Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2010, 11:01   #466
Senior - BHPian

Hi Anjan, good that you moved from Lombard, people have quite bad experiences from them on this forum. Hope Reliance is better. This year high temperatures have come quite early. time to put on heat protection sun films. I had installed 3M on my car with no bubbles, do get yourself one soon buddy. get a good installer for the job.
Old 11th April 2010, 22:19   #467
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Hi Anjan, good that you moved from Lombard, people have quite bad experiences from them on this forum. Hope Reliance is better. This year high temperatures have come quite early. time to put on heat protection sun films. I had installed 3M on my car with no bubbles, do get yourself one soon buddy. get a good installer for the job.
Thanks Amit.Yes indeed, Reliance is better than ICICI Lombard if not the best.I got some feedback from others including pramods, our fellow bhpian from Nagpur, whose brand new Scorpio suffered a considerable damage very recently.Moreover as it has a cashless transaction with the A.S.S. I preferred it.
True the windscreen sun film is very essential these days.
Old 19th April 2010, 20:37   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
I was indeed told by the A.S.S. chaps that the right side stalk if fitted and the wiring harness only a bit redone (a 10 minute job) the fog light can be activated. They say they have done this for many Scorpios.Agree that M&M parts supply record is awful. Imagine if someone had to wait for some spare without which the SUV won't run.
As said above Mile Cruncher the A.S.S. chaps have been fitting fog lights and have told me that only the right stalk needs to be changed. I shall keep you posted on the developments.
After making two calls in a span of two weeks and finally a bit tersely made third call just a few days back, the Mahindra helpline relented and contacted the dealer to get in touch with me.
The horror (economic) story unfolded and the once so confident chaps now told me from the M.A.S.S. that the whole set of right and left stalks are sold and that costs something like Rs 3.1 K odd.
I remembered Murphy's Law again which goes on thus "Nothing is as easy as it looks."
Now they say the Mahindra helpline is calling them again and again to resolve my problem.
The ultimate solution has come out in the form of a switch that will fit in the dummy switch console below the HU on the dash to activate the fog lamps and will cost Rs 350/- odd.
So all the glib talk of getting a new switch to activate the fog light along with the headlamp switchgear is now passe.Why waste Rs 3.1 K for nothing! Unless the insurance guys pay me!!
Its back to the square one. I will get the job done during my third FREE service at the MASS.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 19th April 2010 at 20:39.
Old 19th April 2010, 21:45   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Thanks Amit.Yes indeed, Reliance is better than ICICI Lombard if not the best.I got some feedback from others including pramods, our fellow bhpian from Nagpur, whose brand new Scorpio suffered a considerable damage very recently.Moreover as it has a cashless transaction with the A.S.S. I preferred it.
True the windscreen sun film is very essential these days.
Hi Anjan,
Hope your Scorp is doing fine because mine has completed 4 years 50k kms last week and its as good as it used to be. You have totally transformed yours and your beast really looks handsome now.

Dont worry about Reliance, its anyday better than ICICI. Our Scorpio's claim was 1.5 lk after the accident 2 years back and the process was very smooth and cashless. This year we have taken Reliance for Linea too, they gave the best quote possible and best pre sales service.
Old 19th April 2010, 22:13   #470
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Hi Anjan,
Hope your Scorp is doing fine because mine has completed 4 years 50k kms last week and its as good as it used to be. You have totally transformed yours and your beast really looks handsome now.

Dont worry about Reliance, its anyday better than ICICI. Our Scorpio's claim was 1.5 lk after the accident 2 years back and the process was very smooth and cashless. This year we have taken Reliance for Linea too, they gave the best quote possible and best pre sales service.
coolboy wishing your Scorpio a happy 4th birthday. Nice that its doing fine.I had seen the accident pictures posted by you if I remember correctly.
Mine completed one year on 14th April and is as good as new. Thanks for the compliments.Also glad to hear about Reliance! A thumbs up!
Old 23rd April 2010, 12:53   #471
Senior - BHPian

so the third service is when ? Finally we will be able to see the fog lights glowing in your scorpio.

Dont forget to click some pics in the dark with fog lights on.
Old 23rd April 2010, 19:43   #472
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
so the third service is when ? Finally we will be able to see the fog lights glowing in your scorpio.

Dont forget to click some pics in the dark with fog lights on.
Thanks Amit. I will get the third and last free service done during the next fortnight. Yes, from then the fog lamps will glow for sure.I will surely post pictures of the SUV with these lamps on!
Old 26th April 2010, 20:53   #473
Distinguished - BHPian

The BIG S Completes One Splendid Year![/FONT]
I thought its time to review the performance of my prized possession, the Big S or my Brute SUV ! Its one full year and the day is still fresh on my mind (rather every family members) when the Scorpio (very cool from the inside with the AC on in full blast) reached my house on a hot summer evening from the dealership with the temporary number plate on April 14th 2009. We took it for the customary Puja and then it went back to the dealer only to come back via the RTO office the next day permanently.
I was scared of driving around in such a huge SUV as I assumed that nothing will happen to me, but maybe something happens to the 3rd Party, as insurance guys call it, because of my callousness. But Touchwood! Its all in safe hands.
During the first few drives, my little daughter always quipped, “Baba all those smaller Marutis and Hyundais appear like toys to me sitting on this mighty beast.” So again the 3rd Party factor intrigued me but I have emerged from this phobia now.
The Scorpio I must say is a splendid SUV given its price. And its sporty throttle never lets you down. It’s a SUV after all. It’s a diesel after all .The alacrity with which its gobbles up potholes and uneven surfaces is something praiseworthy. Every drive where I can engage the fifth cog for a long time is great fun, but in dense traffic with the use of third and rarely fourth cog, it’s a drive with no meaning.
The dealership has given me a very fine impression and I am quite pleased with their service quality. Their calls to me are quite regular with updates of service camps and check ups.
Overall, the Scorpio is the SUV for those with a near Rs 8- 10 L budget (the AT is 12L plus) and nothing comes near it. The spares are quite affordable. For others who brag about some other brands, let the sales figures speak for themselves. I used to speak about the crap plastics on the dash and elsewhere but a 3M coat has enriched their looks.
A few hiccups here- there is rust on some components within this one year and M&M could better do better QC here. These are tiny components which may be costing a few rupees but the rust has arrived and is here to stay. The pictures will speak for themselves below.
Also lifting the beast on the jack is a hell of a job. Not for the 1.8 ton beast you are lifting but for the jacking point on the under body. ITS VERY UNSAFE and God save the jack engager should the jack be applied on an uneven road surface.There is just a small convex surface near the wheel on the under body to fasten and hold the jack.I remember those lovely jacking points of the old Ambassadors and Fiats where nothing could go wrong! My Landmaster too has a splendid jacking point on its under body.

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc03728.jpg
flashback from 14/04/2009
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04120.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04128.jpg
rust and rust

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04439.jpg
The hit during mid October 2009 on its rear right.This was callousness. I overtook a Tata truck from its left swerving suddenly to my right to avoid hitting a sluggishly moving Zen ahead of me and Bang!The truck's bumper hit (rather kissed) my Scorpio
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc05205.jpg
The mighty MHawk
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc05206.jpg
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc05207.jpg
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc05209.jpg
rust rust and more rust on the cheap crap clips/screws-wonder about those Scorps in humid areas-I live in a drier climate
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc05208.jpg
cheap insulation material placed between the engine and the cabin
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc05212.jpg
the crap quality mirror adjusting knob is detached & wants to retire but I have used my veto by applying Fevicol wanting it to serve me more.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 26th April 2010 at 21:12.
Old 26th April 2010, 21:05   #474
Distinguished - BHPian

The slick interiors courtesy 3M and the other non OE factors!
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc05210.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc05211.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc05213.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc05214.jpg
The plastics earlier looked very cheap and now they look cheap!
I had test driven a Xylo E8 before buying this one and was amazed at its plastic quality. It was not even a notch better than that on the Bajaj Spirit!
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-sonycamv-099.jpg
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-sonycamv-098.jpg
And the jack and the jacking point- horryfying
The tools supplied are also not anything better both in size and quality as compared to my Honda Activa. Apart from the jack and the tonybar, the toolbag is of a similar size as the Activa's.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 26th April 2010 at 21:18.
Old 27th April 2010, 15:57   #475
Senior - BHPian

wow, its one year, it seems like I am reading this thread since past few months only, you are already relishing it while I am still dreaming of owning it.

Congrats Anjan for the 1st year of ownership of the beast, nothing like it.

Sad to see rust.

The interiors are nice, can you please tell more in details whats it all about ? Is it a polish only ? OR something else ?

I am shocked by seeing the jack, is this a joke, what kind of bottom support this jack has, didnt knew M&M gives such jacks for Scorpio, heck, my santro has better jack. I guess its better to buy hydraulic jack, scorpio being a bigger vehicle can take the load and that jack will be easier to use on this 2 tonner.
Old 27th April 2010, 20:18   #476
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
wow, its one year, it seems like I am reading this thread since past few months only, you are already relishing it while I am still dreaming of owning it.

Congrats Anjan for the 1st year of ownership of the beast, nothing like it.

Sad to see rust.

The interiors are nice, can you please tell more in details whats it all about ? Is it a polish only ? OR something else ?

I am shocked by seeing the jack, is this a joke, what kind of bottom support this jack has, didnt knew M&M gives such jacks for Scorpio, heck, my santro has better jack. I guess its better to buy hydraulic jack, scorpio being a bigger vehicle can take the load and that jack will be easier to use on this 2 tonner.
Thanks Amit and firstly let me wish you all the best to begin a new chapter in Happy Motoring with your Scorpio in 2010!
The interior plastics need a regular application of 3M plastic (dash and other plastic parts) polish to look fresh and less crap like.
The jack is a joke. Yes can go for a hydraulic jack but that will have to be carried within the SUV especially during long drives.
I also forgot to mention about the archaic gearbox which is a kill joy. It needs to be perfected for better drives.
When M&M could do a Lotus (U.K.) on the older Scorpio with its pogo like, primitive rear suspensions, the gearbox upgradation exercise should be a simple job. After all, Mhawk, MEagle and many more M's will roll out but what about the shoddy drivetrain?
Old 27th April 2010, 21:21   #477
Senior - BHPian

congrats anjan. you have had a great ownership experience & you seem to be very thrilled.

yes, i agree about the jac. also, mahnindra could have provided beige interiors in the LX.
Old 28th April 2010, 10:48   #478
Senior - BHPian

Anjan, your interiors are well kept I must say then, if you are doing all the interior cleaning.

And yeah, how many kms done till now ?

Also, please let us know, how to operate that jack ? I can see a button at the bottom end, it is automated ? And yes Hydraulic jack makes more sense for vehicles like Scorpio, Safari, as they have enough space and the power to carry it with them always.
Old 30th April 2010, 19:39   #479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anjan, your interiors are well kept I must say then, if you are doing all the interior cleaning.

And yeah, how many kms done till now ?

Also, please let us know, how to operate that jack ? I can see a button at the bottom end, it is automated ? And yes Hydraulic jack makes more sense for vehicles like Scorpio, Safari, as they have enough space and the power to carry it with them always.
Thanks Amit. Its all touchwood! Interiors!
The Big S has done some 5000 kms till now.
The jack is very, very manually operated and has the conventional handle crank it and to "uplift" the SUV.The jack may be hydraulic though, as it has 3 telescopic members within which gush out and lift the SUV to the desired height.( Thodisi To Lift Karade )
Old 1st May 2010, 15:28   #480
Senior - BHPian

what ? one year of ownership and just 5k ! My Santro does touches that number in less than 2 months.

You are not letting the engine open, this beast needs more kms on the odo.

Waiting for some travelogues from you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks