Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2009, 15:56   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicesachin View Post
on the GC of Linea being less. I took Linea on a Trip to Binsar early this month and found that the under body was touching the debris of some road maintenance at almost all truns.

Thank god it was not hard rock stones. But it did spoil the driving plessure for about 15 kms
Being a Fiat Siena owner for the last 5 years & wanting to buy a Linea - the low GC is a deal breaker for me personally

I did a trip to Binsar as well in apr & have taken the car over much more horrible potholed non existant roads as well - the Fiat always came out with flying colors

I hope they do incorporate the feedback & raise the GC in the next version of Linea
Old 31st July 2009, 16:03   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
good to see that the car is back in shape. By the by was it really necessary to change the fuel tank. Did they say it will affect the "my car"?. I dont think these small dents will alter the my car thingy. That too the petrol tank is of plastic how come it had a dent?

Geeash Petrol tank is of solid Metal coated with a rubberised paint. hence even though it looks and feels like plastic it is not! and small dents on the fuel tank wont affect 'mycar'
Old 31st July 2009, 16:04   #213
BHPian

Guys

I think if we change 15" alloys to 16" or 17" it will improve GC marginally. What do you say ?
Old 31st July 2009, 16:08   #214
Senior - BHPian

is it metal!!! i thought all cars have plastic tanks . i just now had a look at the picture of my car hoisted which is there on the 3rd page of my thread. seems like the tank is covered with rubber. I honestly doubt that the petrol tank is of solid metal as it would add to the weight of the rear. i am going to go down and sneak under the car and check it today evening
Old 31st July 2009, 16:10   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
is it metal!!! i thought all cars have plastic tanks . i just now had a look at the picture of my car hoisted which is there on the 3rd page of my thread. seems like the tank is covered with rubber. I honestly doubt that the petrol tank is of solid metal as it would add to the weight of the rear. i am going to go down and sneak under the car and check it today evening

Geeash do a magnet test. if the magnet sticks on then it is metal i have seen fuel tanks of several cars. carried them too. regular exercise with them can give you good muscles
Old 31st July 2009, 18:25   #216
BANNED

Fuel tank of my earlier car, Ford Ikon was all Plastics. I've seen it myself
Old 3rd August 2009, 12:56   #217
BHPian

Friends , i need your inputs here .

I need to know the best practice while driving in rain. Only with respect to using the ACC / defogger etc. I am not good at this and need my fellow "Linens" to help me find the best way to keep the windshield and side windows clear at all times. Or for that matter, any problem you are facing in handling the mist yourself ?!

btw , i generally only use 2 things
1. the up arrow button to clear the windshield.
2. press the rear defogger button for rear glass.

Last edited by FastLove : 3rd August 2009 at 12:57.
Old 3rd August 2009, 13:01   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Friends , i need your inputs here .

I need to know the best practice while driving in rain. Only with respect to using the ACC / defogger etc. I am not good at this and need my fellow "Linens" to help me find the best way to keep the windshield and side windows clear at all times. Or for that matter, any problem you are facing in handling the mist yourself ?!

btw , i generally only use 2 things
1. the up arrow button to clear the windshield.
2. press the rear defogger button for rear glass.

Fast Love! its lineans and not linens Linens Makes us sound like some kinda Cloth!

To prevent misting up of windows keep the temeperature of ur ACC = outside temperature as displayed in your MID. also a temperature in the range 24-25 on the ACC should prevent misting of windows from outside.

secondly there are certain products (liquids) available on ebay which if applied on the windshield prevents misting up of glass!
Old 3rd August 2009, 13:47   #219
BHPian

In my zen, I just let cold air onto the windshield. Thats it, it works!

In Linea, I haven't experienced misting at all and never had to fiddle with settings/air-flow. wonder why
Of course I've driven only few times in rain this year.
Old 5th August 2009, 15:31   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Fast Love! its lineans and not linens Linens Makes us sound like some kinda Cloth!

To prevent misting up of windows keep the temeperature of ur ACC = outside temperature as displayed in your MID. also a temperature in the range 24-25 on the ACC should prevent misting of windows from outside.

secondly there are certain products (liquids) available on ebay which if applied on the windshield prevents misting up of glass!
Thanks Sunil . All points above noted !
Old 17th August 2009, 15:12   #221
BHPian

Closing in on 7000km . not much action . only city driving . even the mumbai t-bhp meet didnt work out . Chica going great guns and giving an FE of 12 + kmpl in regular city driving.

Just few points :
1. I drive almost everyday. If i dont drive for maybe a day(especially when its raining), then the next day when i start the car in the morning there is a squeak that lasts for not more than 10 seconds while i am coming out of the building.

2. I have started using voice commands after knowing my friends, Amit (Punto) and Amit (Vahanpujari with Linea) are doing good with Lina. I also am fairly successful now in getting my way with her. However, there are still some names / commands she doesnt acknowledge . But i think that with time she will learn my accent. But , this voice thing is surely catching on for me.

Also , whoever is using the voice command , can you please tell me whether you say the command as " Call XYZ " or say "Call " then wait for Lina to ask you the name and then say " XYZ" ?

3. I noticed accidentally yesterday that the media player (Blaupunkt system) can be switched on without the keys inserted. I think no one so far discussed this. Is this the case with everyone or is this a strange behaviour. ? The guy who cleans my car accidentally touched the button and came running to me saying my musics playing in the car when i was at home

4. Scratches are getting unavoidable and there are many visible swirls / scratches which i keep removing with the Scratch remover stuff. It works but then there are minor scratches all over. I will ensure that the next visit to TASS where i have a 6 monthly 3M Paint Protection thing will take care of the scratches for good.

Happy Driving to all my Friends ! Cheers !

Last edited by FastLove : 17th August 2009 at 15:22.
Old 17th August 2009, 15:31   #222
BHPian

[quote=FastLove;1435944]
Scratches are getting unavoidable and there are many visible swirls / scratches which i keep removing with the Scratch remover stuff. It works but then there are minor scratches all over.quote]

What is this scratch remover stuff. Please throw some more light over it.
Old 17th August 2009, 15:36   #223
BHPian

[quote=nicesachin;1435996]
Quote:
Scratches are getting unavoidable and there are many visible swirls / scratches which i keep removing with the Scratch remover stuff. It works but then there are minor scratches all over.quote]

What is this scratch remover stuff. Please throw some more light over it.

Its a Solution (Thick White paste) i had bought from bangkok. It is a brand called "Karshine" . The effects are really good . i use a chamoise leather to rub the paste on the scratched area and the shine that you get is amazing .

Last edited by FastLove : 17th August 2009 at 15:43.
Old 17th August 2009, 16:25   #224
BHPian

Here are some scenarios i use (note that only some phones support the home/work type number storage):

Me: Call xyz
Lina: There are 2 numbers available. Please select.
I select xyz-mobile with steering controls.
Lina: Call xyz on mobile now?
Me: yes

Me: Call xyz mobile
Lina: Call xyz on mobile now?
Me: yes

Dial 9848032919
Lina: Dial 9848032919 now?
me: yes

regarding Music system being ON after removing keys,
This has been discussed before. I think Blue and Me requires to be always ON. So it keeps drawing battery power.

Quote:
Also , whoever is using the voice command , can you please tell me whether you say the command as " Call XYZ " or say "Call " then wait for Lina to ask you the name and then say " XYZ" ?

3. I noticed accidentally yesterday that the media player (Blaupunkt system) can be switched on without the keys inserted. I think no one so far discussed this. Is this the case with everyone or is this a strange behaviour. ? The guy who cleans my car accidentally touched the button and came running to me saying my musics playing in the car when i was at home

4. Scratches are getting unavoidable and there are many visible swirls / scratches which i keep removing with the Scratch remover stuff. It works but then there are minor scratches all over. I will ensure that the next visit to TASS where i have a 6 monthly 3M Paint Protection thing will take care of the scratches for good.

Happy Driving to all my Friends ! Cheers !
Old 17th August 2009, 16:41   #225
BANNED

Quote:
Closing in on 7000km .
Great Going !! Keep it up & keep satisfying her !!

Quote:
1. I drive almost everyday. If i dont drive for maybe a day(especially when its raining), then the next day when i start the car in the morning there is a squeak that lasts for not more than 10 seconds while i am coming out of the building.
Have not noticed this yet. Shall have to check & get back.

Quote:
2. I have started using voice commands after knowing my friends, Amit (Punto) and Amit (Vahanpujari with Linea) are doing good with Lina.
Dear- I've still a long way to go for an exotic affair with Lina !! But earlier the failure rate for Voice commands was 80%, now its reduced to 30-40%. What I realised is to speak faster & with lower tone. If I say "STOP" with a raised voice, Lina doesn't like this shouting , but if I say softly "Stop", Lina accepts.
Quote:
I use Call XYZ command. Tried only Call command several times but Lina did not accept it (but I guess it should work). But, when some other voice command failed, she came back asking "now say the name of the person you want to call" to which I said the name & it worked like a charm. This is particularly useful when you have a contact stored with 2 words e.g. "Tom Cruise".
Quote:
Is this the case with everyone or is this a strange behaviour. ?
Yes. This is perfectly normal.
Quote:
I think you should limit the use of Scratch remover & use it only on extreme absolute necessities e.g. ugly looking blatant scratches only. Scratch remover also "scratches" the clear coat & if I remember correctly what they do is they slightly dissolve the pigments of paint surrounding a scratch which will fill the "recess" in scratch with that dissolve paint pigments.
The scratches/ swirl marks are visible due to our F. Red color. My car is also full of scraches & though it pains a lot, I've stopped thinking about it & let it go as usual. However, If you notice, from a distance of 4-5 feets, still the color looks brand new without any scratches visible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks