Lovely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Stanley Classic Leather : Rs. 25,000

Let the pictures do rest of the talking
Quote:
Few more interior pics ..
Very well and neatly done interiors, the car looks very classy now.

The clear plastic mats, though ungaily, are a must considering the muck that hitches a ride on the bottom of our shoes.

Cheers,
Old 7th June 2009, 17:08   #152
BHPian

Lovely seat covers. Quick question, how do they handle the heat? I have found that for Indian weather these usually cause too much heat - even with the ac on? As in, they cause the passengers to perspire. Those were normal leather covers that I am talking about. Certainly no special material. Just wondering what your experience has been?
Old 7th June 2009, 21:59   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Hey you put plastic/rubber mats over the Linea mats. Is it to protect the mats as they are carpet material?
I saw that someother Liena owner also did same thing.

Just curious, Is it the general norm to put 2 sets of mats in any car?
The transparent Rubber/Plastic mat is put just in view of the Monsoon coming. Yes to protect the carpet. . I would personally prefer 1 carpet mat .

Omar - You can put Stanley leather . Dont tell me you have Air Bags on your Seat . The Stanley guy did tell me that the Steering (Central Area) cannot be touched as it has Airbags. So i assume anything to do with Airbags no one recommends touching them!
Old 7th June 2009, 22:56   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
Lovely seat covers. Quick question, how do they handle the heat? I have found that for Indian weather these usually cause too much heat - even with the ac on? As in, they cause the passengers to perspire. Those were normal leather covers that I am talking about. Certainly no special material. Just wondering what your experience has been?

Have had them on my chic for just the last 2 days.So far , including , today afternooons drive with one of my tbhp friend sanjeevi who came visiting the car was parked for a while in the sun on my way back home and the seats were as cofortable as ever.

Moreover, i have been travelling in a Stanley Seat Car (Napa Leather in my friends honda city) for last 4 months and especially in the mumbai heat. The experience is this :
1. in a regular leather seat if you are to park the car in the sun for a while and then you hop in you have to bear the heat inside the cabin as well as the heated leather on the seat. Napa Stanley Leather would cool down faster , maybe in less than 30 seconds to body temperature.

2. the heat generally causes discomfort and the back of the shirt generally get sweaty and stick to the seat . thats how bad mumbai heat is. however i have experienced that the stanley leather gives absolute comfort in these scenarios.

My primary reason to go for Stanley seats was the above factors apart from the beautiful fit they give.

Ravvendra Thank you for your comment
Old 7th June 2009, 23:18   #155
BHPian

Quote:

Dont tell me you have Air Bags on your Seat .
YUP!! I have airbags in my seats, so that means I can't :(
Old 7th June 2009, 23:51   #156
Senior - BHPian

Lovely car, FastLove. Congrats!
Interiors are very nicely done indeed. Light coloured upholstery is not easy to maintain, so you'll have your hands full with that

Enjoy your ride man... she's a beaut!
Old 8th June 2009, 02:05   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I saw that someother Liena owner also did same thing.
Thats me!!. Have a look at my car photos i have the same plastic mats. Same pinch fastlove!!!
Old 8th June 2009, 20:53   #158
BHPian

Done with the First Free Service at 2978 Km. Got the Car Back on time .

Work Done :

1. Wheel Alignment Done Payed Rs. 400 for this.
2. Oil and all other mndatory Checks done.
3. Under Body was All ok. No visible signs inspite of few scrapes that i thought may hav hurt the car underbody.
4. Front Pasenger seat side chrome strip was slightly loose which was stuck back neatly.
5. Good Wash and overall Interior/ exterior Cleaning done.
6. Most Importantly, my Brand New Stanley seats was kept Spankingly clean
7. Mud Flaps Neatly Installed Cost Rs. 600

Total Expense 600 + 400 = Rs. 1000

The Car seems a tad bit smoother (it cant get any better now )

Overall, The Good Experience with FIAT and the A.S.S continues !
Old 8th June 2009, 21:12   #159
BHPian

Hi Fastlove,

Good to hear that your experience with the TATA-FIAT A.S.S was nice, it would be a point encouragement for the prospective buyers like me

Some Quick Questions:

1. Why didnt you got the Engine Oil Changed ?
2. Are the Rear Mud Flaps screwed to the cars bumper & the screws visible, it will be nice if you can post some pictures of the Mud Flaps.
3. Did you got them coloured to match the cars body colour ? likewise the other Linea owners on the forum has done ?
4. How was the experience of A.S.S while handling your complaints / queries, were they competent ?

Ohh.. i think these questions are enough for now, second batch of question will come sometime soon

Regards,
Sanjeev
Old 8th June 2009, 21:23   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Hi Fastlove,

Good to hear that your experience with the TATA-FIAT A.S.S was nice, it would be a point encouragement for the prospective buyers like me

Some Quick Questions:

1. Why didnt you got the Engine Oil Changed ?
2. Are the Rear Mud Flaps screwed to the cars bumper & the screws visible, it will be nice if you can post some pictures of the Mud Flaps.
3. Did you got them coloured to match the cars body colour ? likewise the other Linea owners on the forum has done ?
4. How was the experience of A.S.S while handling your complaints / queries, were they competent ?

Ohh.. i think these questions are enough for now, second batch of question will come sometime soon

Regards,
Sanjeev

Hi Sanjeev,

1. Engine Oil scheduled change is at 15000 km. I am sticking to that. The Engine Oil in the Linea is Selena Synthetic Oil. I guess that it should be good enought to last 15k. My regular Check on the Dip Stick shows clear Oil , no blackness yet.
2. The Front Mud Flaps are clipped from inside. The rear ones are clipped from outside. The clips (or screws) are grey and matt finished . i find it quite decent and not jarring at all. The MudFlaps are Black.
3. did i tell you that iam a lazy man
4. Very Prompt . My Appointment time was 1040 am and my car was taken in at 1041am. As i had little or no issue, there was not much to test them anyway (maybe my laziness again). Apart from this other points mentioned by me above were taken note of and addressed to satisfaction.

Pictures tomorrow. Its dark now
Old 8th June 2009, 23:14   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wheel Alignment Done Payed Rs. 400 for this.
Mate it is for free in chennai. the service manual states that it is done as a part of first service. Why did you pay?. just fight and get back the money .......
Old 9th June 2009, 10:55   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Mate it is for free in chennai. the service manual states that it is done as a part of first service. Why did you pay?. just fight and get back the money .......
Yeah, its mentioned in the manual that its a inspection service which service centre should follow as a part of the first service. How can they charge for it? Its the same like checking lights, electricals etc in 1st service and we dont get charged for them.

Fastlove,
Didnt you get mudflaps as freebies from the dealer ? 600 more for it, hope you got other things instead of this.
My dealer provided everything, had even promised a gear lock but pity it cant be fitted in a Linea
Old 9th June 2009, 11:14   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Fastlove, the interiors look out of this world. Now they look very classy. however, you should have chosen a tad darker color since light biege gets dirty quicky ( speaking from experience)
Old 9th June 2009, 13:57   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Stanley Classic Leather : Rs. 25,000

Let the pictures do rest of the talking
Fastlove, Fantastic seats!

But like geeash said, I too went to Stanley Chennai and the guy said they could not do glove box, door arm rests etc as they didn't have the "template" and that it was designed such that it could not be removed for leather covering! I showed him a pic of Tinky-Winky's seats (Ovion?) with door pad covered and he said he would check with factory and get back. It's 3 weeks now and he never got back.

Quoted 25K for classic, part leather, without doorpad, gear knob, handbrake etc. Guess they could do with a little competition here.

geeash, we need to go as a group and bully him into doing it our way. Can call drashkum as well.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 9th June 2009, 14:22   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
Fastlove, Fantastic seats!

But like geeash said, I too went to Stanley Chennai and the guy said they could not do glove box, door arm rests etc as they didn't have the "template" and that it was designed such that it could not be removed for leather covering! I showed him a pic of Tinky-Winky's seats (Ovion?) with door pad covered and he said he would check with factory and get back. It's 3 weeks now and he never got back.

Quoted 25K for classic, part leather, without doorpad, gear knob, handbrake etc. Guess they could do with a little competition here.

geeash, we need to go as a group and bully him into doing it our way. Can call drashkum as well.

Gears,
Red-One.
man you simply forgot me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks