Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2009, 01:56   #196
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
no padding ! oem seat covers removed and new leather stitched in its place exactly as it was before.

no effort i think. like i said above it it just an exact replica of oem seat covers in fit . just like replacing ones skin.
Perfect. That's why it has to be Stanley only when it comes to seat covers. Nothing else I would go for when I'm gonna seriously think about Seat Covers. I'm very clear - either I go for the best with full-premium price or I go with absolute VFM (with ways of making it look very good) so it does not prevent me from changing it later, when I want. No middle ways. In this case, its either 25K Stanley for me or 3-4K VFM. No middle ways of 7-8-9-10 K ones.
Old 21st June 2009, 00:15   #197
BHPian

I had read somewhere long time back that some of you got the RC with Manufacturer's name a s TATA. Mine is mentioned as FIAT.

Anyone ??
Old 21st June 2009, 01:12   #198
BANNED

Quote:
I had read somewhere long time back that some of you got the RC with Manufacturer's name a s TATA. Mine is mentioned as FIAT.

Anyone ??
I got my RC Card. It mentions Fiat.
However, in my extended warranty policy, though they've mentioned the variant 1.4 Fiat Linea Petrol Emotion Pack clearly, they mentioned 1251 CC instead of 1368 cc
called the dealer guy, got it changed with his sign & stamp. Who knows such things are raised at the time of claim in future
Old 21st June 2009, 01:48   #199
BHPian

My RC states "Fiat India Automobiles Ltd". Exactly as it should be.

Infact I personally made sure that the RTA got it right during registration.
Old 21st June 2009, 10:44   #200
BHPian

Quote:

Anyone ??
Mine was also mentioned as 'TATA' which was changed to 'FIAT' after I brought this in to the notice. I was told that Gujarat RTO has computerized process of vehicle registration, where Linea was not entered in to their software initially, so this goof up.
Old 21st June 2009, 12:55   #201
Senior - BHPian

I have fiat mentined as the manufacturer name in my rc. Seems to be a bad goof up.
Old 21st June 2009, 13:10   #202
BHPian

The car just looks awesome no matter how many times you look at it.
Congrats on your buy man, this is the best dream you can live at this price
Old 30th July 2009, 14:44   #203
BHPian

Iam Back

Guys , been quite some time since my last post . Finally, i have put aside all my work to be able to write this post .

I am approaching the 6000 Km MArk on my ODO.

I was scheduled to fly to bangkok on 11th july and just a few days before that i had a small incident that caused my car some underbody injury.

It happened on an empty road and i went on top of a seemingly harmless stone from a nearby construction site (not very big stone i thought) . i was at 40-50 kmph. As i went on top of it i heard a thud as i learnt that day that the GC is not a much as i thought.

Since i did not see any visible marks on the car or any disturbance in driving i continued and tavelled some 100 odd km that day without any problems.

However, slowly i started noticing some noise coming from the underbody when i crank the car. and that continued when i drove after that.

I took the car to Fortune, Nerul and did an underbody inspection. You can see the damage as i saw in the first picture. The Lower Protection Plate that protects the front area of the underbody had a dent. This was to be replaced.

They did a check and also found that there was a very minor dent in the fuel tank too. Though very minor , i asked them to replace it too as the "MyCar" readings would be effected with a damaged fuel tank.

As i was going for about 8 days to bangkok, i planned to hand over the car for the job just before i leave. and thats what i did, so i managed to use my car till then with not much of an issue but a feeling of the hurt i had inflicted on my lovely car.

While i was in bangkok i called to enquire on the 4th day but was surprised to learn that the parts were not yet delivered from pune.

Then started my mails and phone calls to the FIAL service guys. Mangesh khodalkar replied and committed immediate action. I also spoke to the customer support manager - Ishan Bhatt and he promised that the matter will get top priority.

I returned on a sunday and was hoping to get the car back on monday but due to some procedural thing with the insurance company , i had to wait till tuesday to get my car back.

I was completely satisfied with the work done. and my chica was as smooth as ever.

I would like to mention the great response of Bajaj Allianz in the entire process as they were thoroughly professional. A total Bill of 35k was done on cashless insurance. I payed some 500Rs. for sundry items.

FIAT and Tata Motors did respond immediately once i escalted the matter. However, i learnt that there were other Linea's that were lying at the Service centre with similar complains but were delayed .

Based on my Mails and phone calls, these Work also got accelerated as the parts got shipped on priority. The Service Advisors at the Fortune Body Shop thanked me for this. This, however, is a concern as you cannot be always chasing the FIAT/TATA people to get every little thing done from time to time. I did put my remarks on this on the Survey / feedback letter that i handed over to them.

Overall , i am just loving my car more everyday and just also want to announce that , I am back !
Attached Thumbnails
The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-dsc00574.jpg  

The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-dsc00576.jpg  

The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-dsc00578.jpg  

The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-dsc00606.jpg  

The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-dsc00602.jpg  

The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-dsc00609.jpg  

Old 30th July 2009, 15:23   #204
BANNED

FastLove

Pleased to know that the beauty is restored & you're back in full swing.

35K? Thats pretty huge. Can you post a break up of the costs incurred?

I also experienced somewhat similar. I was going at 30 kmph & there was this slight slope on the road for 1 foot & then a very small steep incline with a very small edge. I crossed it & underbody got brushed with the road - totally unexpected for the slope was very very small. May be the front wheels went into the decline & the underbody brushed with the road.

Last edited by VahanPujari : 30th July 2009 at 15:34.
Old 30th July 2009, 15:30   #205
BHPian

35,000/- ?? Hey FL thats quite an amount. Breakup of the costs please?
Old 30th July 2009, 15:35   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
FastLove

Pleased to know that the beauty is restored & you're back in full swing.

35K? Thats pretty huge. Can you post a break up of the costs incurred?

I also experienced somewhat similar. I was going at 30 kmph & there was this slight slope on the road for 1 foot & then a very small steep incline with a very small edge. I crossed it & underbody got brushed with the road - totally unexpected for the slope was very very small. May be the front wheels went into the incline & the underbody brushed with the road.
the Lower Arm Frame Rs. 23000/- approx , Fuel Tank Rs. 3500/- approx. Rest was labour and misc.

I learnt after going through this that the Linea has a very solid underbody and you need not worry about the bumps. Only if you hit a stone like i did directly onto the framework it can cause minor dent. Go for inspection only if you notice anything (noise or leakages).
Old 30th July 2009, 16:41   #207
BHPian

Good that you got the car back. And insurance took care of the costs.
Also, is underbody damage covered under insurance as standard? Are there any exclusions/fine print?

I did such a thing recently too. Saw something in the centre of the road. Just drove over it over-confidently and it hit the bumper/underbody. Luckily it was some plastic box.

Last edited by neotraveller : 30th July 2009 at 16:44.
Old 30th July 2009, 16:50   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Good that you got the car back. And insurance took care of the costs.
Also, is underbody damage covered under insurance as standard? Are there any exclusions/fine print?

I did such a thing recently too. Saw something in the centre of the road. Just drove over it over-confidently and it hit the bumper/underbody. Luckily it was some plastic box.
The underbody is considered as a part of the exterior " body " . So just like you would have insurance for dents on your car exterior , so is the underbody treated the same. Atleast the lower arm frame was considered as the body. I dont think it applies to everything under the body.

My car did not have to enter the mechanical repair area. It was in the Body Shop that does all exterior cosmetics work including 3M Paint Protection or Dinitrol AntiRust that i did before. So the work was completely of Exterior / cosmetic in nature. If there was any damage to suspension etc. it would have been a different repair process for sure.
Old 31st July 2009, 12:57   #209
BHPian

on the GC of Linea being less. I took Linea on a Trip to Binsar early this month and found that the under body was touching the debris of some road maintenance at almost all truns.

Thank god it was not hard rock stones. But it did spoil the driving plessure for about 15 kms
Old 31st July 2009, 14:52   #210
Senior - BHPian

good to see that the car is back in shape. By the by was it really necessary to change the fuel tank. Did they say it will affect the "my car"?. I dont think these small dents will alter the my car thingy. That too the petrol tank is of plastic how come it had a dent?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks