - BHPian

It seems Scorpio is planned to store water. Have heard of water gushing from top (to the windsreen) when brakes are applied during monsoons.
Old 9th July 2010, 12:30   #508
Senior - BHPian

yes, its not just a "tank", its a "water tank"!!!

P.S.: i know it was a PJ!
Old 9th July 2010, 19:18   #509
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It seems Scorpio is planned to store water. Have heard of water gushing from top (to the windsreen) when brakes are applied during monsoons.
Quote:
yes, its not just a "tank", its a "water tank"!!!

P.S.: i know it was a PJ!
The ORVM pictures here:-
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc05563.jpg
The trail of trickling water and the "watermark" (folded ORVM ) on the front right door's outside is seen.(The picture was clicked just now in the dark ,sorry for the quality-will post a better one tommorow)
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc05561.jpg
The gap between the housing and the mirror in this picture.
True Amit and Raj while driving in the rains water trickles or rather flows down from the roof top via the front windscreen.Feels like there is a SINTEX atop on the SUV's roof, thats overflowing or leaking in EMI's (equal minute by minute instalments).
And even when the SUV's top is wet and there are no rains adequate water is stored, the water flows down again in EMI's via the windscreen whenever the automobile moves over uneven surfaces or there are jerks.
M &M should be awarded for rain water harvesting!

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 9th July 2010 at 19:21.
Old 28th August 2010, 19:24   #510
Distinguished - BHPian

Today in rained cats and dogs in the morning here.I had to drop my daughter to her school.The rains lasted about 3 hours but the precipitation flooded many of the city roads turning them into dirty lakes.
I drove my Brute SUV through the hugely water logged roads. The footboard was deep into the waters that were a bit above the its level.The SUV splashes water about six feet on either sides while wading through. Some Marutis and Hyundais were stuck. Mr Scorpio braved all the waters to try and reach us to the school on time.As usual the rooftop appeared to have its own Sintex tank -so much waterfall-like was the flowage through the windscreen.
But Lady Luck had something else on its mind. A huge old tree had fallen just about 700 meters away from the school and it blocked all traffic movements. Only two wheelers (bent at angles of upto 45 degrees-like they pass through closed level crossings) were finding a way from a narrow space near the base of the fallen tree trunk.
We had to park the SUV and walk down 700 metres to the school in the heavy rains-luckily I always keep two umbrellas within the SUV. While leaving her and getting back to the SUV saw another huge tree fall down, blocking the road further ahead.
Again I missed my camera or else this post could have been pictorial.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 28th August 2010 at 19:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks