Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2009, 19:43   #391
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
I just bought a scorpio VLX Diamond White BS3 .
What i have observed was that for all LX & SLE versions ,Scorpio passes JK tyres .

For VLX , we have Bridgestones ...
Ranga hearty congratulations upon buying the new Scorpio. Please put up a new thread with pictures and all the experiences. In fact,I had sensed that but had asked the dealer to get me Bridgestone Duelers. I said I won't buy it till I get my brand and luck had it! I got the Duelers with an OE Amaron battery.
Would like to hear if there are any other makes being fitted as OE in new Scorpios other than Amaron.I must reiterate that Amaron is no 1 to 10 and no 11 onwards the crowd viz. Exide, Tata, Amco, Panasonic and others follow.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 20th November 2009 at 19:45.
Old 21st November 2009, 22:26   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Would like to hear if there are any other makes being fitted as OE in new Scorpios other than Amaron.I must reiterate that Amaron is no 1 to 10 and no 11 onwards the crowd viz. Exide, Tata, Amco, Panasonic and others follow.
Hi Anjan, logging into your thread after a very long time, sad to see that dent on your beast, but glad that it is not very big. When is the next service due ?

Also, do let us know what makes you say so brightly about Amaron ? Any particular experiences ? I too am not quite happy with Exide.
Old 21st November 2009, 23:22   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Hi Anjan, logging into your thread after a very long time, sad to see that dent on your beast, but glad that it is not very big. When is the next service due ?

Also, do let us know what makes you say so brightly about Amaron ? Any particular experiences ? I too am not quite happy with Exide.
Amit thanks for sharing grief for the dent.The next service is due during mid December.Say in another four weeks.
I am seeing so many reports about Amaron batteries here. This is a fact I can reveal wherein a friend who owns a Maruti Omni, has fitted an Amaron (36 month warranty) battery about two years back.The Omni is used only once in two/three months. But even if its started after two months the 2 year old battery picks up the self and the engine starts. I have been using Exides since many years but lately they have not kept pace with the competitors.
Old 22nd November 2009, 10:53   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Amit thanks for sharing grief for the dent.The next service is due during mid December.Say in another four weeks.
so you are going to get the dent repaired then ? How will it be done at ASC ? will they need the beast for more than a day at their workshop for this ?

Quote:
I am seeing so many reports about Amaron batteries here. I have been using Exides since many years but lately they have not kept pace with the competitors.
OOh, that means apna Indian is doing us proud by taking on such mighty as Exide. Will try Amaron as my next battery.
but you have given 1 to 10 ranking to it buddy, isnt that too much ?
Old 22nd November 2009, 23:11   #395
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
so you are going to get the dent repaired then ? How will it be done at ASC ? will they need the beast for more than a day at their workshop for this ?
OOh, that means apna Indian is doing us proud by taking on such mighty as Exide. Will try Amaron as my next battery.
but you have given 1 to 10 ranking to it buddy, isnt that too much ?
Yes Amit that dent is going to be normalised soon. I'll leave the SUV for a night halt as the fog lamps and get the bumpers,door handles ,ORVM's, grille painted in body colour during the second service.
Hah Hah for the 1 to 10 for Amaron, but that brand is getting a lot of recognition lately.
Old 23rd November 2009, 09:55   #396
Senior - BHPian

Excide is crap the quality is below par for many many years now.
Go for Amron or Tata Green , Amron is very good and used as OEM battery in many vehicles.
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:12   #397
Senior - BHPian

has anyone seen this video http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1595653-post1888.html
Old 23rd November 2009, 16:11   #398
Senior - BHPian

yes, showing what a 4x4 scorpio is capable of, but let that discussion be in that thread itself.
Old 5th December 2009, 21:31   #399
Distinguished - BHPian

Got hold of a pair of fog lights and the wiring harness for my Brute SUV from TASS.I intend to get it fitted when I hand over the machine for the second service in the next two weeks.The reason for buying the pair is that they may have not been there in stock after two weeks. The light switch to the right and near the steering also needs to be changed to one with a fog lamp switch thats placed after the light on/off/full beam switch.This kind of switch is OE for the SLE and higher variants. it was not in stock and I am sure it will be available very soon at TASS.
Cost wise the fog lamp pair with wiring harness cost me Rs 1850=00 and the switch will cost me Rs 575=00.
As I intend to paint the bumpers, door handles, rear number plate light etc in body colour during the service, the fog lamp fitment is necessary as it will complement the frontal looks.
Old 6th December 2009, 05:27   #400
Distinguished - BHPian

I am actually cursing the painted bumpers and ORVM's. So you might want to rethink that. Its extremely painful to manage them in Indian traffic. I am looking at a touch up on an annual basis now :-(
Old 6th December 2009, 15:16   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I am actually cursing the painted bumpers and ORVM's. So you might want to rethink that. Its extremely painful to manage them in Indian traffic. I am looking at a touch up on an annual basis now :-(
Thanks Venky for your view.Thats really a practical problem with metallic paints all over the body.Our SUV's touch up jobs are again best done by the A.S.S. which is again a worrisome proposition.
But again thats life- like marriage everyone knows its all full of tension,palpitation,illusion, hallucination and all other "ions" but ultimately we all go for it! Body coloured bumpers also come with a near similar package I believe -very attractive to have but nerve racking to maintain.
Old 28th December 2009, 20:43   #402
Distinguished - BHPian

Today we had been out on the Refreshed beast to Ramtek and Khindsi that are off NH 7 enroute to Jabalpur from Nagpur.The total to and fro distance covered by the SUV was around 140kms.
We started at around 11.30 am and after having the whale of a time returned back around 6.45 pm.
Its for the first time I took it out for a spin and was totally in awe of the Scorpio. The way it handled and gave me company, I thought its nothing but the best in its class.Overtaking in the fourth gear is a breeze. The road was'nt so good but me and my family were cocooned inside the sturdy vehicle. Though it was around 16-24 degrees Celsius plus outside, the A.C. was on for the whole journey and had been adjusted towards the higher temperature end just to keep the passenger cabin dust free.
The greatest thing I liked about the Scorpio is the way it races and never lets you down while on the move.And its road presence is simply awesome.Most smaller cars give way for the larger beast to pass by which may be a potential nuisance for them if kept at bay.
Body rattle is felt on bumpy roads but dies off once the road gets good or the going gets good..The gigantic ORVM's are quite dutiful and justify their size-after all one depends on these while on the highway.
The maximum speed I touched was 95kmph as the road would not permit anything higher. Oh for those reckless trucks and buses everywhere and also the two wheelers that try to overtake you with full throttle and then give up saying you better overtake me again.
And lastly I must say that after all the nearly eight hour outing we were not even a wee bit tired and are now again full of latent energy, late in the evening !!
Some pictures::
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04613.jpg
The Brute SUV parked on the NH Seven (Kanyakumari- Allahabad)
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04614.jpg
The driver's seat add-on borrowed from my Maruti 800 with a no-objection-certificate from my OLD FAITHFUL car!
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04639.jpg
The Ram temple of Ramtek built by the Bhonsale kingdom
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04647.jpg
The simians who are hyperactive there
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04683.jpg
My daughter while boating on Khindsi lake
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04662.jpg
We also enjoyed boating in the smaller Ambala lake which has the Bhonsle period historic temples here
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04694.jpg
The lake view with all kinds of boats.The swans make it more scenic.
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04702.jpg
The brute SUV parked at the Khindsi lake parking lot.
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04705.jpg
Unruly traffic at the Kanhan level crossing (Mumbai-Kolkata railway line) - have a look at the traffic that wanted to move ahead both from the right and left.This gave a horrid time to the oncoming traffic from the other side of the level crossing as both the left and right sides of the road were abuzz.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 28th December 2009 at 21:00.
Old 28th December 2009, 21:12   #403
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more pictures of the places seen:
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04646.jpg
The simian is perhaps hungry and is swallowing flowers from a garland offered to the Lord.
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04644.jpg
View from the hill top (Ramtek)-seen below is the Ramtek town.
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04659.jpg
The Bhonsle period architecture viewed from the boat.
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04667.jpg
Parking lot of the Khindsi lake again- my Scorpio is parked way ahead
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04672.jpg
The Yamaha outboard motor-the kerosene tank is seen alongside.
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04687.jpg
There is also a Gasoline tank beside

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 28th December 2009 at 21:22.
Old 29th December 2009, 02:11   #404
BHPian

Hey buddy do post the pics of the fog lamp switch when you get hold of it. Also can you explain it in more details? Is it a separate switch or build into the headlight switch (the indicator / headlight rod switch)?
Old 29th December 2009, 10:23   #405
BHPian

Nice little trip....how is the road from mansar to ramtek/gondai.....i have taken this route while going to gondia in april this year...road condition was not too good at that time. I was scared that in next pothole the Santro's Suspension will come out.
That was my Father in law's Santro

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks