Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2011, 18:59   #541
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My New Refreshed Scorpio LX

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Anjan thats a very nice looking ride you own! In a hunt for a bigger ride next year and closely evaluating the Scorp LX. Second the opinion that it is great value buy considering all the essential goodies packed in it. Was going through your thread and was curious to know the mileage till date and cost of ownership in terms of fuel, spares, service etc considering your run.
Thanks girishglg.True the LX is quite a good value for money.The main asset of this SUV is the MHawk that is torquey and full of life. It never lets you down when you accelerate or try to maneuver either on a highway or in dense city traffic.Its NVH level is excellent for its price.Even with the AC cooling the interiors the engine output is hardly affected.
People talk about its dynamics and instability but I seldom cross 100 kmph and so thats ruled out for me. Below 100 kmph its at its best with excellent manners.
Its mileage is about 11-12 kmpl with the fourth and fifth gears mostly engaged. I try to avoid taking it to crowded places.Touchwood- have avoided scratches and dents this way other than the mild hit by a Tata truck bumper sometime in 2009.
On the spares and service front, I have not had to spend on anything other than on oil changes and other preventive maintenance done on the SUV.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 22nd October 2011 at 19:01.
Old 18th December 2011, 20:49   #542
Distinguished - BHPian

Today was 3M day for the Brute SUV. I had polished it using 3M car polish a few days back.Having read some new threads about new 3M shops that have been doing a good job in metros, I being a DIY guy with a DIY, DNA went ahead with the Tyre/ Rubber and Plast Shield to add shine and to protect 'em all.
The Plast Shield does wonders to the dash and all plastic consoles and plastic parts inside.I also applied as I always do on the air intake below the windscreen,the rear window vents,even door lock plastic housings, tail lights, headlights, fog lights,roof rails, black portions of the front grille,bumper, ORV and RV mirrors and so on.The results are excellent.
The tyres, all glass beadings, mudflaps, mats and other rubber parts got the Tyre Shield coat and have become shiny!
Cheers to 3M! Mahindra uses cheap plastics but 3M enhances their value 3 times!
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc08305.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc08306.jpg

Name:  DSC08307.JPG
Views: 1859
Size:  131.0 KB

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc08308.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc08309.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc08310.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc08311.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc08312.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc08313.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc08314.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc08315.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc08316.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc08335.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc08336.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc08337.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc08338.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc08339.jpg
The key was also Plasti Shielded
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc08340.jpg
and so also the door lock!
Old 13th April 2012, 19:12   #543
BHPian

Hi! Guys,

I went through all the posts in this thread atleast 4 times, and finally went for the Scorpio MHAWK LX last month. Just completed 2000 kms and enjoying every bit driving the beast. Shall be posting some pics with a brief ownership post soon.
ADI_77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 20:59   #544
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADI_77 View Post
Hi! Guys,

I went through all the posts in this thread atleast 4 times, and finally went for the Scorpio MHAWK LX last month. Just completed 2000 kms and enjoying every bit driving the beast. Shall be posting some pics with a brief ownership post soon.
Congratulations ADI. Awaiting your pictures of the new Scorpio LX.I am not aware if you have already posted them on the forum- please then lead us to the link.
Meanwhile, the Brute Scorpio of mine is doing its job extremely well. There's no hiccup of any kind. I must confess that till today I have never had to crank the M Hawk more than once to start it. One self and thats all it needs (touchwood)! I am relishing my drives again cocooned from the extreme heat wave conditions (its 43.2 degrees Celsius here). The AC does its job only too well even after three years, without needing any servicing or special attention(touchwood). As much as possible, I try to park it in the shade, when out. At home it has its garage. Because the AC needs some time to get going and the going is best started from a parking place in the shade.
The dealer just last week hosted a customers meet last Saturday at a local 3 Star hotel offering a gala musical evening, followed by dinner for the entire family. My little daughter and her cousin went gaga over the event, relishing every moment!
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc09225.jpg
The gala evening
I had a talk with the Service Manager and told him about my flawless (touchwood) three year old Scorpio.The next paid servicing is in the meanwhile becoming due.
But there is a minor hiccup in paradise. The rubber hoses insulating the P/W wires into the doors have all cracked up- shows the poor quality of ancillary material being used by M &M.Three years is no time when these can become tattered.During a wash, water can leak into the door and create problems with the P/W electricals,Central locking and even can cause rusting in moist areas.
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc09214.jpg
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc09215.jpg
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc09216.jpg
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc09217.jpg
The four doors and the rubber hoses in tatters!
My 25 year old (1987) Maruti 800 still has many OE original rubber components intact.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 2nd May 2012 at 21:02.
Old 3rd May 2012, 19:58   #545
BHPian

Hey thanks man, Yes I bought my SCORPIO mHAWK, just completed 2 months, its been a dream run so far, enjoying every bit driving it. Have posted few pics on the forum (the shotcut link as under) shall post more pics shortly

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ry-so-far.html
And Congrats to you & your Brute for completing 3 yrs.
Old 3rd May 2012, 22:34   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
But there is a minor hiccup in paradise. The rubber hoses insulating the P/W wires into the doors have all cracked up
The rubber hose behind the driver side door of my vehicle is also torn, as shown in the 3rd pic in your post [incl the gala eve pic]. Have you enquired if the ASC has these hoses, or will you need to visit the body shop [where accident jobs are repaired] to replace them?

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 3rd May 2012, 23:04   #547
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
The rubber hose behind the driver side door of my vehicle is also torn, as shown in the 3rd pic in your post [incl the gala eve pic]. Have you enquired if the ASC has these hoses, or will you need to visit the body shop [where accident jobs are repaired] to replace them?

Cheers,
Vikram
Sorry to read that.It seems that the shoddy quality is plaguing many Scorpios.
I am yet to go to the ASC with this problem. Let me see if I can do a DIY job on it. If so, I shall post pictures.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 15:58   #548
BANNED

Quote:
The four doors and the rubber hoses in tatters!
My 25 year old (1987) Maruti 800 still has many OE original rubber components intact.
I have the same issue with Hariya and have enquired about the availability of these hoses but have been told that they are not available with M&M. Now I m thinking replacing them with something else that is compatible. It is in these small spares that M&M sucks, literally.
Old 21st May 2012, 17:03   #549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to read that.It seems that the shoddy quality is plaguing many Scorpios.
I am yet to go to the ASC with this problem. Let me see if I can do a DIY job on it. If so, I shall post pictures.
Anjan, any luck with procuring this part from the ASC or with your DIY?

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 21st May 2012, 20:00   #550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers,
Vikram
Hi Vikram, not yet but soon I will do the DIY job as I have been procrastinating on taking it to the ASC.
I will keep you posted here with the details.
Old 29th May 2012, 14:16   #551
BHPian

Anjan, great to read the ongoing ownership reviews. My LX is also doing great. We have crossed a bit over 14000 clicks and the experience has been awesome. One gripe I have is with the servicing. A couple of issues are currently troubling me, thought of checking with you:
1. While braking the scorpio at speeds of 40 or 50 km/h I get a screeching noise that refuses to go even after 2 services. I recently serviced and the noise wasn't there for a day, but it is coming all over again. Would there be a problem in the break drum
2. I am unable to open the rear door with the key indepenently, service center keeps telling me the issue is fixed and it keeps reappearing again. Should I ask for a change in the rear door lock

Apart from these teething issues, the vehicle is smooth and returns an average of around 11-13 in city with AC. What else can i ask for
diwakarmuthu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2012, 20:47   #552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post
Anjan, great to read the ongoing ownership reviews. My LX is also doing great. We have crossed a bit over 14000 clicks and the experience has been awesome. One gripe I have is with the servicing. A couple of issues are currently troubling me, thought of checking with you:
1. While braking the scorpio at speeds of 40 or 50 km/h I get a screeching noise that refuses to go even after 2 services. I recently serviced and the noise wasn't there for a day, but it is coming all over again. Would there be a problem in the break drum
2. I am unable to open the rear door with the key indepenently, service center keeps telling me the issue is fixed and it keeps reappearing again. Should I ask for a change in the rear door lock

Apart from these teething issues, the vehicle is smooth and returns an average of around 11-13 in city with AC. What else can i ask for
Thanks diwakar.The screeching noise even at 40 or 50 kmph speeds is unusual and you need to get it checked.Is the noise emanating from the front or the rear wheels?
The rear door not opening with the key is another unusual problem.If the rear door lock is changed, you will need another key. That will be quite a headache. If its under warranty you can tell the ASC to either try a repair job or change all the locks- front doors, ignition and rear door. Again the immobiliser code etc will come into play..
Old 4th June 2012, 21:06   #553
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers,
Vikram
Hi Vikram, had been to the ASC today for the servicing. The hoses as was expected are not available. The weather 9its 46 degrees Celsius here) is playing spoilsport. As soon as it gets a bit cooler, I will do the DIY job and keep you posted.
Back to the servicing job, the paid service was done today with a good clockwork precision by the ASC M/s Unnati Motors, Nagpur. Though I had gone quite early, I was fifth in the list and they said the work will be over by 3.30 pm.I got the call by 4.00 pm and collected by Brute SUV again in ship shape with the new oils in its engine and gearbox.As usual , the oil filter must also be new with the changed oil.
The total cost came to Rs 3582 9incl Rs 13/- for distilled water in the battery.
The driver side P/W was not working but it was repaired.The costs may have come in the labour charges.
Overall, a very well done job by the ASC !
I could not believe when I saw the ASC's compound jammed with Mahindras of all hues.Most of them were new and for sale. Some had come for servicing.The last time I visited, the compound was not so jam packed.It indicates two things:-
(1) M&M is on a high- Mahindra Rise!!
(2) The ASC has due to its excellent customer relations got a major chunk of the sales outwitting the other dealer in town , I believe.
The pictures:
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc09367.jpg
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc09368.jpg
My Brute SUV before the servicing!

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc09377.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc09378.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc09381.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc09380.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc09382.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc09383.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc09384.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc09387.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc09388.jpg
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc09386.jpg
After the oil change and wash!!
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc09393.jpg

The bill
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc09369.jpg
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc09370.jpg
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc09376.jpg
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc09389.jpg
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc09391.jpg
The ASC compound is jam packed!The Boleros, Xylos, three wheelers, mini pick-ups, the Scorpios and XUV's crowding. The Veritos are scanty!
Old 5th June 2012, 04:46   #554
Team-BHP Support

Anjan, can't believe your Scorpio looks so clean even before the service! Mine always goes in for service wearing half the dust of Bangalore on its body!

How much kms has your vehicle covered when going in for this service? I am surprised that the labour charge for the paid service in your case is just Rs. 900 while it is much higher here in Bangalore.
benbsb29 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 12:20   #555
Senior - BHPian

A perfectly well maintained machine you have anjan, awesome and the more i see your pictures more i fall in love with this shade of scorpio,looks elegant.
Does paid service varies from city to city for MASS, here i have heard many friends paying atleast 1200 ya more.Keep updating and enjoy your ride.
vijaythacker is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks